Skip to main content
Topic: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal (Read 31621 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues Brothers trip to the tribunal

Reply #105
What LEGAL grounds? None.

There is no new evidence.

It all comes down to a "i think vs he thinks" as to whether it was intentional or not. Nothing more, nothing less.

They keep changing things until they are happy it is seen 'good' in the media  ::)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #106
They keep changing things until they are happy it is seen 'good' in the media  ::)

Yes this is media driven, this is the embodiment of the conflicts of interest that exist in the broadcasters and commentators.

I'll go as far to assert that if CheatsFC had won at the weekend, and if Baguley had not sledged Lamb, this debate would not be happening.

The media are not reporting the process, they are initiating it.

Posters like to make me out as some sort of conspiracy nutter, but I'll assert that if these decisions had been handed down to any club other than Carlton there would be no issue. The proof of this is already self-evident in the absence of May from the AFL's own appeal process.

Further our position is weakened by the apologist behaviour of our media presence, with commentators like Maher basically apologising for Carlton player snot being banned.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #107
Whateley.... Leader of the Lynch mob.

Can't remember him speaking out when Selwood got off punching Thomas.   High,  intentional, low impact.   That's weeks Gerard.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #108
Kents >:(
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #109
Whateley.... Leader of the Lynch mob.

Can't remember him speaking out when Selwood got off punching Thomas.   High,  intentional, low impact.   That's weeks Gerard.

Our bigger problem is really Andy Maher and the other weak minded apologists, the others are just doing what they do naturally, favouring the teams they support and stomping on the teams they don't! As a club we have no voice!

Our club should be out in the media slamming the AFL's rudderless media driven agenda, in a hope to force an Appeals Board overreaction, which we could then quickly but at some cost have reversed in court, based on the existing precedents.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #110
If the AFL is  influenced by what people like Whately say then it is WEAK WEAK and not fit to run our game - have things
descended into mob rule?? Sure, everyone is entitled to opinions, and we all know what they are like, but the AFL should be leading not being dragged along by a feaces-stirring media.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #111
If the AFL is  influenced by what people like Whately say then it is WEAK WEAK and not fit to run our game - have things
descended into mob rule?? Sure, everyone is entitled to opinions, and we all know what they are like, but the AFL should be leading not being dragged along by a feaces-stirring media.

That is both idealistic and very naive Cookie2.

From the AFLs perspective, the media make the wealth, not the players.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #112
I thought Ed should have got a week but Zeibell getting off was worse, the AFL should be appealing that.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #113
That is both idealistic and very naive Cookie2.

Form the AFLs perspective, the media make the wealth, not the players.

;)
My post is heavy on irony.
I know very well ideals are not the AFL's bag.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #114
Our bigger problem is really Andy Maher and the other weak minded apologists, the others are just doing what they do naturally, favouring the teams they support and stomping on the teams they don't! As a club we have no voice!

Our club should be out in the media slamming the AFL's rudderless media driven agenda, in a hope to force an Appeals Board overreaction, which we could then quickly but at some cost have reversed in court, based on the existing precedents.
Don't s h i t where you eat my dad used to tell me.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #115
I thought Ed should have got a week but Zeibell getting off was worse, the AFL should be appealing that.

Too True!

But the bias is in the absence of May from the AFL Appeal, his contact was more forceful than Hawkins.

If Geelong have a grievance, it should be with the May decision not the Curnow decisions, but that is not Whatley's bent.

Personally, I thought Ed would get a week and Charlie would get off, I thought Hawkins and May should have got more than a week so Geelong and GC should be very happy!

Don't s h i t where you eat my dad used to tell me.

What if you are being beaten and starved?

If we are in the care of the AFL, why are they not defending Carlton and MRP in the face of a media barrage?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #116
What LEGAL grounds? None.

There is no new evidence.

It all comes down to a "i think vs he thinks" as to whether it was intentional or not. Nothing more, nothing less.

In other words, this appeal should fall on deaf ears.

Its ridiculous, that these two incidents have resulted in this outcome.

But, this is the world we live in.  The fact that May got off, and the Curnows are coming under fire is a bit absurd.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #117
If you say the May content was not intentional - when the bloke was looking at - and talking to forcefully - the umpire before/during making decent contact, there is no way either Curnow brother can get done.

Moreover, plenty of evidence to support the fact that the brothers weren't even aware of the contact  they made (hence lack of intent), that it was minimal at best (neither ump had an issue with the contact).

Case over.

I hope CFC is getting the lawyers ready today.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #118
This is so pathetic.

What a load or rubbish - neither contact was aggressive for screws sake!

God I wish there was some bloody commonsense involved but obviously too much to ask for.

Reply #119
If they don't want us in their crappy competition just tell us.
Don't just keep flogging us
We'll start our own comp >:(