Skip to main content
Topic: Northern Blues B & F Laurie Hill Trophy (Read 3795 times) previous topic - next topic

Northern Blues B & F Laurie Hill Trophy

Run and won for 2014. There is a bit of stuff up on BF, taken from Twitter. The Northern Blues haven't uploaded any details on the count as yet.

Winner: Tom Wilson
2nd: Paddy Cripps
Equal 3rd: Sam Cattapan and Jack Anthony

A pretty good effort from young Cripps, considering his broken leg.
Wood and Cachia were 5th and 6th, I think. Wood did well early in the season, as would be expected with him playing the end of the season for the seniors.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Northern Blues B & F Laurie Hill Trophy

Reply #1
Development Squad results:
1. Johnston 70,
2. J. Gleeson 63,
3. Posar 59,
4. Tardio 43,
5. M. Gleeson 38. This is the son of Bear Gleeson.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
Wilson is a small forward, does he have enough speed and /or tricks to be worth a rookie pick?
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #3
Wilson is a small forward, does he have enough speed and /or tricks to be worth a rookie pick?

Probably doesnt have enough tricks for a small player...has come a long way though, remember him playing basketball down at the Nunawading Vikings in the U10s and his parents telling me he wants to become a VFL footballer down the track. He was so tiny and I didnt think he would have a hope but credit to him he has beat the odds and thats a great achievement to win the B&F and you never know if he got the chance at AFL level on the rookie list he might surprise as a forward pocket goalkicker...gutsy sort of player.

Reply #4
Awesome effort from Cripps considering that he played few games... underlines the influence he has in games.

Pity more listed players don't have a similar impact at the NB's.

Well done to Wilson, I place a lot of store in B&F wins and they indicate the kind of bloke you want playing for your club.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #5

Probably doesnt have enough tricks for a small player...has come a long way though, remember him playing basketball down at the Nunawading Vikings in the U10s and his parents telling me he wants to become a VFL footballer down the track. He was so tiny and I didnt think he would have a hope but credit to him he has beat the odds and thats a great achievement to win the B&F and you never know if he got the chance at AFL level on the rookie list he might surprise as a forward pocket goalkicker...gutsy sort of player.
I tend to agree with Elwood on this one: he probably doesn't have the talent to make the grade or the athleticism, but he wouldn't die wondering. He has put his best foot forward at the Baby Blues, and more power to him.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #6
Cheers for the insight EB1 !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #7

I tend to agree with Elwood on this one: he probably doesn't have the talent to make the grade or the athleticism, but he wouldn't die wondering. He has put his best foot forward at the Baby Blues, and more power to him.

Totally agree with both the EB1 & Captain Crash...
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17