Skip to main content
Topic: Article - better ball use CFC (Read 5355 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Article - better ball use CFC

Reply #1
Told you guys.

Our biggest issue was execution.

Not game plan, not talent or lack thereof, but execution.  That is something that although a coach can help a player fix, its something that the player himself must learn to fix.  Same with confidence or the ability to just arrive every week and play footy.

‘‘We have just hit the free target. At other times we might have blazed away. Teams these days get numbers behind the ball, so you have got to use that spare player pretty well and, if you don’t, you just play into their hands,’’ Warnock said on Monday. ‘‘Yeah, it’s a bit of composure.’’

Since round six, when the Blues stormed home against West Coast, they appear to be taking on the game more. Their contested possession rate has dipped from 41.5 per cent through the opening five rounds to 35.6, while their uncontested possession differential has gone from minus 33.4 to plus 23.3.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/better-ball-use-turns-the-blues-into-winners-20140526-zrofh.html#ixzz32sT0U6z0

Is Mick the man?  I don't know. 

To be honest, I think we are as a football club a poisoned chalice and are unlikely to do much better under many.  The one thing that I can see is that although many thought Ratten was a problem, he at least got 5 years.  I would be happy to give each coach 5 years to work with the list in the way they know how.  At least they will fail under their own steam rather than turfing them at the first sign of trouble.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
Mick has history tweaking the gameplan after 5 Rounds.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #5
Given we were ranked last we only had one way to go!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
Mick has history tweaking the gameplan after 5 Rounds.

"Kick it to a bloke in a Carlton jumper" has been a good move.

Reply #8
Given we were ranked last we only had one way to go!

Spot on LP, although from last to first in a short space is rather impressive.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain