Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 17: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 2065 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 17: Carlton vs Hawthorn

I'll be able to vote this week, as I'll see the game. Whether I want to afterwards, that is another question!? Especially after last week.

Remember:
[1] At least 3 players need to get a mention.
[2] No more than 10 votes for any one player.
[3] Give a rating of team performance. It can be anywhere from A+ to F.
[4] Votes must add up to 15.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Jim Park Voting: Rd 17: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #1
PaulP noted as he started another thread that the end of the year cannot come quickly enough. He is right. We were embarrassing again today. Just not showing the desire, the skill nor the confidence to be competitive.

Team:   F
I should write too much before my temper settles, but I can only say how disappointed I was with our game today. We had about 12 good minutes in the 3rd quarter when we put pressure on and hit targets ourselves. In the last quarter we embarrassingly bad. The skill level was dreadful. The lack of confidence in our and our team mates was deplorable. As for the turnovers …

Votes:
[3]   Marc Murphy
[3]   Paddy Cripps
[2]   Matthew Kennedy
[1.5]   Jack Silvagni
[1.5]   Jacob Weitering
[1]   Caleb Marchbank
[0.5]   Nick Graham
[0.5]   Kade Simpson
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton
[0.5]   Cameron Polson
[0.5]   Matthew Lobbe
[0.5]   Lochie O’Brien

Explanations:
[3]   Marc Murphy:   Murph was probably our best player, with 35 possessions and 6 marks. But his turnovers and 0 tackles was a negative. Still, he was consistent all day, which few others can claim.
[3]   Paddy Cripps:   After a quiet start and a bashing behind the play, Crippa showed just how good he is. His 2nd half was brilliant, with marks, tackles, goals and clearances.
[2]   Matthew Kennedy:   His best game for the club by quite a margin, ruined only be some truly faecal shots at goal. If anyone can take something out of the day, it was Kennedy with his clearances and his solidity in the middle.
[1.5]   Jack Silvagni:   Apart from the last quarter, where there was no pressure from up-field, Jack had a good day in defence. He looked like his old man, with his ability to read the ball. He did make a few mistakes with his kicking, which was a big negative: his disposal has dropped off a lot in recent times.
[1.5]   Jacob Weitering:   23 possessions and thrashing the Hawthorn tall forwards was a huge positive for Jacob. His poise and judgement was excellent. However, he was also guilty of turning the ball over and was run down from behind. He needs to work on his awareness, but it would also help if someone actually gave him some idea that he was under pressure.
[1]   Caleb Marchbank:   Marchbank has been pretty ordinary this season, but he did a lot better today and managed a lot of ball and some decent marks. His missing targets was a big negative. However, he was on the way back today.
[0.5]   Nick Graham:   Nick managed a good number of possessions and some good tackles. Not perhaps a great game, but a solid one.
[0.5]   Kade Simpson:   Simmo was patchy today, but he was great in the clinches. His opponents managed goals, but that was mostly due to guys running freely down field.
[0.5]   Sam Petrevski-Seton:   Not a 4 quarter effort, but considerably improved from some of his recent performerances. There were some good signs.
[0.5]   Cameron Polson:   Easily his best game for the club, Polson still made a few mistakes, but he showed why we recruited him. He managed to get into the right spot and ran hard. He is far too easily knocked off the ball.
[0.5]   Matthew Lobbe:   I was worried about Lobbe, as is form in the 2nd hasn’t been that good, but his game today was pretty reasonable. His tap work at the centre square was very good, as was his tackling.
[0.5]   Lochie O’Brien:   Patchy, but he also showed some good signs, especially in the 3rd quarter.

Honourable Mentions:
Matt Shaw:   His opponents got a few goals, but Shaw at least showed that he was worth playing.
Matthew Wright:   Wright’s form has been pretty poor this year, but he worked hard today and was a part of many of our scoring opportunities. His inability to chase down opponents is a problem.

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Team = D: nowhere near good enough but much better effort from many players today

[2]   Jones
[2]   Weitering
[2]   Murphy
[2]   Ed Curnow
[2]   Kade Simpson
[2]   Sam Petrevski-Seton
[1]   Cripps
[1]   Kennedy
[1]   Lobbe

Reply #3
F

7. Cripps
7. Weitering
1. Kennedy
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #4
Team E+- Very poor overall but there were some signs of endeavour
Cripps 6
Kennedy 4
Weitering 1
SPS 1
Lobbe 1
SOS 1
Polson 1

I was at the game and didn't really notice Murphs impact even though he stats were high.

Reply #5
Team: D+

5 - Murphy
4 - Cripps
3 - Curnow, E
2 - Weitering
1 - Silvagni
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
Team E

4: Cripps
3: Murphy
2: E.Curnow
2: Kennedy
2: Weitering
1: SPS
1: SOJ

HM's Lobbe, Polson, Wright and Jones

Reply #7
Team F

Cripps 7
Weitering 4
SOJ 2
Kennedy 2

Reply #8
Team F
5 Cripps
4 Kennedy
3 Murphy
2 Weitering
1 E Curnow

Reply #9
Team F

5 - Curnow E

4 - Weitering

3 - Cripps

2 - Kennedy

1 - Murphy

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
Team F:

7: Cripps
4: E. Curnow
1: Weitering
1: SOSOS
1: Lobbe
1: Murphy

Reply #11
Team D
4 Weiters
3 Crippa
2 Ed
2 Samo
1 SOJ
1 Murphy
1 Lobbe
1 Kennedy

HM Polson. Reward for effort with a ripper goal. Hope he gets heaps of belief from it.

Fair effort overall with late outs and injuries (????????)
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #12
Team. D

4. Murphy
3. E. Curnow
2. Weitering
2. Cripps
2. Kennedy
1. Silvagni
1. Lobbe
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #13
How low have we sunk when our fans rate 70 point losses a D and call it a fair effort?
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!