Skip to main content
Topic: Funny Names (Read 5237 times) previous topic - next topic

Funny Names

I'll be different and back the club and Hammer in rather than s h i t can the poor kent before he's even walked in the door.

Yep. Agree.

As an aside, one of my closest friend's Christian name is Kent. I do have a chuckle from time to time with your posts.  ;) :))
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Re: Re: Hamish McIntosh - New Ruck Coach

Reply #1
Yep. Agree.

As an aside, one of my closest friend's Christian name is Kent. I do have a chuckle from time to time with your posts.  ;) :))

I used to know somebody called Paul Kinnell. Try repeating that quickly.  :)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
I used to know somebody called Paul Kinnell. Try repeating that quickly.  :)
I dead set had a lecturer at Uni call Mike Hunt.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3
I dead set had a lecturer at Uni call Mike Hunt.

There was a bloke by that name who was big in the fitness/gym industry in the 1960s.  I remember a girlfriend trying to get me to say his name in front of her parents (her dad was a hulking great cop) and I managed to spit out Mike ... ale Hunt ????
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #4
There was a bloke by that name who was big in the fitness/gym industry in the 1960s.  I remember a girlfriend trying to get me to say his name in front of her parents (her dad was a hulking great cop) and I managed to spit out Mike ... ale Hunt ????

:)) :)) :))

Reply #5
;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #6

:))

Reply #7
Did you know that Rod Butterss has a brother called Roland??  8)

Reply #8
Sure he's not related to Butters from Sa... Sa.. Sow...Sow...South Park?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #9
True story, I worked with a bloke once who's brother named his son Richard Edward. I said to him "youre kidding right?". He said "No Why?". I said "He named his kid Dick Ed?". He looked at my with a horrified look.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #10
I had a work colleague who claimed that he had a crazy uncle on his mother's side, you know the one every family has,  called Richard Harden.   Now he claimed that uncle Richard was in the military and soon  wanted to retire from senior ranks.  Apparently, above a certain rank one retains the rank moniker into civilian life.   Thus he intended to retire as Major Richard Harden.   I have not been able to verify this but if true, a life time went into setting this one up.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #11
I had a work colleague who claimed that he had a crazy uncle on his mother's side, you know the one every family has,  called Richard Harden.   Now he claimed that uncle Richard was in the military and soon  wanted to retire from senior ranks.  Apparently, above a certain rank one retains the rank moniker into civilian life.   Thus he intended to retire as Major Richard Harden.   I have not been able to verify this but if true, a life time went into setting this one up.
;D ;D ;D
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #12

Sheesh, pretty stiff ending up with a handle like that...  :-[ ;)

Reply #13
Sure he's not related to Butters from Sa... Sa.. Sow...Sow...South Park?

He's a figment of my imagination Prof. Rod doesn't have a brother called Roland as far as I know, but he should have done.  :)
A guy I once worked with was called Tom Bowler - this time a true story.

Reply #14
He's a figment of my imagination Prof. Rod doesn't have a brother called Roland as far as I know, but he should have done.  :)
A guy I once worked with was called Tom Bowler - this time a true story.

Mrs Baggers has a close friend Theresa Greene, yes, true. When I first met her I had lots of fun... she, not so much.