Skip to main content
Topic: 2015- Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond- Pre Game (Read 50440 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2015 AFL Season - Rnd 1 Carlton vs Richmond (April 2nd MCG)

Reply #45
I won't be holding my breath. He was flying early in the pre-season and broke down again. :(

I would like to see both he and Walker to play a couple of games in the magoo's before being considered for senior selection. There is no need to rush them back in.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #46
Ferrari F1 GP Win - Tick
Australia ODI World Cup - Tick
Rottingwood Players Test +ve for PEDs - Tick
Essenscum Players found guilty - Hopefully Tick tomorrow
Blues Wallop Tigers - ??
Come Blues, make this a near perfect week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #47
Shouldn't the Title for the thread be US vs Richmond? ???
Just getting with the club theme and all ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #48
I caught a smidgeon of Terry Wallace on SEN today.  He thinks that Richmond are underdone at the moment and reckons we should win.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #49
I caught a smidgeon of Terry Wallace on SEN today.  He thinks that Richmond are underdone at the moment and reckons we should win.

I've tipped US by 23 points, so good to hear.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #50
We should win this one, Juddy, Carazzo and Simpson will be the difference. Gibbs, Murphy, Thomas and Everitt are important contributors, I'm expecting a good game from them too. Hope one of Smith or Boethurst are Sub.
Great build up, I'm looking forward to this one.

Reply #51
Us by 5 goals after leading by close to 10 at some stage. :D
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #52
Us by 5 goals after leading by close to 10 at some stage. :D

WOW. I hope you are spot on with this tip. I figure we will win this by 10 points if we keep the foot on the gas for all 4 quarters.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #53
I've relinquished the burden of weekly stress that a tipping contest brings this season so I can safely watch on Thursday with no pressure, other than the pure fact that I am a one eyed Carlton supporter who will only be satisfied with a Carlton victory.  :P
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #54
What has concerned me about Thomas is his lack of pace - he certainly hasn't regained hi zip.  He is getting caught far too easily too; perhaps trying to do too much or perhaps not aware that he is not as quick as he was.

Of course, he would have been under instructions to play at half pace  ::)

Have a look at the Geelong game when Cackatoo makes hi run through the centre of the ground at the Carlton chasers and see who gets closest to him.

Reply #55
Have a look at the Geelong game when Cackatoo makes hi run through the centre of the ground at the Carlton chasers and see who gets closest to him.

Everitt actually, Thomas didn't make up any ground on him.  Not that that is really a criticism; Cockatoo has a bit of toe.  Armfield would have got him though.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #56
I will take another look, but I was sure Thomas comes across from Cackatoo's right and catches him just before he kicks. I remember thinking that I didn't remember him being that quick. Happy to be proven wrong though  >:D

Reply #57
I will take another look, but I was sure Thomas comes across from Cackatoo's right and catches him just before he kicks. I remember thinking that I didn't remember him being that quick. Happy to be proven wrong though  >:D

Cockatoo slowed down before taking his kick too.  I'm not sure if he was deliberately steadying, or had run out of puff.

It was a good effort by Everitt and Thomas to chase and put pressure on him.  Thomas could have left it to Everitt but joining in as he did is what a player of his standing brings to the club.  I just hope that his body is up to it.

Reply #58
AFL website. Carrazzo says Boekhorst and Clem Smith are both a chance to be in the side this week.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #59
It would be umm interesting if Blaine were not to get a run.