Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain (Read 39939 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton vs Sydney: Post match Pain

Reply #15
I'll put as much effort into this post as the players put into the second half.

Just a bunch of jks losp m dm. Mmm just wqanna makejk c ,. .dlk.76&&&&
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #16
We just have too many ordinary players with average to poor skills when under the pressure applied by top teams. Until these guys are replaced we will not get any better. IMO most of our problems are due to the very shallow depth of talent in the midfield. Aside from Gibbs, Murph, and to a lesser degree Juddy, we were smashed in that area by a clinical and ruthless Swans midfield, especially in the 3Q.

Our blokes never seem to get excited, they're rarely up for it and never look like they're enjoying themselves. They were up for it in the first half though and they countered Buddy very well. What happened?

We were ground down, chewed up and finally spat out by a far more talented and professional outfit
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #17
Our blokes never seem to get excited, they're rarely up for it and never look like they're enjoying themselves. They were up for it in the first half though and they countered Buddy very well. What happened?

They came out after half time mentally unprepared and unprimed, it's 100% down to the coach.
I'll spew if Malthouse doesn't take responsibility for it.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #18
We just have too many ordinary players with average to poor skills when under the pressure applied by top teams. Until these guys are replaced we will not get any better. IMO most of our problems are due to the very shallow depth of talent in the midfield. Aside from Gibbs, Murph, and to a lesser degree Juddy, we were smashed in that area by a clinical and ruthless Swans midfield, especially in the 3Q.

Half time happened and MM spoke to them ;)

He has had a hand in recruiting well for us but he is not the coach for us.

Agree it was interesting to see Laidler at the end and who he chatted to.

If Judd decides to go elsewhere end of year, which now would not surprise me given MMs obvious statement about wanting him to go, what would you MM fans feel about that?

Reply #19
MM came in with a great plan. Flooding. It worked the first half..

What happened after??

Reply #20
MM came in with a great plan. Flooding. It worked the first half..

What happened after??

I've seen skid marks that look like a more complete game plan than MM offered up tonight!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
I reckon that our second tier players are performing nowhere near as well as those of the Swans, Hawks, Dockers, Cats, Port and Pies.

However, it's hard to perform at your best when the coach ties one hand behind your back.  It's time to stop playing blokes out of position and to admit that the gameplan just doesn't cut it.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #22
Workrate.

Massive difference between us and them. They never give up. We do !

I cant hang Jamo and Rowe out to dry on todays performance. With the lack of pressure coming from our mids, no defence could have done much better.

I too dont think Rowe is an answer....too panicky when in possession. But defensively he contested all night and I give him credit for that

Yarran was pi55 poor tonight. Looked like he couldnt give a stuff. Didnt break into a sweat all night.

Agree Murph and Gibbs tried all night but something stands out like a beacon to me with these two. Compared to say Sydneys mids.......they barely break a tackle or manage to burst through a player. They'd prefer to duck and weave for a free kick than burst through and push forward like the Sydney boys. It's a massive chink in our armour.

Caz sooked it up big time after half time. Dont rely on free kicks...just be pleasantly surprised if you get one. Attack the ball every fkn time and you might be a player.

Walker....not his worst effort but if I was an opposition coach, I'd actually like Him to have the ball cos you know your an even chance to get it back. He doesnt hurt the opposition with the amount of ball he gets his hands on.

Judd looked like a guy who read the press this week. tried but lacked any 2nd efforts and looked sore.

Curnow busts his boiler but just doesnt have the skills at this level.

McLean, Ellard......I think their days are numbered.

Nice to see Blaine get his goal but not good enough to play 4 qrt's and have what......2 possessions? Played a blinder last week but didnt notice him at all tonite.

Touhy had a better 2nd half. That should be his minimum output each and every game.

We are just poo. A team bereft of any confidence. Skill level akin to local football standard and not enough heart to get to more contests. We are in dire straits atm.
Too little and Way too late. Pull your fingers out boys!!

Reply #23
Stoppages have 8 or 9 players from each team around the ball, MM has 6 or 7 of our players tagging.

That is an losing scenario at any level!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #24
J... yarran laughing and joking with buddy after he kicked his fifth goal.

They were saying if you lip read buddy he was giving it to our defenders and they reckon the word 'embarrassing' was used.

But instead of our defenders reacting by verbally abusinb him or god forbid maybr start a fight - instead one of them joins in his one man party by joking and laughing with the pr1ck in full camera view. Oh by the way we were over 10goals down at that stage.

Can't believe what a rabble we have become.

No mongrel whatsoever.  Why was White left to take on 2 defenders in a game of push and shove in the goalsquare? No one came to assist. Shameful.

Incredible how the umpires can spot the slightest jumper pull on Goodes when, the very next foray into our forward line, Casboult is scragged and denied a fair run at the marking contest.

Obviously we're not in the same league but I reckon our shoulders slumped after Goodes' goal (which also should never happen - shameful again).
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #25
I really question the use of Graham as sub again. We know what Ellard brings to the team and that's the reason he hasn't been getting a game. Why not make Ellard the sub and give Graham a proper crack at it. If we're trying to 'regenerate' then it's moves like this that make me think our coach has lost the plot.

@Paul P

I agree 100% surprise surprise!
Ive seen abit of Graham in the twos and ones. I personally think he is useless and was another wasted pick.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #26
@bigblue

A good summary of our predicament BB, and you are right, we are very much in deep poo ATM.

Reply #27
Incredible how the umpires can spot the slightest jumper pull on Goodes when, the very next foray into our forward line, Casboult is scragged and denied a fair run at the marking contest.

But by far the worst decision this year was I think the 3rd quarter tackle on Johnson by McVeigh, a straight out push in the back not even any attempt to do anything else. Straight in front of two umpires, and they called play on!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
I really question the use of Graham as sub again. We know what Ellard brings to the team and that's the reason he hasn't been getting a game. Why not make Ellard the sub and give Graham a proper crack at it. If we're trying to 'regenerate' then it's moves like this that make me think our coach has lost the plot.

@Paul P

I agree 100% surprise surprise!
Ive seen abit of Graham in the twos and ones. I personally think he is useless and was another wasted pick.

Agree re Graham. Won't make it IMO.

Reply #29
To all the Daisy knockers, after an 18 month foot injury it will take a year plus a preseason to get back full fitness back. No he is not earning his dollar, but few else out there are either.

It's not Daisy's fault that he is getting a game, because there were six or seven worse than him tonight.

Bell looks fat and not fit(No excuse for a bloke with a sore finger!), Walker makes bad decisions(COntinues to make bad decisions), Ellard had no impact(Can't compete against bigger bodies!), Tuohy had little impact(Confidence shot), Everitt was ordinary(Too timid and inconsistent), Warnock is just awful(I'm speechless about the weak effort of a 206cm 108kg player) and Yarran gave us nothing(Just disinterested!)!
The Force Awakens!