[ 0 ] (0%)
Washington Redskins (NFC East)
[ 0 ] (0%)
None
[ 2 ] (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Topic: The NFL thread (Read 20524 times) previous topic - next topic

The NFL thread

OK, so about time we had one of these. I know we have more than a few NFL fans on here....and i know there are quite a few packers fans....at least 1 bears fan and there are always a couple of cowboys and 49ers. So lets find out who everybody roots for. ;)

Re: The NFL thread

Reply #1
Been a Cardinals fan since I lived in Phoenix from 1997-1999, but gotta say college football is so much more fun to watch live than NFL

Reply #2
Been a Cardinals fan since I lived in Phoenix from 1997-1999, but gotta say college football is so much more fun to watch live than NFL

Never watched a college game, but i've watched Vikings at home vs Detroit and away @ seattle.
The atmosphere at Seattle is crazy. On 3rd downs i couldn't hear my wife sitting next to me (Bliss? ;)) Vikings were still loud, but not quite that loud.
I saw a stat from that year showing that Seattle and Vikings were 1 and 2 for opposition false starts and offsides.....because of the noise.

Reply #3
I've gone for Oakland Raiders.

I have to say I don't care though.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #4
Broncos for me, because I lived in Colorado for 6 months when I was 11 (over 30 yrs ago).  They were bad then, but not as bad as the Boulder College team (where we were living).  I did get to see the college win their first game for a few seasons when I was there, however.

I "follow" it in the sense of occasionally looking at fixtures and results - don't know any of the players.  Look at it more often if they are going well...

Reply #5
Philly since the Lanky Yank used to have his own footy show on Nine! Looking good too just quietly..... 8)
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #6
Now, I picked the Raiders based on the fact I had a shirt with raiders stuff on it as a kid (purchased from myer).

Still, im not sold.

How do you pick a team if you have no "love" for any part of the USA??

I am a passionate, Carlton, Olympiakos and Liverpool supporter.

Most of the teams I have followed are traditional powerhouses, are well supported, and some of the more succesful teams in their respective competitions (Liverpool only recently overtaken).

Liverpool and Olympiakos are port cities, but thats not essential (see CFC) and I have no affinity for any colours.

Which team should I choose really??

Paul Hewson

Reply #7
I reckon you sound like a Jets fan...... 8)

Reply #8
I reckon you sound like a Jets fan...... 8)

LOL too green for my liking.

I dont have an affinity to any colour, but Green is a pet hate of mine...  :D

Paul Hewson

Reply #9
pats fan for the last 10 yrs flying over in nov to watch miami game , love it.

Reply #10
Now, I picked the Raiders based on the fact I had a shirt with raiders stuff on it as a kid (purchased from myer).

Still, im not sold.

How do you pick a team if you have no "love" for any part of the USA??

I am a passionate, Carlton, Olympiakos and Liverpool supporter.

Most of the teams I have followed are traditional powerhouses, are well supported, and some of the more succesful teams in their respective competitions (Liverpool only recently overtaken).

Liverpool and Olympiakos are port cities, but thats not essential (see CFC) and I have no affinity for any colours.

Which team should I choose really??

I'm not entirely sure how i ended up being a vikings fan.

My dad was a bears fan (big rival)
My uncle was a dolphins fan.
My other uncle was a 49ers fan and bought me a few tshirts that i used to wear in primary school.

Somewhere in the 90's i used to play a lot of Madden games. I was pretty bad at them initially (well the games where pretty bad) so i used to play with a QB that could run. That happened to be Daunte Culpepper who played for the Vikings. They had one of the best WRs to ever play the game in Randy Moss as well. The more i played the game, the more i liked the team.

Obviously, i used to watch a lot of teams, but they were pretty good and pretty enjouyable to watch at the time, so that was that.

Hardcore fan now.

Choose a team that speaks to you. Be that colours, history, location, watchability or favourite player.

Reply #11
When I started following Philly, Randall Cuningham was the QB, and Reggie White and Seth Joyner dominated the defensive line. They were a great team but the ultimate prize was owned by the 49ers. They came so close in at least three Super Bowls, but I have stuck fat and this year they actually look the goods, maybe they can perform at the Big Dance....my EPL team is Leeds, say no more ??? ???

Reply #12
I chose the Green Bay Packers because they wear the Aussie green and gold!

A ridiculously uninformed choice at the time, very happy with it now that I have read up on them and followed them for 7-8 years now.

It's a shame Aaron Rogers (our QB) broke his collar bone this week and will probably miss the rest of the season.

NFL is probably now my 3rd favorite sport to follow behind AFL and cricket.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #13
I chose the Green Bay Packers because they wear the Aussie green and gold!

Great minds think alike, actually I have business associates in Green Bay who have taken me Snowmobile fishing and shooting over the years, although the only thing we shot was a fallen tree, and captured some spectacular photographs. Mostly they head out there to get away from the office and light a fire for a barbecue. Heading out into the snow covered hills is one of my best memories of the USA.

I also spent some time in Tucson, Charlotte and Atlanta, so I have some affiliation to the teams from those regions as well. Tucson is so very different from anything you find in Australia, Cactus and Tumble Weeds at my front door, it was like living in a Western if you could ignore the National Guard F16s and A10s circulating continuously. They fly circuits pretty much non-stop from pre-dawn to early evening using long range radar to scan for drug smugglers heading up the Gulf of California.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #14
Great minds think alike, actually I have business associates in Green Bay who have taken me Snowmobile fishing and shooting over the years, although the only thing we shot was a fallen tree, and captured some spectacular photographs. Mostly they head out there to get away from the office and light a fire for a barbecue. Heading out into the snow covered hills is one of my best memories of the USA.

I also spent some time in Tucson, Charlotte and Atlanta, so I have some affiliation to the teams from those regions as well. Tucson is so very different from anything you find in Australia, Cactus and Tumble Weeds at my front door, it was like living in a Western if you could ignore the National Guard F16s and A10s circulating continuously. They fly circuits pretty much non-stop from pre-dawn to early evening using long range radar to scan for drug smugglers heading up the Gulf of California.

I drove through Arizona when i was in the US for my honeymoon, loved the countryside. And by countryside, i don't mean green fields.

Incidentally, i drove North through California as well. Probably the only other place in the world that you'll find gum trees. Was weird, but beautiful.