Skip to main content
Topic: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread (Read 46512 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 15 - Blues Vs Pies. Pre - Game Thread

Reply #135
I'll be there too tonight, hoping that my blind faith in the boys pays off.

I am yet to actually watch the boys win a game this season, so I hope that my first trip down to watch them live this season is a good one.

I'll tip us by 13pts. I hope my man Touhy has a ripper game and Troy 'the freak' Menzel kicks a bag! *sigh* One can only hope.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Reply #136
I hope my man Touhy has a ripper game

I'm a fan of Zach as well, skilled, passionate, strong and as tough as an army biscuit.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #137
Watching c7 footy flashbacks carlton v pies 79 and 81 gfs
Superb blues lineup at all positions.harmes sheldon ashman johnston buckley maclure klomp fitzpatrick hunter perovic buzasto english .....all bloody good footballers....god i miss those days...

Reply #138
Watching c7 footy flashbacks carlton v pies 79 and 81 gfs
Superb blues lineup at all positions.harmes sheldon ashman johnston buckley maclure klomp fitzpatrick hunter perovic buzasto english .....all bloody good footballers....god i miss those days...

Probably had to look up those names.

8)
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #139
Our main problem is it does not matter who we play that with our track record every other side believes they can beat us.Unlike when they play other teams ,has there been worse teams running around than the saints ,lions,demons,gws over the last couple of years .But I bet if you spoke to anyone of hose sides they would tell u put enough pressure on stay in the contest long enough and you can beat us.Most of our wins have come from the other teams getting in front taking the pedal of the metal and we have came back to sneak in for a win.And it does not seek to matter how far we get in front we are never home.Its in the players heads and until the culture is changed our team will not go anywhere.Like us I think he players think that no matter how far in front they are they can still loose,when was the last time we out a side to the sword and went on to grind them into the dust.Of our current list there is probably only 4 or 5 that would be walk up starters in any other team ,Gibbs Murph ,Judd[maybe]Menzal for potential Yarran and Simo,so we are a long long way of the pace.We may have our good moments and maybe tonight will be one of them but we need to get our heads right before success and consistency will come our way.But like all of you I won't stop barracking and living in hope the good times are just around the corner.
Like it or not it's my opinion .

Reply #140
Like it or not it's my opinion .

I don't think you'll get many arguments Slugger.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #141
Our main problem is it does not matter who we play that with our track record every other side believes they can beat us.

I heard an interview with Sam Mitchell last week where he said that Hawthorn believes it will win each week.  I bet our boys don't have that confidence when they run out, no matter who the opponent may be.

The coach needs to do whatever it takes to instill confidence or self-belief into the group.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #142
With all this rain, looking like a good decision to drop Waite now.

Reply #143
If anyone is watching the demons v dogs game, it would be great if our guys put in the same endeavour tonight and I will be happy. Even better if we win though lol

Reply #144
Surprise, surprise, White out, Armfield in, Jonno sub

Reply #145
FFS any chance of us giving a first gamer four quarters? What is the fking point just let the kid play and make Army the sub.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #146
Banner reads: Carlton. Supporters of a backdated league competition.  #22flags

Here's hoping the club proper eventually sheds its tendency of living in the past.

Reply #147
FFS any chance of us giving a first gamer four quarters? What is the fking point just let the kid play and make Army the sub.

Agree....need to give the kid a full game and dont do the dumb thing and drop him next week....nothing I hate more than a newbie just getting the one game then being flicked back to the twos
the following week...

Reply #148
Watching port v adel and Eddie is running a muck.

The crowd is chanting Eddie Eddie Eddie.

My daughter goes I miss him he was ours. Then she looked at me and said we don't have anyone exciting anymore- years ago we lost to teams we shouldn't but we played exciting footy and could beat the best teams. What happened. I had no reply.

Back to the game. Used to be our bigest H&A game of our season but I have no spark. Rattan led blues gave me hope in these clashes. Not these days.