Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2020 - Votes (Read 5740 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW 2020 - Votes

To refresh peoples memory, the voting for the girls is different to that of the guys.

We use the traditional 3, 2, 1 method for votes (no splitting!)

So in a dominant win against the (other) 'old' enemy in R1, who deserves the 3, 2, 1?

Re: AFLW 2020 - Votes - R1 vs Richmond

Reply #1
It’s hard to pick three when so many played well and had significant influence on our performance.  I’m still pondering 🤔
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2
3 - McEvoy
2 - Presparkis
1 - Loynes

I thought McEvoy played 4 quarters, which is why I have her ahead of Presparkis. For a first game McEvoy has already proven herself to be a significant recruit, and she'll get better when she used to playing in front of a crowd and at the AFLW speed. Seems to always have time and space when she gets the football, a bit like the Hyphen or Diesel!

Presparkis is very impressive when she gets on a role, but some of that came courtesy of the Nthmond coach releasing the tag, I thought she was well held early in the game when she got plenty of football but wasn't able to break away and do anything with it.

Loynes is a Selwood type, she does the unfashionable hard things at the right moment and keeps the team focused. Every team needs one of these type players, I suppose we are lucky as we have Loynes and the twins.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
It’s hard to pick three when so many played well and had significant influence on our performance.  I’m still pondering 🤔
I agree with this totally. Basically every one of our girls did something and nobody really lowered their colours. However, it was such a even display that giving votes is very difficult:

[3] Maddy P: her disposal and her willing to get the first possession was excellent. And didn't the girls like it when she slotted that goal. 21 disposals , 7 more than anyone else, tells a real tale.
[2] Bree Moody: this was one of Moody's most effective game for us. She was excellent. her clearances from the middle were tha sort of thing that could win us matches.
[1] Tayla Harris: Dominated her position all night and provided a great target.

Honourable mentions:
Katie Loynes: a typical Loynes game. She is hard at the ball, took a couple of clutch marks and book the goal we really needed.
Lucy McEvoy: a really solid game for a first gamer. Her time was good, her skills were good and she looked very comfortable.
Sarah Hosking: an excellent game and deserving of a lot more mentions that I have written so far.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #4
3 Prespakis
2 McEvoy
1 Harris

Reply #5
3. Prespakis
2. Moody
1. Harris

Apologies
Gee
Downie
McEvoy

Reply #6
3. Prespakis
2. Loynes
1. McEvoy

HM. Dalton, Harris

Reply #7
3 Prespakis
2 Moody
1 Gee

So many solid contributors.
Congratulations girls
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #8
I find it hard enough to spread 15 votes around, acknowledging those who deserve a mention. Having to go '3, 2, 1' is very hard indeed. And in an even performance all the more so.
In my (rather original) opinion, I thought that young Georgia Gee played probably her more effect game for us. he pace, run and good disposal was pleasing, even though she did get caught badly twice and kicked to bad intercepts. I am very pleased with her progress.

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
3 - Moody - Set up the win with her dominance in the ruck and presence around the ground.
2 - Harris - Dominated her position and worked hard to bring others into the game.
1 - Loynes - Relentless in driving the team and leading from the front.

Apologies to most of the team and particularly Prespakis, Gee, Downie, McEvoy, Plane, Brazzale and Harrington.

If Harford can maintain that level of performance, we will be in for a good season  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #10
3. Prespakis

2. McEvoy

1. Loynes
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #11
Coaches votes for this game are in...and its fair to say i nailed it!   8)

10 Madison Prespakis (CARL)
7 Breann Moody (CARL)
6 Tayla Harris (CARL)
3 Grace Egan (CARL)
2 Phoebe Monahan (RICH)
1 Katie Loynes (CARL)
1 Charlotte Wilson (CARL)

I had Prespakis, Moody and Harris, in that order in my votes and that allows me to breathe a huge sigh of relief. I agonised over those votes for hours and changed my mind about 10 times. Finally settling on them.

I'll do the tally up and post the results in the next couple of days.

Reply #12
Coaches votes for this game are in...and its fair to say i nailed it!   8)

10 Madison Prespakis (CARL)
7 Breann Moody (CARL)
6 Tayla Harris (CARL)
3 Grace Egan (CARL)
2 Phoebe Monahan (RICH)
1 Katie Loynes (CARL)
1 Charlotte Wilson (CARL)

I had Prespakis, Moody and Harris, in that order in my votes and that allows me to breathe a huge sigh of relief. I agonised over those votes for hours and changed my mind about 10 times. Finally settling on them.

I'll do the tally up and post the results in the next couple of days.

That assumes that the coaches know what they're doing ;)

I reckon Harf's votes would be a pretty good benchmark but I'm not sure that Hunter has much idea.

Reply #13
3. Prespakis
2. Moody
1. Harris

Apologies
Gee
Downie
McEvoy

Looks like you nailed the team of the week selections too! 👍

AFLW 2020 - Votes - R2 vs Collingwood

Reply #14
Not the result we wanted.

But we still need to vote.

Best 3, 2, 1 for this week?