Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion (Read 60096 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rd 2: Carlton vs. Sydney: Post Game Passion

Reply #180
I saw some snippets of the game (the Telstra app is useless) and listened to a fair bit of the commentary.

The positives I took out of the game are:
1. Bolton refused to go defensive and didn't allow any of our players to have an easy time.  He will have learnt more about who is capable from that game than he did in the last 6 months.
2.  We didn't give up.  Even though we were being smashed by a very good team, players tried their hardest right to the end.

We are terrible.  We haven't improved at all under Bolts.  We have a toxic losing culture that revolves around Andrew MacKay and other cronies.  Heads should have rolled for the Betts trade decision- Andrew I'm sure had a lot to do with that.  Why Waite is playing at another club, let alone doing so well is just Frickan SAD.  We put 5 months into a pre-season campaign supposedly learning new things, but 2nd week in and the tractor is lining up at full forward.  Yeah right.  Get rid of the lot of them- board included.

Reply #181
We are terrible.  We haven't improved at all under Bolts.  We have a toxic losing culture that revolves around Andrew MacKay and other cronies.  Heads should have rolled for the Betts trade decision- Andrew I'm sure had a lot to do with that.  Why Waite is playing at another club, let alone doing so well is just Frickan SAD.  We put 5 months into a pre-season campaign supposedly learning new things, but 2nd week in and the tractor is lining up at full forward.  Yeah right.  Get rid of the lot of them- board included.
So youve given the Coach 2 rnds and want him sacked? FMD!
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #182
Mine too.
He took a while to adjust but then really looked to compete consistently. The use of his body and preparedness to take a risk impressed me. Might be premature, but he looked injury free and fit for this stage of the fixture. His tenacity can only inspire his teammates.

I think Thomas cops a lot not just because of his contract but what he represents, the stupidity of our club.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #183

No I don't think it is Bolton's fault- other than the playing of tractor at full forward which i believe IS his fault.  No the issue is with the administration.  It's all too easy to play at the blues.  Good contracts, nice club facilities, a nice vet who will look after your sick puppy and a president who gives out housing portfolios.  The simple fact about the weekend is we lost by 10 goals!  Yes Sydney are a good side, but are they 10 goals better?  10 goals to me means we don't want the damn ball enough.  Look at the way the bulldogs keep it inside their forward 50.  They are manic.  If you do that, you don't go down by 10 goals.  It's a cultural thing.  It's been all too easy there for too long.  If you do have a bit of flair/nastiness- e.g Betts, Waite, Laider, Macinnies etc.  Andrew and Co. find you guilty of being a crape human being and you get delisted.  Well I think some of the worst human beings make good footballers.  I would back , and I think this actually might happen, a board spill at round 15.  Brown will come in and turn the club culture around.  He will have to, because by then our crowds will be 8,000 max, they'll shut the 2nd and 3rd levels at the G on a cold Sunday arvo and will won't be able to get a pie, nor pay the bills at the club.  Weltering will be offered a bit deal by the pies and Casboult will be on his way to Freo.

Reply #184

Posts reads like our former contributor Mosquito Fleet.
 :o
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #185
No I don't think it is Bolton's fault- other than the playing of tractor at full forward which i believe IS his fault.  No the issue is with the administration.  It's all too easy to play at the blues.  Good contracts, nice club facilities, a nice vet who will look after your sick puppy and a president who gives out housing portfolios.  The simple fact about the weekend is we lost by 10 goals!  Yes Sydney are a good side, but are they 10 goals better?  10 goals to me means we don't want the damn ball enough.  Look at the way the bulldogs keep it inside their forward 50.  They are manic.  If you do that, you don't go down by 10 goals.  It's a cultural thing.  It's been all too easy there for too long.  If you do have a bit of flair/nastiness- e.g Betts, Waite, Laider, Macinnies etc.  Andrew and Co. find you guilty of being a crape human being and you get delisted.  Well I think some of the worst human beings make good footballers.  I would back , and I think this actually might happen, a board spill at round 15.  Brown will come in and turn the club culture around.  He will have to, because by then our crowds will be 8,000 max, they'll shut the 2nd and 3rd levels at the G on a cold Sunday arvo and will won't be able to get a pie, nor pay the bills at the club.  Weltering will be offered a bit deal by the pies and Casboult will be on his way to Freo.

Piss off idiot.

Youve obviously got an agenda to push . That powerhouse with the super list Collingwood got beaten worse.

Reply #186
Posts reads like our former contributor Mosquito Fleet.
 :o

Hey don't get me wrong, I love my blues.  I live for em.  But I am just voicing my opinion and frustration of what I think is going on at the club.  i could be wrong, I could be right.  Time will tell I guess.

Reply #187
Hey don't get me wrong, I love my blues.  I live for em.  But I am just voicing my opinion and frustration of what I think is going on at the club.  i could be wrong, I could be right.  Time will tell I guess.

Sure Mozzie.

Mate, you're hopeless.

Board, McKay and lies.

Same crap on TC. Cover blown, hit the bricks.

Reply #188
Sure Mozzie.

Mate, you're hopeless.

Board, McKay and lies.

Same crap on TC. Cover blown, hit the bricks.

I don't know who this mozzie is that you are referring to.  Anyway, at the end of the day I'm entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours.  I hope I am wrong.  But I fear that things are going to get worse.  Let's hope for a better showing against Gold Coast.

Reply #189
I don't know who this mozzie is that you are referring to.  Anyway, at the end of the day I'm entitled to my opinion as you are entitled to yours.  I hope I am wrong.  But I fear that things are going to get worse.  Let's hope for a better showing against Gold Coast.

Sure.

Reply #190
Sure.

Hey fella (fwiw),  just read my other posts.  I'm not Mossie?  Most of my posts are pretty positive.  I'm just very frustrated at the moment. It is sickening to watch week after week.  Anyway, goodnight.

Reply #191
You're the definition of an internet troll and you are deceiving nobody.

Inboltswetrust as a name.

One bad loss and goes bang.

Yep.   Nup.  Internet troll. 
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #192

WTF? :o. Where did this come from?
We want 'green shoots' not 'green poops'! ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #193
The Age Carlton vs Swans:

Best Carlton: Wright, Weitering, Thomas, Gibbs, Docherty, Kerridge.

The other site I checked was the AFL website summary again with Gibbs in the best four.  No independent article I have read, has been critical of this game or has given a 'Cotchin' type review of his game.

Interesting what different sets of eyes see.

Reply #194
The Age Carlton vs Swans:

Best Carlton: Wright, Weitering, Thomas, Gibbs, Docherty, Kerridge.

The other site I checked was the AFL website summary again with Gibbs in the best four.  No independent article I have read, has been critical of this game or has given a 'Cotchin' type review of his game.

Interesting what different sets of eyes see.

There is seeing a game and then there is 'watching' a game. ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come