Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 390752 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #2715
Wherever Trump has worked he's left a trail of destruction behind him... such is the nature of the narcissist. However, in true Machiavellian style, he sure knows how to appeal to the anger and fear in his base, and then grow it.

He has exposed, in grand style, the divisions within Republicans... then deepened them which is making his divide and conquer approach even easier. So easy to create and deepen fear and anger. Very easy. The greats of history seek to unite, not divide.

Trump will do his level best to create mayhem, even violence. Setting Yank against Yank, to appease and stroke his own ego and clinical narcissism, will delight him - he has a neurotic need to be right and adored. Biden, and democratically inclined Republicans, will have a helluva job cleaning up this mess.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2716
Following the electoral college process is a bit like the watching the national draft when your first pick is in the mid 30s 🙄

At least we can be safe in the knowledge that the miserable excuse for a human being that is the POTUS will officially become a lame duck at 0900 AEST 🙂
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2717
Following the electoral college process is a bit like the watching the national draft when your first pick is in the mid 30s 🙄

At least we can be safe in the knowledge that the miserable excuse for a human being that is the POTUS will officially become a lame duck at 0900 AEST 🙂

The problem is (hopefully not)... that may be just the trigger for the real trouble to begin. ::)
It's had the sense of a bit of a 'Clayton's unrest' since election day.

Reply #2718
You know it’s over when a Newsmax anchor utters the words President-Elect Biden. Now we’re just waiting on One America Network (OAN) and Breitbart to make it unanimous.

By the way, when white supremacists start killing people, don’t blame Trump. Sure, he told the Proud Boys to stand down and stand by, he told everyone the election was being stolen by Hugo Chavez, George Soros, the CIA and the rest, and GOP figures have asked Trump’s supporters to rise up and asked them whether they’re willing to die to stop the steal, but they’re just words. If anyone hears them and takes it too far, then that’s on them and no one else.

Reply #2719
By the way, when white supremacists start killing people, don’t blame Trump. Sure, he told the Proud Boys to stand down and stand by, he told everyone the election was being stolen by Hugo Chavez, George Soros, the CIA and the rest, and GOP figures have asked Trump’s supporters to rise up and asked them whether they’re willing to die to stop the steal, but they’re just words. If anyone hears them and takes it too far, then that’s on them and no one else.

Seems to me it aint an either/or but rather a team effort/both. They understand the language that the orange critter speaks.

Reply #2720
Seems to me it aint an either/or but rather a team effort/both. They understand the language that the orange critter speaks.
 Yes, isn't the technical term incite?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2721
I couldn’t find the ironic/sardonic/sarcastic emoji. Trump will be responsible for any crap that goes down. The FBI has identified extreme right-wing groups as being the biggest domestic terrorism threat in the US and yet Trump has done everything he can to activate them.

Reply #2722
I couldn’t find the ironic/sardonic/sarcastic emoji. Trump will be responsible for any crap that goes down. The FBI has identified extreme right-wing groups as being the biggest domestic terrorism threat in the US and yet Trump has done everything he can to activate them.
I don't understand, it's all truth, he only speaks truth!

He's the least racist, most honest and straight talking person in America! I've heard this from many sources, the Mexican that carries his golf bag, the African waiter delivering his McDonald's order, the Sth American kid making the McDonald's order, the West Indian parking his car, and the Cuban gardener, they all confirm it, they love him so much they are all willing to work for a fraction of the legal wage!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2723
I’m still p1ssed off that he didn’t take his own advice and inject himself with bleach.  At worst, he could have lost his orange tint.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2724
Oh dear, I just watched a Republican Senator from Michigan state that they'll overturn the result on January 6th 2021 when govt reconvenes.  :o  ::)

Reply #2725
Oh dear, I just watched a Republican Senator from Michigan state that they'll overturn the result on January 6th 2021 when govt reconvenes.  :o  ::)

Fat chance!  The worst they could do is delay the process and engage in a series of unedifying debates that will cast further doubt on an already stressed democratic system.

It seems that Republicans are abandoning the POTUS and are lining to acknowledge Biden as the next president.  I suspect that, by 6 Jan 2021, the Republican Senator from Michigan will have fallen into line too.

Reply #2726
From a peer reviewed article likening the POTUS’s fixation with grievances to addiction:

Firm steps are necessary to limit the damage Trump’s grievances are inflicting on this country. We all have a role to play in halting the cycle of grievance and retaliation. But in the end, he is a human being who needs help. It should be offered with the same care, compassion, and, yes, forgiveness, offered to anybody else whose life—or nation—is being torn apart by addiction.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/12/12/trump-grievance-addiction-444570?fbclid=IwAR0LVb7kQ3bOS9x0O5VY0GzVETHBXJjtWTJcZ0p_calEpycg0I1GWUhx8eY

Reply #2727
From a peer reviewed article likening the POTUS’s fixation with grievances to addiction:

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/12/12/trump-grievance-addiction-444570?fbclid=IwAR0LVb7kQ3bOS9x0O5VY0GzVETHBXJjtWTJcZ0p_calEpycg0I1GWUhx8eY

Grievance and retaliation are symptoms of a greater mental health issue - narcissism/sociopathy in the case of Trump.

Sadly, these symptoms displayed by the orange bloke are not treatable like most addictions. Waste of time. Narcissists don't respond to therapy as there is a mechanism within them that prevents self-reflection and remorse.

I do feel sorry for Trump re his illness but far more for his victims. It's sad to see such a delusional character in full flight, but, again, much sadder to see the hurt and destruction that such a personality type wreaks.

Reply #2728
Grievance and retaliation are symptoms of a greater mental health issue - narcissism/sociopathy in the case of Trump.
@Baggers

Delusional, or desperate?

Social media has a lot to answer for, the algorithms that decide what we see basically amplify outrage, by concentrating content that creates an emotional response or connection.

To avoid that happening not only must you be aware of how those algorithms work, you have to deliberate curate what you read or click on to keep a diverse feed, otherwise you are just a bitch to the algorithm's flow! ( Yes I know it's a sexist way of putting it, but it is also so appropriate! )

I can't get a consistent read on Trump, for much of the time he's a dead set Clark Kent and just runs with the rubbish claims, then occasionally if not somewhat rarely he does something quite clever. But he always returns to the baseline, Clark Kent, which reminds me of Jack Elliott. You just know, sooner or later, they'll go in the direction that best benefits them-self even if it harms the majority!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #2729
@Baggers

Delusional, or desperate?

Both... and more.

There is no way the orange bloke will accept the will of the people. The only 'will' that matters to him, is his own. He is the centre of the universe in his mind... that's the reality. Grandiosity and self-interest are other hallmarks of the narcissist/sociopath. Don't worry, he will never give up. He will continue to manipulate and subjugate the law in any way possible to get himself back in the presidential chair.