Skip to main content
Topic: Chuck Berry dead (Read 2423 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Chuck Berry dead

Reply #1
Very sad, a rock 'n roll hero from my youth. Sill he had a very long life esp. for someone in that business. RIP.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #2
Sad news but a decent innings from Chuck  :(

One of the most influential musicians even if he didn't enjoy the commercial success with his records that others did with covers.

Apparently he once hit Keith Richards in the head with his guitar  :o

RIP Chuck
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
Sad news but a decent innings from Chuck  :(

One of the most influential musicians even if he didn't enjoy the commercial success with his records that others did with covers.

Apparently he once hit Keith Richards in the head with his guitar :o

RIP Chuck

KR probably deserved it.  :))

Actually, I saw a film a couple of years ago about the Muscle Shoals recording studios and there was one section about the Rolling Stones recording there, with other musos such as Duane Allman. What a pack of d1cks the Stones were!
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
My Ding a Ling.   Would have been high on every 15 yo boys Walkman or IPhone if they were around in the day. Instead we just played it very quietly in our bedrooms!!

Reply #5
My Ding a Ling.   Would have been high on every 15 yo boys Walkman or IPhone if they were around in the day. Instead we just played it very quietly in our bedrooms!!

Apparently his highest selling record  :o

Quite strange when you think of classics like Johnny B Goode, Maybellene, No Particular Place to Go, Nadine, Memphis and so many more.  I understand the Voyager space craft is carrying a recording of Chuck singing Johnny B Goode.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball