Skip to main content
Topic: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn-Post Match (Read 49147 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 17 Carlton vs Hawthorn-Post Match

Reply #150
Pure stage management by the AFL. The Hawks are the Vic great white hope for the finals and we don't count atm.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #151
That culture will only change if we let the coach actually change it rather than focus on a couple of poor results.

Three years of poor results, results that were getting worse and worse. The club going backwards at such a rate of knots that we could've been extinct by the end of the year. Culture just getting worse and worse, a finger pointing blame laying culture that started from the coach and was eating it's way through the club. Malthouse was toxic, he set this club back years and years and here you are saying we should've let him keep going so he could continue to destroy our club. The more and more you talk the more delusional you become, unless of course you want to admit that you did indeed have your head stuck in the sand throughout his tenure.

But hey, lets not stop there. For someone who complains about focusing on a couple of poor results, you seem to be basing all this on one result only. A little hypocritical Thry, one poor result and now you're telling it like it is. The contradiction is no great surprise however, you are still burning from getting it so wrong your comments constantly reek of desperation, trying to gain back some form of credibility, yet just managing to dig yourself deeper into your hole every time.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #152
'Normally' You're talking about a different generation Thry. Kids today don't have that same drive....unless it is forced upon them by a good culture and proven veterans.

Our boys could've/should've learned a lot from someone like Juddy.
Perhaps they learned too much from someone like Fev.

Who knows. They don't learn from anyone. Time to shake it up.

These 'boys' no matter what age know they are in a performance based competition and as such they are employed by Carlton based on their performance.

It's pretty simple, perform or move on. You don't need to be Einstien to be aware of this.

Why can't a boss come out and point out that performances are below par, just like in sales.

We need players who can perform consistently with a Team first attitude, not when it suits them.

Carlton is the employer and pays these boys to perform. So if they are not performing they need to be told shape up or your position is in jeopardy.

Pretty simple really ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #153
Three years of poor results, results that were getting worse and worse. The club going backwards at such a rate of knots that we could've been extinct by the end of the year. Culture just getting worse and worse, a finger pointing blame laying culture that started from the coach and was eating it's way through the club. Malthouse was toxic, he set this club back years and years and here you are saying we should've let him keep going so he could continue to destroy our club. The more and more you talk the more delusional you become, unless of course you want to admit that you did indeed have your head stuck in the sand throughout his tenure.

But hey, lets not stop there. For someone who complains about focusing on a couple of poor results, you seem to be basing all this on one result only. A little hypocritical Thry, one poor result and now you're telling it like it is. The contradiction is no great surprise however, you are still burning from getting it so wrong your comments constantly reek of desperation, trying to gain back some form of credibility, yet just managing to dig yourself deeper into your hole every time.
Three years?

The coach was here for less than that but, he had to go and that's fine, but clearly you can't read, because he had the mandate from our footy club to do what he did, and that is what I am currently taking exception to, not some silly point about the coach.

You don't give a coach a mandate to change what he has changed and then sack him for it.

Its stupidity not being able to forecast the results accordingly and its equally asanine to try and turn this into something so petty as sticking up for the coach.  Im looking at the methodology not the individual, you are still hung up on childish crap.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #154
You mean stuff like....

Quote from: Thryleon
I reckon you and your keyboard warrior mates are proving just how wrong they were about this group and it stings.

Quote from: Thryleon
Tell us again about the premiership we would have won if Malthouse hadn't hurt our players feelings.

You're right, it is childish, hard to ignore it though.

You're just hung up on trying to prove you didn't get it horrifically wrong to the point where you're making stupid comments and then refusing to answer to them. Usually called trolling. I'll try to ignore it from now on.

Re the stuff about the board, you were right behind them continuing with Malthouse, you knew very well there was a chance he would lose his job but you supported them supporting him no problem and then lashed out at the club when they had no option left but to sack him. You refuse to acknowledge any bad that Mick has done to the club and look to blame everyone but him, because that's what you were doing when he was in charge and anything different would make you look a tad foolish (that's being kind).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #155
You mean stuff like....

You're right, it is childish, hard to ignore it though.

You're just hung up on trying to prove you didn't get it horrifically wrong to the point where you're making stupid comments and then refusing to answer to them. Usually called trolling. I'll try to ignore it from now on.

