Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14 - Giants defeat Blues - after match summary (Read 39219 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 14 - Giants defeat Blues - after match summary

Well, that was sad.

Whatever issues our list may have, however good or crap they are, I'm just not sold on Malthouse.

Re: Round 14 - Giants defeat Blues - after match summary

Reply #1
The wooden spoon is a real prospect now

I trust that those Directors on the Board that have been at the Club since 2005-2011 should reconsider their positions and follow Kernahan and Swan out the door...

Carlton vs GWS: Post Game Patter

Reply #2
We did it again: an 'honourable loss', but a loss all the same against a team we should be pounding. Even Richmond pounded them.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
Pea hearts
Pea brains
3rd loss of the year against  a bottom side.
Knew when I saw Levi and Rowe going down media street this week that they d gotten ahead of themselves.
We re on equal part with St Kilda as the worst team in the League I reckon.

Reply #4
I said it would be tough.....GWS strong in the midfield and with some bigs up forward we were always going to struggle to win once Mumford held sway in the ruck.
Our skills were not as clean as theirs and some of our older players stuggled with their youthfull runners.
With Gold Coast and GWS now finding their feet I see a premeirship as a long way off unless Mick pulls some recruiting miracles...
Jaksch is one player I would pursue....Tomlinson another....

Reply #5
Lads, I ve been steadfast in my support of MM this year, but now......

Reply #6
Played with no intensity. Got smashed around the contest by a bunch of kids. This team is capable of playing good footy, but the gap btw our best and worst continues to be a cancer on the club. Too many players looked disinterested today. Find the guys who want to give their all for the jumper EVERY WEEK! And weed out the rest.
Eat more chooks

Reply #7
Waite and Carrots are two more retirees come seasons end I reckon.

Reply #8

Malthouse and Wiley should join them!

Glad to see we made the right choice keeping Warnock, if we hadn't we would never have known how good Mumford is and GWS would not have got their first ever double, first ever double, first ever double!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9

Malthouse and Wiley should join them!

Glad to see we made the right choice keeping Warnock, if we hadn't we would never have known how good Mumford is!

From what the ne Prez has said in his interviews this week, looks like we ll be stuck with MM for a few years yet.

Reply #10
From what the ne Prez has said in his interviews this week, looks like we ll be stuck with MM for a few years yet.

Something told me the wind has just changed direction, it was the scoreboard!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #11
Another loss to a bottom 4 side. Drums should be beating

Reply #12
Well, that was sad.

Whatever issues our list may have, however good or crap they are, I'm just not sold on Malthouse.

That performance was putrid.

I only saw the second half but I didn't see any part of the game where we looked like a competent football team.

How is that possible.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #13
I said it would be tough.....GWS strong in the midfield and with some bigs up forward we were always going to struggle to win once Mumford held sway in the ruck.
Our skills were not as clean as theirs and some of our older players stuggled with their youthfull runners.
With Gold Coast and GWS now finding their feet I see a premeirship as a long way off unless Mick pulls some recruiting miracles...
Jaksch is one player I would pursue....Tomlinson another....

Yup. I raised Jaksch's name many months ago.

Jesus. I do not blame MM for this. Players either have heart or they don't. Two things became clear. The old guard need to leave/traded/retire to allow MM and the young ones to set a new culture.  If Judd stays another year after that effort from his team mates I would be amazed. They should not offer him a new contract and focus on life without him. Blood letting in the off season. Cannot wait to read Sheik's revised sacked and cracked.
Keep the Faith

Reply #14
lacklustre
ˈlaklʌstə/
adjective
adjective: lacklustre; adjective: lackluster; adjective: lack-lustre; adjective: lack-luster

lacking in vitality, force, or conviction; uninspired or uninspiring.
    "no excuses were made for the team's lacklustre performance"
    synonyms:   uninspired, uninspiring, unimaginative, dull, humdrum, colourless, characterless, bland, insipid, vapid, flat, dry, lifeless, listless, tame, tired, prosaic, mundane, run-of-the-mill, commonplace, spiritless, lustreless, apathetic, torpid, unanimated