Skip to main content
Topic: Garlett Dropped Last Week For Disciplinary Reasons (Read 25474 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Garlett Dropped Last Week For Disciplinary Reasons

Reply #30
Apparently was supposed to attend the game the week before, was a no show and his excuse was he rocked up to the ground, couldn't find a park and went home. LOL.*

*According to Damian Barrett on TFS.

But Mick only plays favourites and only disciplines Yarran.

He wouldn't discipline someone like Garlett who is his new favourite....
Oh wait.  :-[

I've got no problem with the way Mick has ruled the roost and trying to get our rabble of a club focused on the end game. Taking no crap on and off the field sets the right example.

Reply #31
Apparently was supposed to attend the game the week before, was a no show and his excuse was he rocked up to the ground, couldn't find a park and went home. LOL.*

Stupid point you cannot escape punishment for what Garlett did.

Did Mick pay out on him in public?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #32

Stupid point you cannot escape punishment for what Garlett did.

Did Mick pay out on him in public?

No he didn’t and as for Yarran he created his own public attention.   Your argument of MM in the media is dribble at best.  Move on

MM way is far better than pretending you are everyone best mate and being to afraid to upset someone.  With that approach and our current list we would never have achieved anything..  The flaws in our list are there for all to see..

Reply #33
MM way is far better than pretending you are everyone best mate and being to afraid to upset someone.

Not that black and white. Why does not pretending to be everyone's mate mean you have to sell players out in public? You can happily do what you need to behind closed doors. The last time I checked, the Carlton Football Club was paying his paycheck. Not channel 7 and lashing out at individuals gives ch7 ratings but doesn't do all that much for our football club, from what I can see, it hurts it.

Or are we worried that if we don't get a show and dance in the media then it must mean the players are running riot at Visy park?

Reply #34
If you are referring to Yarran, as I said he created his own public attention.. And have we really become that sensitive?  Do you really think MM comment were that bad to me they weren’t? To me they were not much.

How MM acts to the general public and how he acts internally are different. I don’t see it as problem I know the Coll players didn’t see it as problem not sure about our blokes.  But I guess understanding how some would see it as a problem. 

Reply #35
If you are referring to Yarran, as I said he created his own public attention.. And have we really become that sensitive?  Do you really think MM comment were that bad to me they weren’t? To me they were not much.

How MM acts to the general public and how he acts internally are different. I don’t see it as problem I know the Coll players didn’t see it as problem not sure about our blokes.  But I guess understanding how some would see it as a problem.

If he gets results it won't matter. I guess he is a much less media savvy person than I thought he was.

I'm hoping once we get the Ratten and co payments out the way we can afford to fund the footy department a little better and results will follow.

Reply #36
Breathtakingly slack! WTF is going on there??

Wasn't there talk that he's had some issues in his private life recently? Even so, not an excuse.

Back this week though - be interesting to see how he goes.

MM... time to be ruthlessly objective. We know you like Jeffy... even played kick-to-kick pre game, but sentiment has to go.

Will Jeffy deliver under serious finals pressure...? Ditto Eddie?
This week? Hell no. Eddie just going over for his interview.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #37
It is extremely disappointing that Eddie, Jeff and Chris has all seemingly been unable to cope with MM and have crumbled in varying degrees when the blowtorch was placed on them in regards to discipline and application. This week may be the last game they play together

Do you think that says a lot more of their character than MM as a coach?
Rottingwood blokes all seemed to cope fine (by and large). Are struggling more coping with Buckley is what I am being told.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #38
No he didn’t and as for Yarran he created his own public attention.   Your argument of MM in the media is dribble at best.  Move on

It's drivel and how did Yarran create his own public attention? That is a great example of unsubstantiated drivel right there. Kudos.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #39
Different methods work with different individuals - this may give Jeffy a kick up the bum but paying out on Yaz and making him sub time and time again seemed more like trying to break his spirit than anything else - you watch some replays, particularly the North game, something definitely not right with Yaz and Eddie looking like he was trying to keep him up - we are screwed if they all leave and I guarantee that at least one of the three will become a superstar and the other two very very good.

It's up to MM to work with each player and get the best out of them, not make them look like screwwits in front of others

Reply #40
Yarran showed some poor body language after being asked to wear the sub vest.

Media pick up on it (commentators on game day noticed) and then proceed to ask about it in the press conference.

Mick responds to the question.

Thats how you can arrive at that conclusion regarding created his own public attention.

Whether or not you agree with it, is a different prospect for everyone, which is why you deem it to be unreasonable, and why others dont.  There is no right or wrong to this either, although you will point to his form afterwards as why it was the wrong approach, BUT I will point to his form afterwards as a reason why he wont achieve anything unless he learns to deal with the fact that Mick rules the roost and his actions affect more than just him.

As for different methods working for different individuals, when we are playing a team game, I have a problem with this thought process.  Sure, you need to respect the individuals desire or wishes, and this is where strong leadership from the playing group comes into play.  Mick as the senior coach, cannot afford to be seen to be playing favourites and allocating special treatment to an individual.  Be it negative or positive treatment, which is why some of his treatment can be viewed to be incorrect as he has gone too far the other way.  In any case, he needs to be perceived to be treating everyone equally.  The leadership group are the ones that need to shoulder the responsibility of keeping everyone in check and onside because they are responsible for each other and making sure they are all happy.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #41
It is extremely disappointing that Eddie, Jeff and Chris has all seemingly been unable to cope with MM and have crumbled in varying degrees when the blowtorch was placed on them in regards to discipline and application. This week may be the last game they play together

Hello? 3 players? Where do you draw the line? 4 players? 5 players? At what stage do you say 'hey, the issue may very well be the coaches methods'. I guess that will come when we havne't improved in another 2 years time. No doubt blokes like you will still be pointing their finger at the players (albeit new ones that we didn't have previously).
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
Yarran showed some poor body language after being asked to wear the sub vest.

Media pick up on it (commentators on game day noticed) and then proceed to ask about it in the press conference.

It's how he responds to the question. Remember when Murphy was getting goals kicked on him? And Mick was questioned in the media? He stuck up for him or at least deflected from the problem at hand. Same with Waite (before we lost the following game). He has taken different paths with different players. Making Yarran the sub was just taking the pi55. If he was playing equal, he would've made Murphy play a run with role the follwing week, that would be the equivalent. Yes it hurts the side but it's all about improving the player. Isn't that what Micks getting at? Or is it different for every player?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #43

It's a question from a journo. Not a royal commission. He isn't obliged to answer and he is quite happy to throw all sorts of ox tales and seagull theories around to avoid answering other questions.

It just seems like last resort and panic time stuff when you start breaking away from being in it together and not standing up for your guy to an external party.

Reply #44

Depends which side of the fence people think
Personally, and not being a huge fan of MM, I'd say the former

@Thry

I was clearly trolling...sorry.

Yep I can agree with this c4e
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset