Skip to main content
Topic: ABC Wages - Revenge is Sweet (Read 4295 times) previous topic - next topic

ABC Wages - Revenge is Sweet

I notice that the News Ltd rag The Australian has allegedly made public the salaries of a number of high profile ABC people.

Is this a "tit for tat' exercise by the friends of Abbott in regards to the Indonesian story?

If nothing else it highlights this;

- If Leigh Sales is worth ~$250K and Jon Fayne ~$300K then the likes of Alan Jones, Neil Mitchell and Steve Price are way, way, way over-paid!

It seems to me that their is plenty of scope for some wage "rationalization" in the private sector!
The Force Awakens!

Re: ABC Wages - Revenge us Sweet

Reply #1
Surprised those salaries arent available to the public anyway.

As for the other radio people, commercial ventures, who cares what a private company wants to pay them.

Re: ABC Wages - Revenge us Sweet

Reply #2
Surprised those salaries arent available to the public anyway.
There was a move several years back to make them public, but the Senate decided it was untenable in turns of recruiting and retaining staff against private sector offers if the ABC had to publish individual wages. So they opted for publishing totals only int he annual report.

FWIW, this ABC wages debate has happened twice, both allegedly in the weeks following Coalition election victories. If I was paranoid I'd convince myself there has been some political interference. Maybe the politicians got together somewhere, perhaps a wedding, and had a good chat about exerting some influence?

As for the other radio people, commercial ventures, who cares what a private company wants to pay them.
Nobody I suspect, what they get is what they get. But there does seem to be some hypocrisy in the reporting. Reports are the ABC staff themselves are mostly OK with it, provided that there is a level playing field, "Quid Pro Quo". That seems far enough!

But they are not happy being lectured about their high wages by the likes of Price, Jones and Mitchell or the high wages earners at News Ltd. To me that is a reasonable stance, isn't it?
The Force Awakens!

Re: ABC Wages - Revenge is Sweet

Reply #3
In my view, what the ABC has done is borderline Treachery.

I hope they get a reduction in funding.

Outright disgrace.

Reply #4

Outright disgrace.

Thank you Andrew Bolt.

And as for your other pets, The Greens and The Australian Labor party combined with topics such as climate change, Aborigines, and asylum seekers. You have many pages of crap to spread to the red necks before you are revealed as a ridiculously biased antagonist.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #5

Outright disgrace.

Thank you Andrew Bolt.

And as for your other pets, The Greens and The Australian Labor party combined with topics such as climate change, Aborigines, and asylum seekers. You have many pages of crap to spread to the red necks before you are revealed as a ridiculously biased antagonist.

It looks as though this information was released to scuttle Abbott's boats plan.

Hasn't it come out that ABC and Fairfax could have released this information under the previous government.... but chose not to?

Andrew Bolt is a Tiger fan.

Reply #6

Outright disgrace.

Thank you Andrew Bolt.

It looks as though this information was released to scuttle Abbott's boats plan.

Hasn't it come out that ABC and Fairfax could have released this information under the previous government.... but chose not to?

Andrew Bolt is a Tiger fan.

Gee that is paranoia a plenty right there!

I think given Abbott's policy of silence there is going to more "uncovering" given that the opportunity to do so has increased manifold! Even a Muppett can understand to be "exposed" you have to have a secret to start with!

I said this once before and I will say it again before the Liberal Suit of Armour goes on my critics;

- I have no problem at all with the Coalition, but Abbott is going to wreck the joint and it seems he is doing it in record time! Irrespective of what he states or writes, by his actions his core ideology, ethics and beliefs are straight out of the sixties. He is more Luddite than worldly, and is likely to be bad for everybody!
The Force Awakens!