Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide (Read 18723 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide

I really want to beat these thieves.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 7: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Adelaide

Reply #2
No Cripps...No midfield, as soon as  Greenwood manned up Cripps that was the end of the game.....

Reply #3
Well that was about as enjoyable as a pineapple in the rectum

Reply #4
Q1 :-[
Q2 ^-^
Q3 :-[
Q4 :-[

:'(
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #5
Sigh! And so it goes on........... :(
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #6
Fisher was great, we've found a ripper there.
Garlett much better tonight as well.
There are always positives.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7
I reckon our biggest issue is our small/medium defenders - Simpson,  mullet and o'shea - have been putrid.   They don't defend,  they don't provide any real run and their disposal is so rank and unreliable that we can't build meaningful offence from the back half when these blokes have the pill. We run forwards,  they turn it over.... Everyone out of position,  easy goal crows.

So get a clue Bolton and drop some of these repeat offenders.
Until we get these aspect of the game sorted we have no hope.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #8
I consider losing by less than 10 goals a win......and that's just plain sad.....
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #9
We pick two rucks again for what reason again. For all his hard work Phillips just doesn't give you enough around the ground or up forward. We can pick a smaller running type instead. and be alot more mobile.

Our ability to structure a side for modern footy is hopeless. We need to pick our two key backs when fit, Weitering and Marchbank, our key forward, McKay, Casboult as a forward/ruck, Kreuzer the one main ruck then pick a decent running side around that rather than a side from the land of the jolly green giants.

Why can Fraser use SOS as an inside mid in two games now and Bolton leaves him to rot on our impotent forward line. Give him a run there sometimes. It'll help his confidence like it does Levi when he gets to have a run in the ruck. Levi seems to lose alot of confidence when he's a full time forward. He's not going to be a 50 goal forward, he's a forward/ruck.

Reply #10
I reckon our biggest issue is our small/medium defenders - Simpson,  mullet and o'shea - have been putrid.   They don't defend,  they don't provide any real run and their disposal is so rank and unreliable that we can't build meaningful offence from the back half when these blokes have the pill. We run forwards,  they turn it over.... Everyone out of position,  easy goal crows.

Agree. Love Simmo, my favourite player of all time but he is done. And it wasnt just tonight, been terrible all year. Turns it over more often than not. OShea, just another VFL player who is not upto to AFL level as is Graham. Mullet is the most disappointing one, supposed to be a good kick.
Just showed Levi heading off to hospital. Another one bites the dust.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
JSOS couldn't be any less useless on ball than Kennedy or Graham.  Those two are giving nothing.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #12

Certainly a major weakness tonight Prof. Not a lot available to bring in atm unfortunately.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #13

x2... I'd also add the midfield, we just struggle if Cripps is contained and lack other mature bodies......
Kennedy is either unfit or just finding it too hard without his star GWS mates, just contributing nothing....

Reply #14
x2... I'd also add the midfield, we just struggle if Cripps is contained and lack other mature bodies......
Kennedy is either unfit or just finding it too hard without his star GWS mates, just contributing nothing....

I'm thinking unfit. Looking at the NBs SOS could play his role there right now.