Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 5: Carlton vs Western BUlldogs (Read 27485 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 5: Carlton vs Western BUlldogs

Reply #180
I reckon we'll win this game by heaps, 10gls plus. I base this on some assumptions:

Someone at the club put BB, midfield coaching and forward line coaching in a room together and bellowed at them to sort out their cr@p and that they're not leaving the room until they're all on the same page (how can you have cohesion on the field if it aint in the coaching group!).

That as a result of BB, midfield coaching and forward line coaching 'connecting' that this will be communicated effectively (succinctly!!!) to the players, confusion eliminated giving cohesion a chance to grow.

That the playing group will be permitted more freedom/responsibility/trust and will be less encumbered by excessive instructions.

That anger at losing will be at breaking point and a ruthless determination will sweep through the players, to not only win but belt the shizen out of their opponents.

I love the optimism bangers, but the realist in me says they wont fix cohesion issues in one week.  We'll connect better and score a few until the pressure goes up, and then we'll revert to the long bomb.

We have one saving grace.  Levi likes playing against the doggies.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #181

Levi looks broken in 2019, of all the criticisms I have about his play I've never seen him look like he is disinterested, but he looks disinterested this season. Perhaps Levi sees the writing on the wall, a smart coaching panel would take the pressure off him by setting him loose to play freely!

On SoJ he has a long way to go learning the inside mid game, it's still early days, but how he fairs against the fast moving fast ball moving Dogs will be a massive tell! Setterfield being injured has almost brought this to a head prematurely, it feels like a line in the sand moment for SoJ. That's Pre-Game Pressure right there!

Finally, on BB. Our selection week in and week out looks formulaic. It's pretty ordinary like we have one plan and we are going to repeat it until someone is proven right. The reason I say this is that our MC looks bound by like for like selection changes, that suggests we have no Plan B!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #182
Late change confirmed.   Charlie curnow out Levi in.

Draw your own conclusions.

Paul Hewson

Reply #183
Late change confirmed.   Charlie curnow out Levi in.

Draw your own conclusions.

There we go like for like, that's my conclusion and it's fairly damning especially since they had four days to get sorted on a innovative plan!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #184
Whisper around Vic Park. C Curnow out, knee soreness, L Casbolt in. Hence the two emergencies....

So we rushed him back when he wasn't ready.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #185
There we go like for like, that's my conclusion and it's fairly damning especially since they had four days to get sorted on a innovative plan!

I was talking more about Charlie copping a 3 week injury, missing one week, playing at gold coast, only to miss another week.

Imho casboult was always going to play going with kreuzer in the ruck after a managed vfl game.

The clubs usual injury shenanigans continue.

Paul Hewson

Reply #186
I was talking more about Charlie copping a 3 week injury, missing one week, playing at gold coast, only to miss another week.

Imho casboult was always going to play going with kreuzer in the ruck after a managed vfl game.

The clubs usual injury shenanigans continue.

That's obvious, but it's not relevant to my post which is discussing a different issue altogether.

We'll select an out of form player to fill a predetermined formulaic game plan rather than pick someone who is in form to try something different! What's the bet we see McKay rucking at some stage today?

I've even heard some spin coming from somewhere that Levi's s best games come against the Dogs, except in his top rated 30 games there isn't one against the Dogs, and he hasn't played that many good games worth counting down to number 31!

FFS, if our club is that predictable to us, how is it supposed to get the better of a professional opponent?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #187
Curnow officially out. Casboult in.  Thought Jack Russell would put his foot down with this bringing players back early crap.

Reply #188
Curnow officially out. Casboult in.  Thought Jack Russell would put his foot down with this bringing players back early crap.
The way Charlie has been playing, not going to make one iota of difference. Should come through the reserves when ready, rid his belly of the bathwater he has been drinking.
Bevos Boofheadds by 3-5 goal.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #189
So we rushed him back when he wasn't ready.

That's my take on it, too.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #190

Supposedly had a knock during training. If you believe thst

Reply #191
I love the optimism bangers, but the realist in me says they wont fix cohesion issues in one week.  We'll connect better and score a few until the pressure goes up, and then we'll revert to the long bomb.

They've had a lot longer than a week to work on cohesion, 3 Leos old son.  :(

Reply #192
Supposedly had a knock during training. If you believe thst

We have an excellent BS machine at PP, the envy of many organisations.

Reply #194
They've had a lot longer than a week to work on cohesion, 3 Leos old son.  :(

It really shouldn’t be hard for a reasonably smart player to figure out