Skip to main content
Topic: Blues v GWS - Round 14 - Pre Game thread (Read 26907 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Blues v GWS - Round 14 - Pre Game thread

Reply #15
Thought Rowe was superb v Roughead and the Hawks.

Roughead kicked 3.3 and had 14 or 15 touches, if it had been 5.1 we'd be singing a different tune.
I thought Rowe went OK but superb is not a word I would have used.

It is for me. He beat Roughy one on one many times. Roughead also got touches in the midfield.

Re: Blues v GWS - Round 14 - Pre Game thre

Reply #16
*post deleted*

Reply #17
Rowe had a very good game. Roughy is one of the best in the game .... My first player picked in the league. I thought he was generally under pressure from Rowe and he did not want to wrest with him by the end of the night.

Reply #18

Roughead kicked 3.3 and had 14 or 15 touches, if it had been 5.1 we'd be singing a different tune.

It is for me. He beat Roughy one on one many times. Roughead also got touches in the midfield.

Would have to agree, and wanted to mention myself about the touches when Roughy was playing in the midfield. Nobody is saying (much as MM did in his presser) that Rowe is a champion defender, but given the difference in class between him and Roughy, I thought he gave a very good account of himself. If he can play like that every week (and perhaps continue to improve), I would have no issue with him in the back 6.

Reply #19

Would have to agree, and wanted to mention myself about the touches when Roughy was playing in the midfield. Nobody is saying (much as MM did in his presser) that Rowe is a champion defender, but given the difference in class between him and Roughy, I thought he gave a very good account of himself. If he can play like that every week (and perhaps continue to improve), I would have no issue with him in the back 6.

He seems to be improving with each game, and growing in confidence.  I loved his hit on Lewis and he may shake up one or two of the Suns.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #20

He seems to be improving with each game, and growing in confidence.  I loved his hit on Lewis and he may shake up one or two of the Suns.

**Giants
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #21

I thought he went OK as well, I took issue with Pratty saying he was superb because overall I thought he either broke even or Roughead had slightly the better of him, which is no disgrace.
Don't forget that Hawkins made him look like a suburban footballer the week before.
He's not a total spud, but he's a long way short of top class.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #22

I thought he went OK as well, I took issue with Pratty saying he was superb because overall I thought he either broke even or Roughead had slightly the better of him, which is no disgrace.
Don't forget that Hawkins made him look like a suburban footballer the week before.
He's not a total spud, but he's a long way short of top class.

Roughy beat up Eric McKenzie so bad the week before he had to be moved in the first quarter.

McKenzie is considered as good as any KPD going around at the moment.

That Rowe got caught out a few times the week before makes his efforts against Roughy even more meritorious.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #23

**Giants

You knew what I meant  ::)  Suns, Giants . . . they're all the same to me!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #24

That Rowe got caught out a few times the week before makes his efforts against Roughy even more meritorious.

I'm not bagging him, I don't know why everyone is getting so defensive.
Sam Rowe is an honest trier and I like that in players, even after Hawkins towelled him up he didn't drop his head and kept having a crack, but let's be brutally honest.
Roughead still kicked 3.3 and had 14 or 15 touches, which is a good game from a key forward, Sam went OK on him but anyone who thinks he beat him is deluded.
Watson on the other hand made a couple of clangers early then went completely to pieces, he just hasn't got what it takes.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #25
I thought he beat him but I also wondered what his game would have looked like if Rowe didn't come out on top  :o

Reply #26
From memory Roughy scored at least one of the goals late in the game in junk time and didn't look like getting on top of Rowe until the game was well and truly  over.. when the game was hot in the second and third quarters I thought Rowe more than matched him, which is really saying something considering the delivery Roughy got and the form he was currently in (eight last week).   I don't see how anybody could be less than happy with Rowe's effort.... it wasn't like he had a lot of help.. in fact he got ZERO, which makes his work even more laudable.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27

**Giants

Just being pedantic :P
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #28

**Giants

Just being pedantic :P

I thought that was my job  ;)

Reply #29
From memory Roughy scored at least one of the goals late in the game in junk time and didn't look like getting on top of Rowe until the game was well and truly  over.. when the game was hot in the second and third quarters I thought Rowe more than matched him, which is really saying something considering the delivery Roughy got and the form he was currently in (eight last week).   I don't see how anybody could be less than happy with Rowe's effort.... it wasn't like he had a lot of help.. in fact he got ZERO, which makes his work even more laudable.

...........an he won at least two battles of strength with Roughie, which is no easy task. Obviously Hawk is stronger but it would not surprise me if, having got pushed around by Hawkins the week before, he spent the week practicing that particular part of the game.

I wonder who worked with him?
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................