Skip to main content
Topic: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage) (Read 92845 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 22 : Blues Choke Against Injectors (Anti-Losing Rage)

Reply #75
People are posting like they are surprised at the outcome?

It was predicable.   Big challenge for the lads tonight.   Everything to play for.   Kicked 9.22.   Some nice highlights.  Micky's fault.

Come on Matt.

You know I'm better than that. It was predictable for all the reasons you mentioned before. Can't rally
Blame Mick for this isolated game. Season on the line, opposition backs against the wall.
Kick 9.22. The collision at the end was so beautifully scripted in the Carlton melodrama it spewed forth from the pen of a the cheesiest Hollywood movie writer.

I think Waite forward would have helped.

It's the culmination of things leading up to this terrible loss. Malthouse couldn't make them kick straight but fk me we always have an excuse don't we.

You know, the same mistakes keep happening exactly 12 months on from last year.

We changed coaches for a reason right?

Same crap list with players doing the same mistakes......eg Robbo cant kick.....Ratten and Mathouse wont fix that ever.....Waite will do dumb things at the wrong time...that wont change either.

Reply #76
Not sure that going over to my S,C&B list will change anything but I am going to look at it again.

"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #77

It was predicable.   Big challenge for the lads tonight.   Everything to play for.   Kicked 9.22.   Some nice highlights.  Micky's fault.

Come on Matt.

You know I'm better than that. It was predictable for all the reasons you mentioned before. Can't rally
Blame Mick for this isolated game. Season on the line, opposition backs against the wall.
Kick 9.22. The collision at the end was so beautifully scripted in the Carlton melodrama it spewed forth from the pen of a the cheesiest Hollywood movie writer.

Agree on Waite...Essendon did the Carlisle switch on us 1st game and it worked....Henderson probably would have been better down back as he struggled vs their taller defense.
Truth is we are one big defender short down back...McInnes is strong enough and you have to have alternatives so you can re-arrange the team when things are not working...
Watson :D

Reply #78
If anyone can supply me with a reason why we can't win against a team that has won 1 quarter of their last 16 I'd be keen to hear it ??

Sorry mate, you won't be hearing it from me.
Geez we have some dummies swanning about in the famous dark blue
 :(

Reply #80
I thought the writing was on the wall early when some Ess flog took a mark, one umpire called play on, McInness tackled him and they paid 50. Umps also seemed to forget about holding the ball after they pinged Bell, cause I counted at least 4 that should have been paid after that

Reply #81
Carlton - you are dead to me.......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #82

Come on Matt.

Agree on Waite...Essendon did the Carlisle switch on us 1st game and it worked....Henderson probably would have been better down back as he struggled vs their taller defense.
Truth is we are one big defender short down back...McInnes is strong enough and you have to have alternatives so you can re-arrange the team when things are not working...
Watson :D

Yep...would have been handy...could have taken Daniher who was crap anyway and his long kicking out of defense would have been a bonus seeing how we couldnt clear the ball in the second quarter...
I think the club are after Luke Delaney from Nth and with good reason.....

Reply #83

Come on Matt.

I know.   I know.   As soon as we were $1.30 and certain winners I was nervous all week.   Perfect game for us to lose.   Had two chances to put the foot on the throat and we get a little happy with ourselves and let them back in.

Should have beaten Essendon by a total of 80 points this year.  Struggled to watch the last 5 mins as I knew what was going to happen.  

Make no mistake this side is top four a talent.   And bottom 2 on Character & Mental Toughness

Vince Lombardi could coach this blokes and it wouldn't matter.

Just on Vince

“Mental toughness is many things and rather difficult to explain. Its qualities are sacrifice and self-denial. Also, most importantly, it is combined with a perfectly disciplined will that refuses to give in. It’s a state of mind – you could call it character in action.”

Sigh   :-\

Reply #84
Fark you Carlton. You crape me to farking tears. I can only put up with so much crape in one lifetime. Go and get farked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shove this membership right up your farking collective a55es.
I hate you right at this very moment as much as I hate the very club that beat you tonight.
You could have made the finals and lost by a gazzilion points and I couldnt have given a ratsd tossbag but losing to this mob ...........go and get farked. I hate you. i now barrick for Richmond FFS. Suck on that you hopeless bunch of wannabees !!!!!

Simmo, you are a gem but the rest of you can go and get farked !!
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #85
Frauds, spiritless pretenders, pea-hearts, downhill skiers, simpletons, skill-less rabble, brain-sharing dummies, weak, lazy, spineless......please, stop me if I'm wrong.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #86
Fark you Carlton. You crape me to farking tears. I can only put up with so much crape in one lifetime. Go and get farked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate you right at this very moment as much as I hate the very club that beat you tonight.
You could have made the finals and lost by a gazzilion points and I couldnt have given a ratsd tossbag but losing to this mob ...........go and get farked. I hate you. i now barrick for Richmond FFS. Suck on that you hopeless bunch of wannabees !!!!!

Same time next week bigblue? :))

Reply #87

I think this post, in all it's raw language & emotion, pretty much sums up everyone Carlton supporter's thoughts right now.

If the club doesn't go into the bunker over the next fortnight and reviews everything from top to bottom and realises that we are a world away from being a professional football club, then we are going to be re-living this nightmare for many years to come.

This is not just a lack of players, it's all about the overall culture of the place. We used to be ruthless winners who always took losing as "not an option". Now, we over-rate everything we do at the club when in fact we should be opening salon for hair-gel & fingernail polish. 

Reply #88
Maybe we should just open a Butcher Shop instead, we have those sorts of people in spades already at the club.  :o

Reply #89
Soft and all the AFL know it.

The Hawks showed the AFL world how to beat Carlton up and ever since we've been consistently pushed around. Good teams do not fear us.

We are soft and have a poor culture and poor development.