Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs at Western Oval (Read 1742 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs at Western Oval

After last week's disappointment, I hope we can see some major improvement this week.
CARLTON
B: G.Pound 6 C.Wilson 20
HB: K.Harrington - C 9 V.Laloifi 8 N.Stevens 21
C: C.Dalton 15 K.Loynes 2 S.Hosking 10
HF: B.Walker 14 T.Harris 7 N.Plane 32
F: A.Downie 30 D.Vescio 3
R: B.Moody 16 G.Egan 1 M.Prespakis 4
Int: J.Hosking 11 L.McEvoy 13 L.Brazzale 12 G.Gee 19 J.Edwards 25

Emerg: B.Vernon 31 C.Jones 22

In: J.Edwards
Out: J.Doonan

Still no Abbie McKay ... :(

WESTERN BULLDOGS
B: A.Gogos 36 L.Spark 11
HB: K.Herron 31 E.Gamble 14 N.Ferres 16
C: B.Hunt 21 K.Lamb 27 G.Lagioia 12
HF: G.Newton 5 B.Toogood 8 K.McLeod 6
F: E.Georgostathis 17 D.Berry 7
R: K.Rennie 24 E.Blackburn - C 2 A.McCarthy 15
Int: E.Brown 9 D.Marshall 26 I.Huntington 4 H.Scott 22 B.Lochland 1

Emerg: N.Callinan 10 H.Munyard 20

In: I.Huntington, B.Lochland
Out: N.Callinan, A.Van Oosterwijck
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFLW 2020 Rd 3: Carlton vs Western Bulldogs at Western Oval

Reply #1
Not sure who you would leave out of the side for Abbie McKay.

Egan and McEvoy are clearly an upgrade in the middle, which has allowed us to shift some others to the periphery more often (eg Hoskings and Loynes)

Its what we've been chasing for quite a while....depth.

Reply #2
Really need to see more from Vescio and Harris this week, we need to score

Reply #3
Late out Wilson.

In - Brooke Vernon for her first game.

Reply #4
Talking about 'those comments' from last week about Harris, and showing footage of Harris during the warm up. Its just one persons opinion, but she looked flat. I hope its just her laconic nature, but she looked like she did in the 2nd half last week......beaten.

Reply #5
Vescio hasn't fired a shot in years...
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #6
21 pt win, well done gals. Helps when you kick straight!!! Difficult conditions out at Dishlicker Park, so good win.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #7
Final siren. Blues win by 21
Carlton   8.3 - 51
Doggies 4.6 - 30

Reply #8
Well, well, well, Vescio and Harris both stepped up, solid games from both I thought. Also the best game I've seen Stevens play for ages, and Gee was outstanding in the forward half. 8 goals will win most AFLW games

Reply #9
Girls jumped out of the stalls well, repeated the fast start in 2nd half.
Can't help but be impressed by their pressure. They are ferocious in the contest and i50. So many of our tackles were laid by 2 players. Also noticed an improvement in their body positioning to dampen the doggies efforts. It's those little 1% that can be the difference in the end.

Harris impressed when the ball hit the ground 😜, which helped micro Gee to a clutch of three. Brazalle's bomb was a nice highlight too.

Love the girls determination and faith in each other. Digging deepest when the heat's on signals a healthy culture.

All the new girls impressed again. Really liked Mau's game down back.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #10
Well, well, well, Vescio and Harris both stepped up, solid games from both I thought. Also the best game I've seen Stevens play for ages, and Gee was outstanding in the forward half. 8 goals will win most AFLW games

You write Veschio and Harris off at your peril!

What I like about both, apart from their physicality and willingness to lay heavy tackles, is their team-first focus and determination to bring others into the game.

It was an excellent win and the way that we absorbed the Doggies’ with the wind attack and came back to smash them in the last quarter was one of the best efforts I’ve seen from the girls.  Well done 👏

By the way, did anyone else notice the rip to the body Tayla delivered to an opponent after a tackle in the last quarter?  She made it worse by checking on the victim for some time after the blow.  That could attract the MRP’s attention to the hit.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball