Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 18: Post Game Partying: Carlton vs Gold Coast (Read 25183 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 18: Post Game Partying: Carlton vs Gold Coast

Reply #120
If we were to bring in Dahlhaus, I’d prefer to see him as an upgrade of someone who can’t get a game.  Wright may have dropped off a bit but his best is still very good and he is the only experienced forward we have.  I’m not sure that Dahlhaus would bring the steadiness of Wright.

If Wright does get a contract extension, I’d like to see a couple of our youngsters putting pressure on him for his spot, particularly if they can add strength to our midfield rotations.

I'm on the opposite train of thought. You upgrade your better players and then those players that are upgraded become your depth. No good getting a guy who's better than your duds, but not as good as your under performing lineup.

Reply #121
I'm on the opposite train of thought. You get someone better than what you're playing and then those players that are upgraded become your depth. No good getting a guy who's better than your duds, but not as good as your under performing lineup.

Reply #122
There's a rumor floating around that Christian has recommended to Hocking that Cripps gets offered a week for the Swallow tackle, but the AFL has yet to tick off on the recommendations! If Cripps isn't cleared it's going to be bullcrap! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #123
I'm on the opposite train of thought. You upgrade your better players and then those players that are upgraded become your depth. No good getting a guy who's better than your duds, but not as good as your under performing lineup.

I think we’re saying much the same thing NM, but with a different emphasis.

I would be happy to see Dahlhaus (or a similar first 22 player) come in at the expense of someone like LeBois (yes he’s a rookie but seems most likely not to make the grade).  Dahlhaus would then provide much-needed depth and more competition for the small forward spot.  I’d like to see Wright providing depth too, if someone like Cuningham could step and force him out of the side. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #124
Cripps would be very unlucky. Both him and Swallow had momentum going forward when he was tackled. No pinning of the arms and didn't drive him into the ground forcefully...just an accidental one for mine. If they're going to rub him out then Moore should get a week for kneeing his own team mate in the head in that marking contest! May's was way worse....he's just lucky that Curnow has got a hard head and got up. That was about as late as you could possibly get...shoulder to the head....minimum two weeks surely?

Reply #125
There's a rumor floating around that Christian has recommended to Hocking that Cripps gets offered a week for the Swallow tackle, but the AFL has yet to tick off on the recommendations! If Cripps isn't cleared it's going to be bullcrap! :o

I can't think of a more inappropriate name for that character!  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #126
I can't think of a more inappropriate name for that character!  ::)

No prizes for guessing where the rumor comes from, a Handbagger!

Apparently they are claiming that based on Dangerfield getting done for Kreuzer, Cripps deserves a week, Hocking in charge....DoH!

If Cripps gets off, will the turd Dangerfield complain after his Kreuzer penalty earlier this season?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #127

There is seriously something wrong with our game if Cripps gets rubbed out for tackling a bloke. What has this great game become?

Reply #128
Ciaran Byrne's take on the skipper:

"The amount of work he (Murphy) does around the Club, he’s been an outstanding leader for us," he said.
“You can see on the weekend, he’s so calm with the ball and hard at it. He’s a very important player for us.” 

The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #129
There is seriously something wrong with our game if Cripps gets rubbed out for tackling a bloke. What has this great game become?

Hopefuly it's all air.....but agreed, there was nothing in it. 
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #130
when does it have to go in by? Tonight or tomorrow?

If he is cited, I sincerely hope CFC do not sit by silently this time....

Reply #131
I normally wouldn't take much notice of this type of rumor, from the person concerned not the rumor, but given the way the Handbaggers complained about Charlie and Ed I'm left a little skeptical.

Cripps 10 Votes;
https://www.aflcoaches.com.au/awards/the-aflca-champion-player-of-the-year-award/leaderboard

Interesting votes.
10 - Patrick Cripps (CARL) = 2 x 5
6 - Kade Simpson (CARL) = (1 x 2 + 1 x 4) or (2 x 3)
6 - Charlie Curnow (CARL) = (1 x 2 + 1 x 4) or (2 x 3)
4 - Marc Murphy (CARL) = 1 x 4
2 - Ed Curnow (CARL) = 1 x 2
1 - Sam Petrevski-Seton (CARL) = 1 x 1
1 - Darcy Lang (CARL) = 1 x 1
The Force Awakens!

Reply #132
I normally wouldn't take much notice of this type of rumor, but given the way the Handbaggers complained about Charlie and Ed I'm left a little skeptical.

Not one commentator suggested he had a problem with that tackle.
The opposite!
The club would have to 'noisily' appeal that decision...to the point of "Don't tread on us anymore...we're done taking it!"

Reply #133
They probably have to look at it because Swallow went off concussed and didn't come back on. But yes, none of the commentators thought there was anything in it. Definitely not two actions and he didn't drive him into the ground with any intent like the Natanui one earlier this year. Cripps is a big guy and if he'd wanted to drive Swallow into the turf and hurt him then it would've been a lot worse.

Reply #134
If Cripps gets cited for that tackle we know for sure there is a witch hunt going on!!
Reality always wins in the end.