Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14 - Giants defeat Blues - after match summary (Read 39479 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14 - Giants defeat Blues - after match summary

Reply #16
Poor kicking is poor football, 4 set shots in the 2nd qtr for a net result of 3 points. We only needed 2 of those to be goals for the win !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Re: Carlton vs GWS: Post Game Patter

Reply #17
We did it again: an 'honourable loss', but a loss all the same against a team we should be pounding. Even Richmond pounded them.

There is nothing "honourable" about losing.

It's either we win, or it is a catastrophe !!
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #18
It's OK, we're tanking. Top 4 next year !!  ;)
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #19
Need to play our youth and get games into them..you can call it tanking  for the best pick we can get, and cut another 10-12 players.
Get Rendell as head of recruiting and try and pinch some of thsee kids from GWS/GC etc and rebuild the list quickly...

Reply #20
This would be funny if it wasn't so sad or predictable.

Lucky I couldn't watch.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #21
Cannot wait to read Sheik's revised sacked and cracked.

Nothing will has change, the last revision I made based on contract expiry was it.

Just so you know, I didn't see any of the game due to being at an all-weekend Cricket Coaching course but I'm guessing that if I read the whole thread, it will be the same suspects making the same basic skill errors.  

Reply #22
Need to play our youth and get games into them..you can call it tanking  for the best pick we can get, and cut another 10-12 players.
Get Rendell as head of recruiting and try and pinch some of thsee kids from GWS/GC etc and rebuild the list quickly...

we've been rebuilding quickly since 2002

Reply #23
Another loss to a bottom 4 side. Drums should be beating

Yep, it's some pretty ugly reading isn't it? Losses to GWS, Richmond, Melbourne and Brisbane......this is as bad as any season we've played in the last 10 years, honourable losses to top 8 teams mean absolutely nothing when your loss column includes numerous losses to most teams on the bottom rungs.

We looked slow today and Robbie Warnock needs to take good, hard look at himself as his past 2 games have been arguably his worst ever.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #24

Nothing has changed then if reading Brother Elwood's honest summation and recommendation is anything to go by.

Reply #25

contrary to Kruddler, today's game is a real spotlight on our Clubs culture and management...

Since the Ratten era our list wins unexpectedly against good (not top sides) but loses unexpectedly to bottom sides..

Rebuilding the list is after rebuilding the Board and administration

The CEO comes first who then has input and control of the decision to hire a recruiter and list manager...

Then comes the reserves and development of our juniors..

for the life of me, I cannot understand how supporters can narrowly quarantine this shocking result without looking at the big picture...

we MUST have the new CEO and Recruiter locked in by August 2014.....

Reply #26
1. Ball use abysmal.
2. Failed to intimidate a bunch of kids and I don't care how many of them for 1st round draft picks.
3. Bad kicking for goal once again.

See ya later boys and girls, season well and truly over, I'm pissing off for 7 weeks this Sat so won't be following one bit footy for the rest of the season thank fork.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #27

Can't even get much out of what we have. It'll end up being the same result with different faces

Reply #28

Can't even get much out of what we have. It'll end up being the same result with different faces

Got to start somewhere...we are bottom four material for 2014/15 if we dont try and change things......I agree with what we have it doesnt look very promising.
We just lack in so many areas and dont have any depth ...the result vs bendigo today tells you how poor our list is....

Reply #29
Four losses in a row, two to bottom four sides, but the list now doesn't need a cull. Something needs to be culled. Am so over this crap. Thank fork for the World Game.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!