Skip to main content
Topic: Casboult's Hands The Best In The Business (Read 18819 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Casboult's Hands The Best In The Busniness

Reply #30
The big test for Levi is to back up a good game with another good game the next week.
So far in his career, he's tended to have a decent game, and then disappear for a while in subsequent games.

Reply #31
Yes, he is playing well, he needs to be consistent now and not waste his good form.

Best thing in the last few weeks has been what appears to be growing confidence in his size and strength. We are seeing him intimidate players more often, even when he can't jump at the ball from behind!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
The test will also be when Kreuzer comes back and if he can play purely as a forward and not get bogged down. If he can learn how to move around like a CHF that would be immense.

Plus he and Kreuzer alternate if either gets bogged down up forward.

Reply #33
The test will also be when Kreuzer comes back and if he can play purely as a forward and not get bogged down. If he can learn how to move around like a CHF that would be immense.

Seriously do not want to see SpecialK used as a forward, better he rucks and then floats into D50 instead of floating forward.

Some bench time coming for 206 I think if Casboult keeps his form up!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #34
No ....LP
Club does  not know what to do with MK
Warnock is not that good
Both warnock and mk will pull us down if we keep both
Casboult could be another casualty like jacobs if they dont look after him

Reply #35

I think Kreuz will be direct competition as a ruck for Warnock JC. If Levi develops as we hope and we snag another KPF or KPD then I don't see Kreuz and Warnock playing in the same team tbh.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #36
In fairness he did try and make amends by thanking Carlton for having given him his opportunity at AFL, during his retirement speech/statement. For my own selfish reasoning I regarded his attempt at redemption hollow, I'm sure I was/still suffering from a sense of rejection.

This was the first time I could remember a player leaving us by choice and it hurt badly. I hated Hamill for this as he was one of my favs and the next Carlton captain (they gave him #4 for a reason). Even though he tasted little success at the Aints, he sure as hell set himself up for the future.
Peter  McConville,Brent Crosswell both left us by choice 

Reply #37
Structure going forward is either one of MK/Warnock with Levi pinch hitting.

We have played all three before and it does not work. 

Reply #38
Malthouse has a pretty firm view of Kreuzer's role:

CARLTON supporters everywhere should have rejoiced on Thursday when they heard coach Mick Malthouse say of Matthew Kreuzer: "He is our ruckman and he will stay here, while I'm here anyway, as the principal ruckman of the organisation.''

Admittedly, this comes from this time last year but, injuries aside, I don't think anything Warnock has done will have changed Malthouse's mind.

The article is worth a read, particularly if you're interested in how Kreuzer stacks up against other ruckmen at his age:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ruck-great-simon-madden-believes-blue-matthew-kreuzer-will-blossom-over-the-next-100-games/story-fni5f5nx-1226681642570
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #39
In fairness he did try and make amends by thanking Carlton for having given him his opportunity at AFL, during his retirement speech/statement. For my own selfish reasoning I regarded his attempt at redemption hollow, I'm sure I was/still suffering from a sense of rejection.

This was the first time I could remember a player leaving us by choice and it hurt badly. I hated Hamill for this as he was one of my favs and the next Carlton captain (they gave him #4 for a reason). Even though he tasted little success at the Aints, he sure as hell set himself up for the future.

Before my time. ;)
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #40
Malthouse has a pretty firm view of Kreuzer's role:

CARLTON supporters everywhere should have rejoiced on Thursday when they heard coach Mick Malthouse say of Matthew Kreuzer: "He is our ruckman and he will stay here, while I'm here anyway, as the principal ruckman of the organisation.''

Admittedly, this comes from this time last year but, injuries aside, I don't think anything Warnock has done will have changed Malthouse's mind.

The article is worth a read, particularly if you're interested in how Kreuzer stacks up against other ruckmen at his age:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ruck-great-simon-madden-believes-blue-matthew-kreuzer-will-blossom-over-the-next-100-games/story-fni5f5nx-1226681642570

Was this before or after the he's going to have to spend time up forward comment?

Also, principal ruckman of the organisation? Too much managerese for me.

Reply #41
the bolt out of contract what if footscray make a play for him at end of season ?

Reply #42
the bolt out of contract what if footscray make a play for him at end of season ?
I am not worried ,we have been very patient with THE BOLT, time for him to give back some of the loyalty we have shown in him .In saying that come on Carlton and The BOLT get it happening  and sign please  :)    

Reply #43

Croswell was lured away by Barassi to Norp, and later followed him to Melbourne.

I liked McConville but rumors were he wasn't getting a new contract, and at the time he left you have to consider who he was up against for spots. We'd recruited Alvin in 84, Silvagni and Rhys-Jones in 85, Kernahan, Bradley and Motley in 86!

For example here is the 86 losing GF side, who does McConville displace?

Carlton
B:   37 Wayne Harmes   11 Bruce Doull   35 Peter Dean
HB:   27 Des English   6 Jon Dorotich   2 Peter Motley
C:   26 David Rhys-Jones   21 Craig Bradley   8 Wayne Blackwell
HF:   7 Wayne Johnston   4 Stephen Kernahan   23 Paul Meldrum
F:   15 Bernie Evans   9 Ken Hunter   36 Mark Maclure (c)
Foll:   44 Justin Madden   31 Tom Alvin   32 David Glascott
Int:   45 Warren McKenzie   38 Shane Robertson   
Coach:   Robert Walls
The Force Awakens!

Reply #44

Croswell was lured away by Barassi to Norp, and later followed him to Melbourne.

I liked McConville but rumors were he wasn't getting a new contract, and at the time he left you have to consider who he was up against for spots. We'd recruited Alvin in 84, Silvagni and Rhys-Jones in 85, Kernahan, Bradley and Motley in 86!

For example here is the 86 losing GF side, who does McConville displace?

Carlton
B:   37 Wayne Harmes   11 Bruce Doull   35 Peter Dean
HB:   27 Des English   6 Jon Dorotich   2 Peter Motley
C:   26 David Rhys-Jones   21 Craig Bradley   8 Wayne Blackwell
HF:   7 Wayne Johnston   4 Stephen Kernahan   23 Paul Meldrum
F:   15 Bernie Evans   9 Ken Hunter   36 Mark Maclure (c)
Foll:   44 Justin Madden   31 Tom Alvin   32 David Glascott
Int:   45 Warren McKenzie   38 Shane Robertson   
Coach:   Robert Walls

Shane Robertson.......McConville was a very good player who won us games...Robertson was a battler...

Just seeing Peter Motleys name make me sad...just a tragedy for the man and football....would have been one of our greats IMO.