Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 5: Carlton vs Western BUlldogs (Read 27454 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 5: Carlton vs Western BUlldogs

Reply #165
Charlie is nowhere near his best.

Charlie was quiet against Richmond, got injured against PA, missed only 1 game when 2-3 were predicted (maybe back a bit sore) then had 17 possessions, 9 marks, laid 4 tackles and kicked a goal in a match where delivery to our forwards was a poor as I’ve seen.

Coaches and match committee need to work out the McGovern, McKay, Curnow forward set up ASAP so that they all become contributors ‘playing their role’ rather than worrying about getting in each other’s way. But then again, I thought that was what preseason was for.......

Reply #166
Charlie was quiet against Richmond, got injured against PA, missed only 1 game when 2-3 were predicted (maybe back a bit sore) then had 17 possessions, 9 marks, laid 4 tackles and kicked a goal in a match where delivery to our forwards was a poor as I’ve seen.

Coaches and match committee need to work out the McGovern, McKay, Curnow forward set up ASAP so that they all become contributors ‘playing their role’ rather than worrying about getting in each other’s way. But then again, I thought that was what preseason was for.......

Not bad for a bloke who is below his best!  I think that a major difference from last season is that he’s not impacting the scoreboard - perhaps because he’s spending more time up the ground.  I don’t mind that, provided his inside 50s are effective and end up in the hands of Harry and the Gov.

I suspect that all coaches would prefer more practice matches to sort out plays, running patterns and cohesion.  We probably need more than most teams with our significant list changes.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #167
Schumacher and Casboult not fronting up for the NBs.  Don’t normally take 2 emergencies into a local game. 

Reply #168
Schumacher and Casboult not fronting up for the NBs.  Don’t normally take 2 emergencies into a local game.

That suggests to me that Kreuzer hasn't come up, and Schumacher is the new emergency.

Or there are question marks over Kreuzer AND someone else.

Reply #169
You'd think Walsh would be the smart out, surely they won't make him play on through a corked hip in his 4th game? :o

Maybe Schumacher is in response to the small Dogs forward line.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #171
That suggests to me that Kreuzer hasn't come up, and Schumacher is the new emergency.

Or there are question marks over Kreuzer AND someone else.

Better yet, if you were Andrew Phillips you'd be pretty miffed at missing two games with a Corked hip and then banished to the vfl. 

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #172
Better yet, if you were Andrew Phillips you'd be pretty miffed at missing two games with a Corked hip and then banished to the vfl.

Except Phillip's direct opponents were BoG, or at least in the running for BoG, in both his games.

So cynically perhaps it was an opportunistic injury! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #173
Whisper around Vic Park. C Curnow out, knee soreness, L Casbolt in. Hence the two emergencies.... 

Reply #174
Whisper around Vic Park. C Curnow out, knee soreness, L Casbolt in. Hence the two emergencies....

Yeah, heard that earlier in the week, an excuse for his last game?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #175
In a word.... Faaaaaaaaaaark
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #176
In a word.... Faaaaaaaaaaark

Yep Levi doesnt install a lot of confidence and I was hoping they would play Charlie on a wing so he could
unclog the forward line and give us a target to kick to further up the ground.
Still think we are a good chance just on the basis we are overdue for a win but this doesnt help if its true.

Reply #177
Levi hasn't set the world on fire yet this year, but none of our forwards have. We really need them to start working together and opening up space for each other.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #178
Yeah, heard that earlier in the week, an excuse for his last game?

Brought him back too soon in the hope he'd help deliver BB his first win?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #179
I reckon we'll win this game by heaps, 10gls plus. I base this on some assumptions:

Someone at the club put BB, midfield coaching and forward line coaching in a room together and bellowed at them to sort out their cr@p and that they're not leaving the room until they're all on the same page (how can you have cohesion on the field if it aint in the coaching group!).

That as a result of BB, midfield coaching and forward line coaching 'connecting' that this will be communicated effectively (succinctly!!!) to the players, confusion eliminated giving cohesion a chance to grow.

That the playing group will be permitted more freedom/responsibility/trust and will be less encumbered by excessive instructions.

That anger at losing will be at breaking point and a ruthless determination will sweep through the players, to not only win but belt the shizen out of their opponents.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17