Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 17: Pre Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Hawthorn (Read 22879 times) previous topic - next topic

2018 Rd 17: Pre Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Hawthorn

We play Hawthorn next Sunday at Etihad. Based on what we produced last night, it will not be a pleasant time.

I doubt that Kreuzer will play, which leaves us very short of ruckmen. If Lobbe does even reasonably tomorrow, he will make his Carlton debut.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: 2018 Rd 17: Pre Game Pessimism: Carlton vs Hawthorn

Reply #1
We play Hawthorn next Sunday at Etihad. Based on what we produced last night, it will not be a pleasant time.

I doubt that Kreuzer will play, which leaves us very short of ruckmen. If Lobbe does even reasonably tomorrow, he will make his Carlton debut.

I may leave the country for a few days!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
I'll make a prediction about the VFL tomorrow and AFL next week.

Casboult will come out tomorrow and play against "The Children of the VFL" like he's a freaking Godzilla!

The MC will bubble with pride, and he'll be straight back in against the Dawks in the absence of Kreuzer who might not play again this season.

Next week Casboult will play against "The Men of the AFL" like he's suffering a heart arrhythmia, and erase what little if any trade value he has remaining!

I hope the club leaves Levi in the VFL dominating against boys, makes him look as good as possible to any potential suitor, then gets as much for him as they can in trade week! I wonder if that actually happened, would the media will pose front page questions about why Levi isn't getting a game, would they be writing backhanded accusations of tanking?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
It's time everyone with an agenda set it aside for a moment.

Even with Casboult giving us nothing we are a better side with him in it than out of it.

No ifs buts or maybes.

The same applies to Kreuzer, but he leaves us playing a man down too frequently.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4

Even with Casboult giving us nothing we are a better side with him in it than out of it.

No ifs buts or maybes.

The same applies to Kreuzer, but he leaves us playing a man down too frequently.

I've written before, reluctantly, that time might be up for Kreuzer as well. Even though it will hurt he and Levi are unlikely to take us forward. When fit Kreuzer is as good as any, when fit!

If we are too set on retaining players like that, we may as well trade Charlie and Cripps, because their careers will be wasted while we wait for the tide to turn on the careers of Kreuzer and Levi!

Carlton needs to get aggressive, or get out of the pool, we've become accustomed to swimming in other peoples sh1t!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
Pick your selves up, dust yourselves off and load up again. There is no option.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6

No ifs buts or maybes.

I've been calling for Casboult to be replaced/upgraded for a while now.
At the same time, i've also suggested given where we are and who we have available, he has to play.

There was always going to come a time where the kids were going to start pushing him out of the side. We all thought it would be some kid breaking through ala Curnowfides. Instead it comes with a bit each way That is...
McKay becoming physically ready for AFL football
and
Casboults output dropping off to basically nothing.

So basically, Casboult either plays this week as the sole ruckman, or we leave him in the 2's and let McKay get a run at it out of the casboult shadow.

Reply #7
I've been calling for Casboult to be replaced/upgraded for a while now.
At the same time, i've also suggested given where we are and who we have available, he has to play.

There was always going to come a time where the kids were going to start pushing him out of the side. We all thought it would be some kid breaking through ala Curnowfides. Instead it comes with a bit each way That is...
McKay becoming physically ready for AFL football
and
Casboults output dropping off to basically nothing.

So basically, Casboult either plays this week as the sole ruckman, or we leave him in the 2's and let McKay get a run at it out of the casboult shadow.

Reckon Lobbe might get a game this week if he does ok in the NB's......probably dont want Harry rucking.....

Reply #8
Reckon Lobbe might get a game this week if he does ok in the NB's......probably dont want Harry rucking.....

I wonder what Roos would think of Charlie rucking ?
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #9
Why is everyone focussing on Charlie rucking?
We had Cripps rucking as well.

Reply #10
Why is everyone focussing on Charlie rucking?
We had Cripps rucking as well.

Because Cripps could stuff his knee and return and be the same player...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #11
I wonder what Roos would think of Charlie rucking ?

Madness IMO....Jones was the best alternative , at least he provided a degree of mayhem in the middle......
Hickey was going to win most of the tapouts anyway, why fight it by risking your star players , better to adopt a strategy to be on the end of those hitouts.......

Reply #12
Yep, my thoughts too
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #13
Who is our midfield and stoppage coach?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Because Cripps could stuff his knee and return and be the same player...

Not all players recover from knee injuries, regardless of the type of player they are.