Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 18: Post Game Partying: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 25329 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 18: Post Game Partying: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #90
Listen, i copped a lot of crap in the off-season for suggesting Polson would be high (possibly #1) on the delist list.
He has hardly set the world on fire since.
However, i've seen glimpses in him which i like.

He's just played his 9th game. Data for 9th game hasn't been updated yet
Some stats for people to consider though...
StatPlayer APlayer B
Age on Debut19y 41d  19y 34d
Age on 9th game20y 139d  21y 2d
Highest disposals (in first 8 games)  159
Average dispoals (in first 8 games)  7.632.75
Average tackles (in first 8 games)  2.881.22
Total Scores (in first 8 games)  1 goal 51 goal 2
Total inside 50's (in first 8 games)  114
Total rebound 50's (in first 8 games)  01
Contested:uncontested possession ratio   32:36 (47%)   10:12 (45%)
Draft pick taken5945
-
-
NamePolsonSimpson

I agreed with you regarding polson being first in the gun.

There is something endearing about him, but I take exception to the stats.

Simpson played sporadically in his first three games registering zero possessions. He said recently that in two of the games he was only on the Park halfway through the last quarter.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #91
Aside from the obvious contribution of our leaders, I was impressed with:

Lobbe consistent ruck effort and strong follow up
Kennedy's strength and composure
Samo's vision and delivery
Jack's nous and improvement in close
Dow looks like he's having a ball and loves the blues
Having Marchy and speedy Casey back
The return of the spirit of the old (young) Weiters
Team celebrations of every goal
Pressure in the dying minutes
Bolts pride

Hope they have a fun filled and full recovery on the GC, and that Weiters is ok

I just re watched the game.
Our hand balling was a significant improvement on what we have seen especially in the greasy conditions
Also the physical commitment from all was a nice change.
One of the young guys, Cripps could be a player

Reply #92
Harbrow had 13 possies vs the Swans and wasnt close to being in their best but had 24 possies vs us......
No one is saying to delist him.....just dont try and sell us the story he is some world beater either because the stats dont back it up.....he is the least impressive of our kids but is
acquiring some cult status because he is very school boyish and gets the sympathy vote because the game is a struggle for him.....good luck to him, hope he gets better but dont knock Shawny
for telling the real story rather than buying into the fairy tale....

They killed the swans for pace through the midfield usually starting off half back.

Don't come on here drawing conclusions on our 19 year olds who are playing forward pocket in a team getting thrashed usually and expect it to go unchallenged.

On another positive note... Adelaide and WB both lost. At the moment that's picks 23 and 25 to us. Not sure the crows would have expected their pick to be quite that high when they did the Gibbs deal. They'd have expected it to be a full 10 or 11 spots later.

Reply #93
They killed the swans for pace through the midfield usually starting off half back.

Don't come on here drawing conclusions on our 19 year olds who are playing forward pocket in a team getting thrashed usually and expect it to go unchallenged.

On another positive note... Adelaide and WB both lost. At the moment that's picks 23 and 25 to us. Not sure the crows would have expected their pick to be quite that high when they did the Gibbs deal. They'd have expected it to be a full 10 or 11 spots later.

Yes - I've also been watching the results of WB & the Crows - you don't have to lose to get better draft picks - you just have to hope those 2 teams lose.  way better than tanking.  and i always enjoy watching the crows lose.  I dearly hope they miss the finals.

Reply #94
Listen, i copped a lot of crap in the off-season for suggesting Polson would be high (possibly #1) on the delist list.
He has hardly set the world on fire since.
However, i've seen glimpses in him which i like.

He's just played his 9th game. Data for 9th game hasn't been updated yet
Some stats for people to consider though...
StatPlayer APlayer B
Age on Debut19y 41d  19y 34d
Age on 9th game20y 139d  21y 2d
Highest disposals (in first 8 games)  159
Average dispoals (in first 8 games)  7.632.75
Average tackles (in first 8 games)  2.881.22
Total Scores (in first 8 games)  1 goal 51 goal 2
Total inside 50's (in first 8 games)  114
Total rebound 50's (in first 8 games)  01
Contested:uncontested possession ratio   32:36 (47%)   10:12 (45%)
Draft pick taken5945
-
-
NamePolsonSimpson

Take your point and yes Kade had a ordinary start too  but I'm not seeing what others bar Shawny are seeing in Polson, I think its another David Ellard love story, the little bloke who isnt very good but we will keep him on the list for 8 years.
because we all like him and he is good clubman.

Reply #95
I just re watched the game.
Our hand balling was a significant improvement on what we have seen especially in the greasy conditions
Also the physical commitment from all was a nice change.
One of the young guys, Cripps could be a player

I hope you don't think I missed Crippa.... he's in the leaders bit of course. In fact he needs a category of his own. The champion category!

I also liked the extra 0.5% effort to spoil, shepherd, or put ball carrier off balance. Many of us have noticed this missing previously.

Starting to get excited about the draft and PS.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #96

I didnt draw any conclusions I just quoted the stats and refused to drink the same kool-aid that most are drinking about a kid who has done very little..

Yep very pleasing to see the Crows down and almost out and the Bulldogs proving their GF was a fluke.....Josh Dunkley is impressive for the Dogs prefer him to Wallis....

Reply #97
Pick 23 + 25 packaged up and traded for pick 12ish? 

Reply #98
Wallis would be a good stop gap in the midfield but he's a coach killer with his kicking.

I'd take Dalhouse though.

Reply #99
I hope you don't think I missed Crippa.... he's in the leaders bit of course. In fact he needs a category of his own. The champion category!

I also liked the extra 0.5% effort to spoil, shepherd, or put ball carrier off balance. Many of us have noticed this missing previously.

Starting to get excited about the draft and PS.

No just thought It was some kind of game.
I liked a few others too, SPS may have taken some big strides last night, and Dow keeps improving.
A few more positives and we will all be happy to stay the course but geez they have been few and far between

Reply #100
Wallis would be a good stop gap in the midfield but he's a coach killer with his kicking.

I'd take Dalhouse though.

Wallis would be a no from me for reasons I have said on another thread......Dahlhaus would be 50/50, handy goalkicker but very small and we already have a forward pocket pressure machine
in Cameron Polson... ;)

Reply #101
Dalhouse plays quite a bit of midfield and he'd be starting mid in our team.

Reply #102
I’m liking what I see from Polsen which is unending pressure.

SPS gets panned on here at times for not going all in all the time so what I and others see and like is this kids go!

Reply #103
Dalhouse plays quite a bit of midfield and he'd be starting mid in our team.

You think of the good midfields say a Treloar, Pendlebury, DeGoey, Sidebottom and he is going to be useless vs that quality, I want more size and strength to help Cripps....not more Auskickers...
I can see a role for Dahlhaus as a small forward but not on ball....

Reply #104
You think of the good midfields say a Treloar, Pendlebury, DeGoey, Sidebottom and he is going to be useless vs that quality, I want more size and strength to help Cripps....not more Auskickers...
I can see a role for Dahlhaus as a small forward but not on ball....

Treloar isn't that big.  181 cm.  Dalhaus is 178.

Still if we are getting a bulldog it's Jack mccrae or someone who isn't cracking in for a game IMHO.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson