Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 385146 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #2580
Pfizer understands full well that Biden will represent their interests with greater decorum and greater predictability than Trump.

P.J. O'Rourke said the following in 2016, about Hillary, but it applies to all politicians IMO, except one :

"I am endorsing Hillary, and all her lies and all her empty promises," O'Rourke continued. "It's the second-worst thing that can happen to this country, but she's way behind in second place. She's wrong about absolutely everything, but she's wrong within normal parameters."

That last sentence is the clincher for me. Most politicians are standard-issue-dodgy and standard-issue-grubby. Biden, Obama, Clintonsx2, Bushx2...........but Trump is a law unto himself, completely off the charts in any category when compared to others. For every one dodgy thing you can find about Biden etc., you can find dozens about Trump. He is so far outside of "normal parameters" it's not funny.

The choke hold that he has had on political debate is suffocating. 4 years of non stop reporting on his latest tweet, gaffe, insult, sacking. Any interest in actual policy has been completely swamped by endless sh1t. I would defy anyone to name 5 policies of Trump's era without using google. We cannot focus on anything of substance while he is in office.

If you are a Trump fan, I don't see the point of trying to find dirt on Biden or anyone else. It's a mug's game, and you will be on an absolute hiding to nothing. His list of indiscretions is so far ahead of other pollies. He will undoubtedly go down as the worst president in US history, an embarrassing episode that I for one hope is never repeated.

Reply #2581
I would defy anyone to name 5 policies of Trump's era without using google. We cannot focus on anything of substance while he is in office.

That's easy Paul:
1. Make America great again.
2. Build a wall.
3. Have a trade war with China.
4. Allow Encourage bigotry to flourish.
5. Cure COVID-19 by injecting bleach.

:(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2582
Wasn't a very difficult prediction when they announce the vaccine as soon as he lost the election.
Studies are double-blind. That means Pfizer didn’t know who had taken the vaccine and who had taken the placebo. That information wasn’t unmasked until last Sunday. I know Trump has a problem with unmasking generally but at least no Russians were involved on this occasion  :D

Reply #2583
David and Mav in fine form this arvo... thank you for the belly laughs, fellas!
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #2584
Quote from: PaulP on Today at 04:28:52 PM
I would defy anyone to name 5 policies of Trump's era without using google. We cannot focus on anything of substance while he is in office.

While I’m at it:
6. Trash natural and cultural heritage protection.
7. Fire anyone who displays competence and/or basic morality.
8. Employ family members in roles far beyond their capacity.
9. Seek and follow advice from said family members rather than the content experts.
10. Buy Greenland.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #2585
Wow! The Dow is up 1700 points since Election Day. And Trump loved to say only he could drive up the sharemarkets ...

Reply #2586
The markets had priced in Democrats gaining control of both houses some time ago.   With this more unlikely, confidence that the wildly centre- right Democrats won't get anything disadvantageous to wealth through parliament,  business can proceed as normal.

Reply #2587
So, it’s a vote of confidence in Biden.

Reply #2588
More that he doesn't have unfettered access to increase taxes and other 'anti- wealth' policies

Reply #2589
Wow! The Dow is up 1700 points since Election Day. And Trump loved to say only he could drive up the sharemarkets ...

Haven't you got something better to do?

Pointing out Trumps flaws is very low hanging fruit. Its like shooting a deer in headlights.....who is also tied up.....and tranquilised....and standing under a bright neon sign saying kill me pointing at it.

Reply #2590
Relax, Dodge, I had my tongue firmly in my cheek. The most obvious reason for the rise in the Dow is the announcement by Pfizer. But this just makes a nonsense of the way Trump tried to claim the credit for every rise and disown every fall. But I’m sure he will tear out his hair (or whatever that is on his head) if the Dow keeps on rising after he exits stage left.

Reply #2591
Relax, Dodge, I had my tongue firmly in my cheek. The most obvious reason for the rise in the Dow is the announcement by Pfizer. But this just makes a nonsense of the way Trump tried to claim the credit for every rise and disown every fall. But I’m sure he will tear out his hair (or whatever that is on his head) if the Dow keeps on rising after he exits stage left.

Its just the constant trump ribbing....its beneath you, and all of us.

Lets just pretend it was all just a dream and never utter his name again.

Reply #2592
I reckon Trump owes us a bit of fun given what he put us through over the last 4 years  :D

Reply #2593
Dow and the Asx are up due to the positive vaccine news and the USA election result, not Biden winning but because the Republicans will hold sway in the Senate which will create stability rather than having the Democrats being able to force lots of changes.

Reply #2594
Its just the constant trump ribbing....its beneath you, and all of us.

Lets just pretend it was all just a dream and never utter his name again.

You may have noticed that I never refer to the POTUS by name, although I'm more than happy to name Biden, Obama, Bush (X2), Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, etc, etc