43 - White
[ 2 ] (2.6%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 1 ] (1.3%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: June 06, 2014, 07:22:44 pm

Topic: R11 - BEST on ground vs Lions (Read 13954 times) previous topic - next topic

R11 - BEST on ground vs Lions

Who is worthy of recognition this week?

Re: R10 - BEST on ground vs Lions

Reply #1
Clear cut IMO...Murphy, Everitt and Docherty...credit to the skipper he has had a great last 4-5 games and is now sticking up from himself and others.
I was critical of him but he has lifted and is playing like a captain and champion player....

Reply #2
Clear cut IMO...Murphy, Everitt and Docherty...credit to the skipper he has had a great last 4-5 games and is now sticking up from himself and others.
I was critical of him but he has lifted and is playing like a captain and champion player....

Yep.
Can't think of anyone else besides maybe Simmo.

Reply #3

Yep.
Can't think of anyone else besides maybe Simmo.

Yep, i voted Simmo, with Muroh and Doc.

Everitt was close, also thought Yarran was top notch, but his little punch at the end pushed him out.

Reply #4
Murphy easily then Docherty and Yarran, Simpson and Everitt both good as well.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #5
Murphy, Simmo and Doc. Everitt was also good again and bad luck for Yarran he was not paid the match saving mark when Brown grabbed his legs.
They threw us out in 2000 until the rat led us back. Then we killed the rat and got an old pie.

Reply #6
Just looking at Murphy's stats, 36 touches 7 tackles, I really don't know what more a captain needs to do to lift his team. Thing is I could have sworn people had him in their worst? How is that possible?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #7
Just looking at Murphy's stats, 36 touches 7 tackles, I really don't know what more a captain needs to do to lift his team. Thing is I could have sworn people had him in their worst? How is that possible?

People have an agenda.

Just like those who pick Casboult in the best every week.

Reply #8
Murphy and Docherty, then after that no one else stands out to me.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #9

People have an agenda.

Or ignore his improvement.

It's an easy game to play and so many people play it.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #10

People have an agenda.

I have been a strong critic of Casboult, but am well aware that he is improving.

The problem is, he is not improving in the one area required of him, kicking.

He has improved his tank.
He has improved his ruckwork.
He has improved his chasing/tackling.
He has improved his marking.
He has improved his consistency.

He is still the worst kick in the AFL, daylight is second.

He is a FF who can't kick goals. How much use is that?

Reply #11

People went on for years about Hampson's improvement and potential, when I ventured the opinion that he was no good and never would be I was accused of hating him and having an agenda.
Casboult is way too limited to ever make the grade in my opinion, that he's the best we've got is one of the reasons we are where we are.
He's got a turning circle like a Mack truck, he's no good below his knees, he's slow and makes poor decisions and his kicking and general skills are abysmal, but he can mark so in that respect he's ahead of Hampson I guess.
If he played for another club Carlton supporters would be calling him a spud, the same goes for a few others.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #12
Casboult is not that bad, as kruddler said, his kicking is the issue. Big men take time he has more improvement in him for sure. I have no doubt whatsoever he would find another club if we ditched him. The Cats are screaming out for another tall forward, he'd slot right in.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13
We forget Casboult Is a rookie.  Some national draftees take longer to come on, a rookie is usually more limited than most.  We won't see the best of Levi for another 12 - 24 months.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #14
Casboult is not that bad, as kruddler said, his kicking is the issue. Big men take time he has more improvement in him for sure. I have no doubt whatsoever he would find another club if we ditched him. The Cats are screaming out for another tall forward, he'd slot right in.

The line about big blokes taking time is just an excuse, wishful thinking.
Kreuzer played 20 games in his first season, Cox played 17, Riewoldt was a gun from day one, Brown played CHF in a Premiership side at 20 after playing 13 games in his first season, Carey was Captain of North when he was 20, Hawkins almost single handedly won a Grand Final at 23, Casboult is 24 now, averages under 10 touches a game and butchers almost half of them.
You're kidding yourself if you reckon he'd get a game at Geelong PI2C.