Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 385208 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #2265
The labels probably work with a lot of the US voting public, not sure they have 4 year memories.

Yep, makes sense bearing in mind also that the US electorate, from what came out from the polical quadrant test, are possibly skewed quite  a bit more to the right overall than we are here. From my own limited observations I suspect there is some truth to this.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2267
Looks as though Putin thinks Trump is going to lose:
Putin rejects Donald Trump's criticism of Biden family business[\url], Reuters.
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Sunday that he saw nothing criminal in Hunter Biden’s past business ties with Ukraine or Russia, marking out his disagreement with one of Donald Trump’s attack lines in the U.S. presidential election.

Putin was responding to comments made by Trump during televised debates with Democratic challenger Joe Biden ahead of the Nov. 3 election.

Putin appeared less friendly towards Trump in remarks broadcast by Russian state TV on Sunday. In what may be seen by some analysts as an attempt to try to curry favour with the Biden camp, he took the time to knock down what he made clear he regarded as false allegations from Trump about the Bidens.

“Yes, in Ukraine he (Hunter Biden) had or maybe still has a business, I don’t know. It doesn’t concern us. It concerns the Americans and the Ukrainians,” said Putin.

“But well yes he had at least one company, which he practically headed up, and judging from everything he made good money. I don’t see anything criminal about this, at least we don’t know anything about this (being criminal).”

Putin also reacted with visible irritation when asked about comments Trump has made concerning Putin’s ties to the former mayor of Moscow, and to an alleged payment made to Hunter Biden by the ex-mayor’s widow. Putin said he knew nothing about the existence of any commercial relationship between Hunter and the woman. Joe Biden says the accusation about his son is not true.
But is he simply hedging his bets or withdrawing support from Trump entirely? If the latter, maybe all Russian interference in the election might cease. After all, Putin knows a President Biden will receive a briefing from the US intelligence agencies regarding election interference soon after assuming office (and perhaps soon after the election if those briefs are given to both the sitting President and the President Elect).

Does this reduce the chances of a Russian-inspired October surprise? Might Putin release some of his Kompromat against Trump to ensure he doesn’t have to deal with a vengeful Trump for the next 4 years?

It’s so Shakespearean: Julius Caesar with a tinge of MacBeth.

Reply #2269
Yes, much more fitting :D

Reply #2270

It’s so Shakespearean: Julius Caesar with a tinge of MacBeth.

And a huge dollop of Peter Pan from Trump (& love Principal LODS' inclusion - Monty Python!).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2271
https://theconversation.com/trump-v-biden-a-duel-of-contrasting-masculinities-148300

Very interesting read.

Biden is paternalistic for sure.

Trump would like to be authoritarian and does his best to come across as such but his masculinity, as I mentioned previously, is built upon Peter Pan Syndrome and lashings of narcissism (tautology?).
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2272
I've feel there has been a broad media swing / softening towards Trump in recent days, I'm not sure why and I doubt it's due to anything he has actually said, Trump and Republican commentary has been fairly bland in recent days. It's like somebody has finally convinced Trump the more he opens his mouth the bigger his problems become.

So it's more likely the recent swings are in response to something Biden or another democrat has stated.

Perhaps the media want the election to be on a knife edge, like our recent hung parliament, which leaves the media with artificially inflated power.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2273
I've feel there has been a broad media swing / softening towards Trump in recent days, I'm not sure why and I doubt it's due to anything he has actually said, Trump and Republican commentary has been fairly bland in recent days. It's like somebody has finally convinced Trump the more he opens his mouth the bigger his problems become.

So it's more likely the recent swings are in response to something Biden or another democrat has stated.

Perhaps the media want the election to be on a knife edge, like our recent hung parliament, which leaves the media with artificially inflated power.
US Voters are waking up to the fact its Trump vs Harris and do they want a female Obama as the next president when Biden steps down after he has won the election..

Reply #2274
Another Obama? Yes! 😍🤗👍🙏👏

Reply #2275
US Voters are waking up to the fact its Trump vs Harris and do they want a female Obama as the next president when Biden steps down after he has won the election..

I read that there was a swing to someone called George? 🤔
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2276
George Lopez? He’s not running. Great to see Trump being dishonest to the end.