Skip to main content
Topic: "Blues Must 'Have A Hard Look At Themselves" - AFL.COM.AU (Read 19969 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: "Blues Must 'Have A Hard Look At Themselves" - AFL.COM.AU

Reply #45
This was supposed to happen at the end of Ratten's term but if it found that there was mismanagement then that might not have fit well with the people who just wanted to go with their gut and stay in power.

Yep I do remember that "comprehensive review" IOT. No details were ever made public of course and it was obviously a crack papering over exercise as the club's belief then was that we were only a bee's d1ck away from a flag. Surely that delusion is no longer rife within board ranks?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #46
I'm beginning to think the calf was a knee. He certainly looked well short of a run against the tiges, and no better last week.

Regardless of whether he hurt his calf (which i believe he did) his knee has been giving him issues for over 12 months now.

Gets a needle and drained regularly.

Put him out to pasture and get it right. We don't need this dragging on all year, and into next year....etc.

Reply #47
Regardless of whether he hurt his calf (which i believe he did) his knee has been giving him issues for over 12 months now.

Put him out to pasture and get it right. We don't need this dragging on all year, and into next year....etc.

And give Simmo a run as capt. Could be just the shake up we need.

Reply #48

Exactly! We're forked anyway and he's copping it from all sectors. Give the bloke a rest.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #49
And give Simmo a run as capt. Could be just the shake up we need.

Wonder how the two Vice Captains (Gibbs&Jamo) would feel about that though.  ;)
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #50
Wonder how the two Vice Captains (Gibbs&Jamo) would feel about that though.  ;)

Mate, I don't really care!  ;)

Reply #52
Exactly! We're forked anyway and he's copping it from all sectors. Give the bloke a rest.

Too right. Give him a rest so he can get back into some form later in the season to improve his trade status.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #53
Too right. Give him a rest so he can get back into some form later in the season to improve his trade status.

That wasn't what i had in mind but anyway. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #54
I was watching "On the couch" today. Heally, Brown and Dunstall each thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to consider swapping a few players for 1st round draft picks. Most of the players we would trade wouldn't have huge value, so that leaves Murphy and Gibbs. Not saying we should do it. Brown believes we have blundered up our picks up for nearly 10 years. He said we really only have a small handful of players that can return good results.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #55

Is there a precedent where a club trades their Captain for the benefit of list development? I think that would send a terrible message to both our supporters and the football public in general. By all means if he's not the best man to be skipper then we could look at another to step into the role but you don't trade your Captain.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #56
Is there a precedent where a club trades their Captain for the benefit of list development?

Unfortunately there is. The Doggies traded Griiffen didn't they?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #57
Unfortunately there is. The Doggies traded Griiffen didn't they?

Not for the benefit of list development though. He quit the club over McCartney so it was only common sense that the dogs sought appropriate compensation. If Murph was to do the same I'd have no problem, but to trade a Captain who wants to be here would be poor form.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #58
We brought MK back to play a couple of NB games at the end of the year when we were hovering around the bottom 4. Can't see Murphy getting a rest  :(

Reply #59
If we indeed change our coach then it would also be a good time to review the captaincy and leadership group.