43 - White
[ 2 ] (2.6%)
44 - Carrazzo
[ 1 ] (1.3%)
46 - Ellard (subbed off)
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: June 06, 2014, 07:22:44 pm

Topic: R11 - BEST on ground vs Lions (Read 14031 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R10 - BEST on ground vs Lions

Reply #15
We forget Casboult Is a rookie.  Some national draftees take longer to come on, a rookie is usually more limited than most.  We won't see the best of Levi for another 12 - 24 months.

So was Dean Cox.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #16
Aaron Black, Sam Reid, Lachie Henderson and various others say that more take longer than come on instantly.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #17
Just looking at Murphy's stats, 36 touches 7 tackles, I really don't know what more a captain needs to do to lift his team. Thing is I could have sworn people had him in their worst? How is that possible?

People have an agenda.

Just like those who pick Casboult in the best every week.

Or ignore his improvement.

It's an easy game to play and so many people play it.

I have been a strong critic of Casboult, but am well aware that he is improving.

The problem is, he is not improving in the one area required of him, kicking.

He has improved his tank.
He has improved his ruckwork.
He has improved his chasing/tackling.
He has improved his marking.
He has improved his consistency.

He is still the worst kick in the AFL, daylight is second.

He is a FF who can't kick goals. How much use is that?

I reckon even someone with your blinkers would see how far up the ground he's playing and the role he's playing.

His kicking has improved.

I don't know if he's a long term prospect but Dermie is a fan of his play and, as much as he sh1ts me, Dermie is a very good judge of forwards.

I'll give MM some credit here, he's given Casboult (ergo us) some currency.

If we got 27 for Hampson we may even get better for Casboult.

Casboult is easily a better player than Hampson.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #18
Aaron Black, Sam Reid, Lachie Henderson and various others say that more take longer than come on instantly.

All players get better with experience regardless of size.
It's wishful thinking Thry, like a lot of Carlton supporters with Hampson for 7 years.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #19

That's setting the bar low Cimm.  ;)

Reply #20

That's setting the bar low Cimm.  ;)

But that's the reality.

I reckon Freo are a monty to make an offer and they may have some things we need.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #21
Docherty was pretty damned good.

Reply #22
Murphy, Docherty and White for me.

Murphy;   Not sure what else Murphy can do to win over fans, possessions, clearances, tackles and selfless play. It is not his fault he kicked to 200cm blokes who couldn't mark against medium defenders. After West left the ground we had clear height advantage all over the ground and failed to capitalise.

Docherty;   One of a handful who played 4 quarters of football, never stopped trying, first class repeat efforts and efficient ball use.

White;   Probably his best game for the club, was one of only a couple to stand tall in the first quarter and a bit and kept up that intensity for 4 quarters.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #23
Casboult is not that bad, as kruddler said, his kicking is the issue. Big men take time he has more improvement in him for sure. I have no doubt whatsoever he would find another club if we ditched him. The Cats are screaming out for another tall forward, he'd slot right in.

The line about big blokes taking time is just an excuse, wishful thinking.
Kreuzer played 20 games in his first season, Cox played 17, Riewoldt was a gun from day one, Brown played CHF in a Premiership side at 20 after playing 13 games in his first season, Carey was Captain of North when he was 20, Hawkins almost single handedly won a Grand Final at 23, Casboult is 24 now, averages under 10 touches a game and butchers almost half of them.

Funny that you've selected superstars of the game lmao. For everyone one of them I reckon there'd be two that take their time.

You're kidding yourself if you reckon he'd get a game at Geelong PI2C.

Would slot straight in up forward.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #24
Just bizarre this forum, I had been keel-hauled for bagging Casboult when he played spud games but last night he did OK yet doesn't get a vote to this moment.

It's like nuffas must be watching the forum ready to defend their hero, but if he doesn't get bagged they don't vote!

Last night we did far better in the stoppages and clearances when Casboult rucked than when Warnock was in there. Casboult has some size and presence when the ball hits the deck, versus Warnock who holds his deck! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #27
Menzel is gold too but he floats in and out of games.

He is just a kid he can play that card, while several others that forum voters seem to forgive cannot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Menzel is gold too but he floats in and out of games.

He is just a kid he can play that card, while several others that forum voters seem to forgive cannot!

He'll build his tank up but I don't think he will have a massive tank like walker.

It's good he has a player like Daisy around to teach the ways.

Reply #29
He'll build his tank up but I don't think he will have a massive tank like walker.

It's good he has a player like Daisy around to teach the ways.

It will be two or three pre-seasons before that question can be answered.

Some players get drafted because they are elite runners, they have a tank from day one but often that is all they have.

Other blokes get drafted because they are elite footballers, and their fitness builds as they get into their career. Menzel is in this second category.  ;)
The Force Awakens!