Re the stuff about the board, you were right behind them continuing with Malthouse, you knew very well there was a chance he would lose his job but you supported them supporting him no problem and then lashed out at the club when they had no option left but to sack him. You refuse to acknowledge any bad that Mick has done to the club and look to blame everyone but him, because that's what you were doing when he was in charge and anything different would make you look a tad foolish (that's being kind).

You don't give a coach a mandate to change what he has changed and then sack him for taking us backwards when it was the most likely out come, regardless of what you have to say about it.

Cause and effect Carrots.

Malthouse went not because of what he had done to our club, but rather, his prickly personality and his breaking relationship with the incumbant CEO and President.  Likely because he was alligned to the previous faction at boardroom political level as Mosquito Fleet keeps telling us, and Jeannie Pratt reinforces.

The only people looking foolish are those in charge of our footy club.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #156
Malthouse went not because of what he had done to our club, but rather, his prickly personality and his breaking relationship with the incumbant CEO and President.  Likely because he was alligned to the previous faction at boardroom political level as Mosquito Fleet keeps telling us, and Jeannie Pratt reinforces.

Bulldust. Results speak volumes, everyone knows that. If he produced results, he would still be there. Fact is, he was an epic fail. Yes blame the people behind his appointment and those who were the driving force are now gone. Unfortunately for us, it was too little too late, especially with Swann who brought this club to it's knees.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #157
Trigg obviously knew I was a bit upset after Friday's loss so he's taken the time to write to me personally. I'm sure he won't mind if I share. :D

Hello Lods,

A quick message after the Hawthorn game last Friday night. For all at Carlton, it was hard to watch. Obviously we were comprehensively beaten by a powerful side in rare form. But we want to assure our members that we don't just wipe it and accept that sort of performance as 'part and parcel' of our development process.

Emotion aside, the game clearly demonstrated where we are at, and it showed where they are at (and of course where we want to be). We recognise that and we understand that our team is currently depleted, and that there will inevitably be some bumps along the way. But we have to learn from it and importantly ensure that those results are not taken as 'the norm'.

Clubs – and in particular players – must value every single game of AFL football. Which means we've still got an important six weeks ahead of us, especially in terms of individual responses and performances.

Briefly, the search for our new senior coach continues. After an exhaustive process of scouring lists, names, references and referrals – we have undertaken a series of preliminary interviews with potential candidates. Those preliminary discussions have centred on assessing the candidates’ 'fit' with our Club and our needs. That is, their personal qualities, experiences and their capacity to be able to specifically lead and develop.

We have been asked many times about the names of potential candidates. While a couple of other clubs have revealed their hand regarding a potential candidate coming from their ranks, it's our concrete policy that we won't talk about any names – out of respect for those people and the process.

What we can say however, is that from the 150+ currently active coaches, development coaches, and indeed ex-coaches – as well as the emerging 20 or so who we have engaged in discussions – there are several who emerge as strong candidates for our Club. We will take them through as rigorous a process as we can, and later next month should be in a position to make a call on it.

Hope to see you at the footy for the North game on Saturday night – another against a top eight team. We'll be looking for a strong on-field response – and everyone's support at the game would be appreciated and obviously very helpful.

Steven Trigg

Reply #158
That is a nice letter to get, Lods. Now all we have to do is back it up on the field. That always appears to be the hard part.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #159
@Lods

I got a similar letter funnily enough. My response is "Thanks Trigger but show me, don't tell me!"
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #160
That's what she said  ;D

Interesting comments in the email as Ithink the club has been pretty open about the coaching appointment myself.

Reply #161

These 'boys' no matter what age know they are in a performance based competition and as such they are employed by Carlton based on their performance.

It's pretty simple, perform or move on. You don't need to be Einstien to be aware of this.

Why can't a boss come out and point out that performances are below par, just like in sales.

We need players who can perform consistently with a Team first attitude, not when it suits them.

Carlton is the employer and pays these boys to perform. So if they are not performing they need to be told shape up or your position is in jeopardy.

Pretty simple really ::)

We can't move on 90% of our list in one go unfortunately.

Reply #162
Trigg obviously knew I was a bit upset after Friday's loss so he's taken the time to write to me personally. I'm sure he won't mind if I share. :D

Well and good but he made no mention of our terrible list and what steps we'll be taking to improve it.
We could roll Jock McHale, Leigh Matthews and Norm Smith into one and appoint the resulting mutant senior coach for life and we still wouldn't win games with the playing personnel at our disposal.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.