Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 14063 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Pandemonium!: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #180
We actually havent had a heavy schedule yet though.  From memory, I think our shortest break was 5 days (correct me if Im wrong anyone) and it only happened once.

Have a look at how people have reacted to one loss in which we rested Cottrell and SPS, to bring in Polson and Dow.

Teague's on a hiding to nothing in that equation.

Not saying your point isnt worth considering, just challenging it to make sure its one to consider.   I think we will see a few more trialled coming up too, but time will tell.

Yep, I said this in another thread, our biggest sin against Collingwood wasnt capitalising on the sustained pressure we were putting on and our time in forward half.  For some reason we seemed unwilling to have a go for goal.  Martins pulled kick to Cripps might tell a story in itself.  I thought he was in range and he decided to go short, we might have a few more soft tissue issues than we first thought, and the advise might be to go short rather than long.

I havent seen anyone try and pot one 40+ out for a few weeks.

Yes, and in the current era it's even more important to be able to kick "over the crush" from 40-50m. Sometimes you just have to take you shot rather than handballing about to find the perfect position. Have to be able to kick on the opposite foot. How many shots at goals, clearer shots, that haven't taken because the player can't kick on his opposite foot. Goals are at a premium, have to take them when they are there.

In this current climate cleans hands delivering and receiving is so important. Makes such a difference.

Reply #181

I havent seen anyone try and pot one 40+ out for a few weeks.  

Newnes did Sunday and kicked it - he is the only one. Betts, Gibbons, Martin, Cripps wouldn't make the distance. SPS def wouldn't
Pls kick straight Harry

Reply #182
Newnes did Sunday and kicked it - he is the only one. Betts, Gibbons, Martin, Cripps wouldn't make the distance. SPS def wouldn't

Martin can kick 50 comfortably.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #183
Its great that Teague has everyone playing team footy, but FFS, when we get the ball within range, just take a ping at them. We are more of a chance of kicking a goal from 40-50 than we are of trying to hit up someone closer, and having them convert.

So....why bother?

Reply #184
Martin can kick 50 comfortably.
Didn't look like it on Sunday flyboy. In fact I was thinking to myself earlier in the year he was our best kick at goal. Has something changed since his last injury perhaps? In fact I don't think he's kicked a goal since the Hawthorn game.

Reply #185
Didn't look like it on Sunday flyboy. In fact I was thinking to myself earlier in the year he was our best kick at goal. Has something changed since his last injury perhaps? In fact I don't think he's kicked a goal since the Hawthorn game.
Could be that he doesnt want to extend the hammy/calf that was troubling him
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #186
Notice Levi's form's dropped off since we started playing 2 rucks? Always has in the past. He's a forward/ruck not a forward per se. When he gets a run in the ruck he gets confidence from getting his hands on the ball. He carries that confidence then back to the forward line. As a forward, in a low scoring scrappy season with crappy delivery, it makes with very tough for all our forwards.

I felt his form fell away after the oldies took the grandkids to movieworld (or wherever it was) prior to that he was flying.
I do agree he’s not a key forward, especially when he’s number 1 or 2, however as a ruck/3rd forward he gets a lot more time and space and is very effective.
Let’s go BIG !