Skip to main content
Topic: Flying the Flag (Read 7799 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Flying the Flag

Reply #46
We dont recruit players who fly the flag, Cripps aside most of our bigger players are the passive type and a bloke like Mumford scares
the daylights out of our players. Barry Hall was the same, our blokes would actually jump out of the road so Barry could soldier on untouched.
You need a couple of mongrels who can play a bit, its an essential element of any good team, too many choir boys in our team.
Its so obvious to most that even a kid like Stocker stands out after a few games only as he is prepared to stand his ground and shows more substance
than a lot of his teammates.

Reply #47
We dont recruit players who fly the flag, Cripps aside most of our bigger players are the passive type and a bloke like Mumford scares
the daylights out of our players. Barry Hall was the same, our blokes would actually jump out of the road so Barry could soldier on untouched.
You need a couple of mongrels who can play a bit, its an essential element of any good team, too many choir boys in our team.
Its so obvious to most that even a kid like Stocker stands out after a few games only as he is prepared to stand his ground and shows more substance
than a lot of his teammates.

I don't disagree, but as a counterargument, let me take you down memory lane.

Game #13 (i think) a fresh faced 18yo "I just wanted to take one of them out with me" or words to that effect after popping his shoulder and then getting in the face of opposition players. Showed plenty of agro and fight in his first season.

That player - Marc Murphy.

Now? Well.....Spanner wanna handle this one?  :P

Reply #48

Game #13 (i think) a fresh faced 18yo "I just wanted to take one of them out with me" or words to that effect after popping his shoulder and then getting in the face of opposition players. Showed plenty of agro and fight in his first season.

Wonder what happened after game 13?

Reply #50

Great argument

Thanks for your input