Skip to main content
Topic: Are we officially over Wayne Carey?? (Read 5021 times) previous topic - next topic

Are we officially over Wayne Carey??

Isn't this all ancient history now.  Like any such situation, it will always be conflicting versions of 'he said / she said'  Just waiting for Carey's ex Sally, to give her side of the story and we're about done!!

Apparently we forgive and forget our high profile sporting personalities very quickly. Carey has never been so media busy!

Re: Are we officially over Wayne Carey??

Reply #1
Isn't this all ancient history now.  Like any such situation, it will always be conflicting versions of 'he said / she said'  Just waiting for Carey's ex Sally, to give her side of the story and we're about done!!

Apparently we forgive and forget our high profile sporting personalities very quickly. Carey has never been so media busy!
I think Carey has worked very hard to get back in the media good books. I thought when the scandals came out that he would be unemployable for the foreseeable future. Shows how much I know.
I can understand Carey trying to make hay while the sun is shining: his rather brief exile must have been a lesson for him.

However, you are correct: we seem to forgive our sporting champs a lot.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Move on from this, these things happen and cause a lot of angst for those involved. Personally. I'm not interested in reading the soap opera script - next thing it'll be a Ch 7 mini series or even "Wayne Carey - The Musical".  ::)
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
However, you are correct: we seem to forgive our sporting champs a lot.

He banged someone's wife. While not likely to get him a tick from Disney, it's not like he was selling drugs to kids or anything.

Reply #5
Unfortunately, testosterone is a powerful hormone, one that dictates how we behave as men.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
He banged someone's wife. While not likely to get him a tick from Disney, it's not like he was selling drugs to kids or anything.

Think he might have scored once or twice but he had many attempts on goal during his time at North if you know what I mean...
Its a shame because he was a all time great player and had more influence on Norths success than Denis Pagan and he knows his stuff as a special comments man also ...but he wont be getting any absolution anytime soon ....

Reply #7
I rate Carey ahead of Ablett and Lockett as a player. Could turn a game off his own boot and was a premiership captain. Off field he was a dick and he committed the most serious of misdemeanors against a team mate in the history of team sport. He has served his time, been remorseful and admitted guilt. The latest revival of this fiasco is just revenue for the media as it serves no purpose to any party involved or the general public.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #8
I rate Carey ahead of Ablett and Lockett as a player. Could turn a game off his own boot and was a premiership captain. Off field he was a dick and he committed the most serious of misdemeanors against a team mate in the history of team sport. He has served his time, been remorseful and admitted guilt. The latest revival of this fiasco is just revenue for the media as it serves no purpose to any party involved or the general public.

Nice summary. Fair. Sensible. And, yep, the latest media revival only demonstrates the shallowness of some in the media... and the public who get off on this sort of base and petty journalism.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #9
Unfortunately, testosterone is a powerful hormone, one that dictates how we behave as men.

Or is that dick-tates? Good one, Carrots!

Have to disagree, though. Testosterone is a powerful hormone, but it is isn't a smart hormone. Hopefully how we behave as men has more to do with our hearts and brains and souls.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #10
Or is that dick-tates? Good one, Carrots!

Have to disagree, though. Testosterone is a powerful hormone, but it is isn't a smart hormone. Hopefully how we behave as men has more to do with our hearts and brains and souls.

Depends on how much testosterone you are expelling really! :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
It's a cause and effect thing...the greater the level in one area the less the  level in another.
Only a rare few of us have the perfect balance ;)  >:D