Skip to main content
Topic: Round 14 - Giants defeat Blues - after match summary (Read 39485 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 14 - Giants defeat Blues - after match summary

Reply #30
That performance was putrid.

I only saw the second half but I didn't see any part of the game where we looked like a competent football team.

How is that possible.

Our game plan is outdated, obsolete, fully analysed and completely predictable.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #31
Our season was over last week, it's all tanking from here now.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #33
Our season was over last week, it's all tanking from here now.

.........are you suggesting todays performance was orchestrated from the coaches box?

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #34
Yes. I suggested it a few days ago in the prematch thread and posted it again today at the start of the game when Murphy was pulled out.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #35
Four losses in a row, two to bottom four sides, but the list now doesn't need a cull. Something needs to be culled. Am so over this crap. Thank fork for the World Game.

Amen to that!!

Reply #36
A performance like that leaves you feeling really flat.
The previous two weeks we've been competitive against good sides and the hope was that we could continue that form.
We have a tough run until the end of the year.
We may still cause an upset or two but deep down we know that those results will be the "aberration".

We have a large group of players closer to the end than the beginning.
These have been our better players.
We are facing competition in the next few years from two manufactured sides that have advantages that we cannot hope to match....that's quite apart from the established top sides who seem to have enough talent coming through to maintain their positions well above ours.

I still believe that at our best we are a lot better than that performance.
...but our best "is flash in the pan" stuff.
You cant just turn up for half your games.

The way the competition  and draft is structured we are essentially back to 2003-4 levels.
I'll concede it's start again time.
Mick said we were approaching 11'oclock....our premiership window.
But we blinked and missed it.
It's five past 12.00 and we've turned back into a pumpkin.

Reply #37
I fear we're locked into another 'Paganist' style period. FFS, I don't see the development or structure of a team that has any coherency or team oriented belief.

Malthouse, as good as a coach as he was, just appears to be lagging behind the modern day coaching styles.

Lamentable.

Reply #38
My footy team sucks!

Reply #39
Those who are calling for MM's head, who would be a good replacement ? Its not as if there's a Roos, Lyon or a Clarkson uncontracted and ready to be poached...

Reply #40

Quality analysis right there, good one Lods.

*thumbs up emoticon wanted*
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #41
It's got nothing to do with Malthouse, our skills by hand and foot are deplorable and it's been that way for more than 10 years.
It's at the point now that when one of our players is clear with time to balance up you expect the ball to be turned over, you also expect slow, high handballs, foot passes at bootlaces or on top of the forwards' heads, fumbles under pressure, poor decisions and second guessing, all of which are symptoms of players who just aren't good enough.
There are about 6 or 7 players in our team with reliable foot skills and the rest are hit and miss, mostly miss.
Malthouse can't fix it in a year or two.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #42
Those who are calling for MM's head, who would be a good replacement ? Its not as if there's a Roos, Lyon or a Clarkson uncontracted and ready to be poached...

Who knows? But if you were to throw up a name like Ken Hinkley 3 years ago, you'd laugh. There just might be another Ken Hinkley out there somewhere, they just need to be given a chance. Or at least be identified as a potential future premiership coach. Hell, even Paul Roos has made an impact at Melbourne FFS.

Reply #43
It's got nothing to do with Malthouse, our skills by hand and foot are deplorable and it's been that way for more than 10 years.
It's at the point now that when one of our players is clear with time to balance up you expect the ball to be turned over, you also expect slow, high handballs, foot passes at bootlaces or on top of the forwards' heads, fumbles under pressure, poor decisions and second guessing, all of which are symptoms of players who just aren't good enough.
There are about 6 or 7 players in our team with reliable foot skills and the rest are hit and miss, mostly miss.
Malthouse can't fix it in a year or two.

How do you explain Roos' impact at Melbourne then? He's stopped the absolute beatings they used to cop, made them tougher to score against, and now they have more belief in winning games. All in half a season!

Reply #44

Quality analysis right there, good one Lods.

*thumbs up emoticon wanted*

The fact the coach publicly stated the 11 o'clock is enough for me to think he is not the man!
The Force Awakens!