Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 19 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 4860 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 19 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #60
If Plowman is out he would have to be sub to cover for when McGovern goes off.
As I have said many times, I'm not a Plowman fan but he has been far from our worst and deserves his spot, sub at the very lease as cover for Gov.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #61
Thought TDK got monstered by Cats rucks and interesting to see GWS sack Flynn and bring in Pruess. Will be interested in how TDK bounces back. Should account in the centre with leap but will be interesting to see around the ground strength v the gws giant.
Anyone has a Matt Owies update?
Also think Setterfield will come in - not a huge fan but you have to reward twos stand outs games - but then Dow has struggled to break in on this basis. My guess it's defensive pressure for both these guys and they wont risk both in a must won game affair.

Pls kick straight Harry

Reply #62
Thought TDK got monstered by Cats rucks and interesting to see GWS sack Flynn and bring in Pruess. Will be interested in how TDK bounces back. Should account in the centre with leap but will be interesting to see around the ground strength v the gws giant.
Also think Setterfield will come in - not a huge fan but you have to reward twos stand outs games - but then Dow has struggled to break in on this basis. My guess it's defensive pressure for both these guys and they wont risk both in a must won game affair.

Setterfield was named in the 18 on the ground therefore will play.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #63

Last upda yr e had owies missing 2 weeks.
This is his 2nd week

Reply #64
When I looked at the starting lineup...which is probably never right anyway...but it looked about as good as we've had all year:

Saad             Weitering             Newman

Docherty       McGovern           Young

That's a pretty solid back 6 for mine and I guess one of Stocker/Plowman is on the bench as a 7th defender.

Reply #65
gws at a desperate stage ,big name players not performing ,media pressure , this game could stuff the 2022 season ,hope not

Reply #66
gws at a desperate stage ,big name players not performing ,media pressure , this game could stuff the 2022 season ,hope not

I hope not too, but...
They're missing a few...and 'managing' a few.

Connor Idun (Injured),
Jesse Hogan (Managed),
Josh Kelly (Injured),
Matt Flynn (Omitted),
Tom Green (Managed)

It may be they've put the cue in the rack...(just don't tell our players ;) )

Reply #67
When I looked at the starting lineup...which is probably never right anyway...but it looked about as good as we've had all year:

Saad             Weitering             Newman

Docherty       McGovern           Young

That's a pretty solid back 6 for mine and I guess one of Stocker/Plowman is on the bench as a 7th defender.
Except Newman, I personally have been disappointed with of late. Looks slow, messy with the footy, father time maybe?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #68
Except Newman, I personally have been disappointed with of late. Looks slow, messy with the footy, father time maybe?

I reckon that Newman's lapses are no more frequent than those committed by Docherty, Saad or Plowman.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #69
GTC....I think if you took him out and put Stocker or Plowman in there, the same points would be raised about disposal etc. Agree though, Newman hasn't quite been the same as his first season with us. If we were picking our best possible line-up, maybe all 3 of them would be missing with Zac Williams in there instead? That said, Williams isn't much of a shutdown type of defender.

Reply #70
We need a convincing win and no reason we shouldn't get one.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #71
I thought Newman was our third best player last week behind Walsh and Curnow.

Saad makes a few clangers but he takes way more risks than the other defenders to help open teams up.

2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #72
I reckon that Newman's lapses are no more frequent than those committed by Docherty, Saad or Plowman.

I disagree completely, but that's ok.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #73
Out: George Hewett (back soreness), Will Hayes (suspension), Jack Newnes and Liam Stocker (omitted)

In:  Mitch McGovern, Josh Honey, Lochie O'Brien and Will Setterfield.

Emergencies: Newnes, Stocker, Paddy Dow and Lachie Fogarty
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #74
Surprised Dow didn't get a run with Hewett out. Must surely mean his papers are stamped....he'll be seeking a trade for sure.