Skip to main content
Topic: Casboult's Hands The Best In The Business (Read 18721 times) previous topic - next topic

Casboult's Hands The Best In The Business

LEVI Casboult has great hands. The question is: how great?

AFL legend Wayne Carey suggests the Carlton forward might have the best hands in the game, while Casboult's teammate Lachie Henderson has taken it a step further.

"I reckon Levi's definitely got the best hands in the business," Henderson told AFL.com.au after Casboult played a key role in the Blues' 85-point win over St Kilda at Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

"That mark he took at the end of the third quarter when he had three blokes around him, that was an absolutely fantastic grab.

"He's got the greatest hands in the game, for sure."

Casboult was the most eye-catching member of a three-pronged Blues attack in which he, Henderson and usual defender Simon White bagged four goals apiece, contributing a combined 12.1 in Carlton's impressive total of 24.7 (151).

Most significantly, the often-inaccurate Casboult had a 100 per cent strike rate, equalling his career-best of 4.0 against Hawthorn just three weeks ago.

He now has nine straight from his past four games, after just 4.8 in his previous 10 outings. Overall, the 24-year-old man-mountain has 27 goals from 28 AFL appearances.

Between them, the Blues' triumvirate claimed 23 marks. Critically, nine of them were contested, including four apiece to Casboult and Henderson.

"Levi clunked 'em today like he always does and the important thing was he kicked straight," Henderson said.

"Kicking has always been the thing that could let him down but he's worked really hard on it over the last year or two and it's kudos to him that he's improved in that area."

Blues coach Mick Malthouse believes Casboult is probably his club's most improved player this season, and says his development is reward for both the forward's hard work and the club's patience.

"Big blokes, we tend to cast them aside pretty early, and it's the nature of the draft – you can't be waiting forever," Malthouse said.

"If you've got the patience and you think there's a flicker there, you've got to stick with it and go through a bit of pain. And I'd say the club's been through a bit of pain with Levi in regard to his inconsistencies.

"This year he's had less of them and he's had a bigger impact when he's played. He would be as close to anyone who's had a major improvement from last year."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-07/best-hands-in-the-comp
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Re: Casboult's Hands The Best In The Busniness

Reply #1
He has improved heaps and may clubs would have their eyes on him and waiting to see when he is out of contract. We need to hang on to this guy and keep developing his skills. Especially his kicking accuracy. He has an impact on the game and has the strength needed at this AFL level. I like this guy heaps and am patient to his bad games here and there. I expect he will be a danger man in the next few seasons. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #2
Marking is an innate skill and contested marking is even more so. 

Kicking, on the other hand, can be learned and improved (look at Zach Tuohy and the other Irish lads).

If Levi isn't signed up to a three year deal, heads should roll!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3
The Saints game should help his confidence to perform well against the better sides. Really hope he has a good one this week v. the Swans - could be a major plus for him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #4
Agree we need to sign him but I want to see him do his stuff vs the better team before I agree on a contract price...I could have outmarked Montagna in the goalsquare with the insipid opposition he provided...

Reply #5
The Saints game should help his confidence to perform well against the better sides. Really hope he has a good one this week v. the Swans - could be a major plus for him.

x2. Confidence is an amazing thing and you can see it growing with him. He has been one of the few points of interest of mine this year and hope he finishes off the year really strong.

Reply #6
The best thing about Casboult's mark in the goal square was that it resulted from a mark that he took at CHB and some hard running to create a forward target.

EB probably could outmark Montagna but could he run from CHB to the goal square in time to contest the mark?  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7
The best thing about Casboult's mark in the goal square was that it resulted from a mark that he took at CHB and some hard running to create a forward target.

EB probably could outmark Montagna but could he run from CHB to the goal square in time to contest the mark?  ;)

You got me DJ..... :) I'd make it in time but only if the Bolt carried me.... ;)

Reply #8
This is one of the few highlights of this season...

im so wrapped for Rock the Casbah...

he had something when we saw him in the final/semifinal reserves games a few years back where Rock clutched some great marks...

Reply #9
Meh I'll reserve my thoughts and praise till after he signs at a reasonable and fair price that's reflective of where he's at and  improvement still required. Too many bad memories of a forward who deserted for the almighty dollar a decade or so ago.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #10
Can you kick with your hands???

Reply #11
. Too many bad memories of a forward who deserted for the almighty dollar a decade or so ago.

Good example of why its a good idea not to have discussions which should be private out in the public

Reply #12
Meh I'll reserve my thoughts and praise till after he signs at a reasonable and fair price that's reflective of where he's at and  improvement still required. Too many bad memories of a forward who deserted for the almighty dollar a decade or so ago.

We should have re-signed him at the start of the year. His price is skyrocketing now.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #13

Are the initials A.H. for the deserter. I still havent forgiven him for leaving.He owed us  heaps for helping him play in the 99 grand final.Anyway we got KARMA as he was  always injured  ;)      

Reply #14

Are the initials A.H. for the deserter. I still havent forgiven him for leaving.He owed us  heaps for helping him play in the 99 grand final.Anyway we got KARMA as he was  always injured  ;)    

Yes HS thats precisely who I'm referring to.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain