Jaksch              Rowe                 Simpson
Everitt              Gibbs                 Yarran
Menzel             Henderson       Thomas
Walker              Jones              Cas
Kruezer            Murphy            Curnow
Judd          Bell            Cripps         Carazzo
Emerg       Tutt    Dick   Whiley  Tuohy
White    Graham  Armfield      Watson

I'd have Touhy ahead of Carrots, unless Carrots can return to his 2011 form. But that team looks pretty solid. I might even swap Sheean into the mix also.
Why did the Carlton FC fall? So they could learn to pick themselves up.

Re: Round 1 2015

Reply #76
I think Carrotts is cooked...what has he done over the last 18 months?

Reply #77
I think Carrotts is cooked...what has he done over the last 18 months?

I thought he was looking OK by the end of 2014 - in fact better than I expected.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #78
If Carrazzo gets some continuity in his game he will be great for us, if he keeps getting injured he struggles to find his touch.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #80
It's interesting how some folk are keen to include in our best 22 blokes who couldn't crack it for a game in other sides.

If they're good enough, the additions to our list will force themselves in to the 22 but I suspect that most will be depth players at best and list cloggers at worst.

On the basis that the new blokes have to earn their place rather than being rewarded for wanting to join us, my team for Round 1 is:

B:   Yarran   Jamieson   White
HB:   Everitt   Rowe    Simpson
C:   Thomas    Gibbs    Cripps    
HF:   Menzel   Henderson   Walker
F:   Judd           Casboult   Watson   
Foll:   Kreuzer   Murphy    Curnow         
Int:   Bell, Tuohy, Jones, Graham                
Emerg: Jaksch, Docherty, Buckley

I have taken a chance with Jones because of his form in the VFL and his pre-season endeavour.

I reckon Carrazzo will line up for Round 1, and the team will perform better if he does play.  That would push Graham or Cripps out of the 22 but, if they're good enough, they'll force their way into the side.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #81
Reckon Jaksch is a lock in to play rnd 1...you dont give away pick 7 and have your main recruit running around in he NB's.
Jones too I would expect to play......
Agree on Carrazzo..if fit I would expect him the the team....

Reply #82
Reckon Jaksch is a lock in to play rnd 1...you dont give away pick 7 and have your main recruit running around in he NB's.

I suspect you're right EB, but I hope Jaksch and Jones earn the right to run out in navy blue.

If they are in our best 22 on merit, things could be looking up.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #83

Not so sure about that EB.

Jaksch was recruited with the long term view in mind, not a quick fix.

I reckon they'll have to earn their places in the team this season. We will be out there to win from the first bounce.
Mick  and the assistants are all playing for their positions too.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #84
Keeping pick #7 would have been the long term thing to do IMO, we did this because we need Jaksch to start playing now.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #85
Keeping pick #7 would have been the long term thing to do IMO, we did this because we need Jaksch to start playing now.

Really? Thats as good as you can do? Why do we need him to play now? We just had a breakout year from Rowe who was beaten by Hawkins and not much else all year. Jamison had a serviceable year as well. Best CHB/FB combo we've had for a while, so much so that it allowed Hendo to play up forward.

As a third defender option we had White who played out of his skin and performs his role every week.

Personally, i see Jaksch as a long term replacement for Jamison and would be surprised if he played round 1.

We got Jaksch because he is a talented up and coming former first round KPP with a couple of years development under his belt ala Lachie Henderson.

Jaksch didn't cost us Fev. It cost us a drop of 10 live picks in the draft, plus we got an inside mid thrown in for free.

But your opinion is your own. Feel free to 'maintain the rage'  ::)

Reply #86

Jaksch didn't cost us Fev. It cost us a drop of 10 live picks in the draft, plus we got an inside mid thrown in for free.

Jaksch and pick 19 wasn't worth pick 7, I wouldn't call Whiley a freebie, he evened the deal up.

Reply #87

Really? Thats as good as you can do? Why do we need him to play now? We just had a breakout year from Rowe who was beaten by Hawkins and not much else all year. Jamison had a serviceable year as well. Best CHB/FB combo we've had for a while, so much so that it allowed Hendo to play up forward.

As a third defender option we had White who played out of his skin and performs his role every week.

Personally, i see Jaksch as a long term replacement for Jamison and would be surprised if he played round 1.

We got Jaksch because he is a talented up and coming former first round KPP with a couple of years development under his belt ala Lachie Henderson.

White is a stop gap and  wont cut it vs the better teams with the bigger more talented forwards.......Jaskch is a CHB IMO and thats where he will play most of his footy IMO.....
We also had to get Jaksch because Watson has proven to be a banana down back and Giles probably wont play for a while if ever and that leaves us with SFA in terms of KP defenders.
Agree on Jaksch being similar to Henderson in terms of development at this stage but I dont remember Lachie playing too many games in the twos.....
Jaksch picked us because he wanted more opportunities and I dont reckon he was talking playing in the Northern Blues and would have had promises made by Mick that he would get senior game time IMO...like Henderson I think he will get his training in the seniors.

Reckon Henderson will play forward along with Jones as the KP Forwards......

Reply #88
I would also think that Jaksch will play in our defence R1, enabling Hendo to play mainly forward. That's why we got him and I think MM will start as he means to go on in the longer term. White will have to fight harder for his spot next year but I think MM likes him so I'm definitely not writing him off yet.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #89

White is a stop gap and  wont cut it vs the better teams with the bigger more talented forwards.......Jaskch is a CHB IMO and thats where he will play most of his footy IMO.....
We also had to get Jaksch because Watson has proven to be a banana down back and Giles probably wont play for a while if ever and that leaves us with SFA in terms of KP defenders.
Agree on Jaksch being similar to Henderson in terms of development at this stage but I dont remember Lachie playing too many games in the twos.....
Jaksch picked us because he wanted more opportunities and I dont reckon he was talking playing in the Northern Blues and would have had promises made by Mick that he would get senior game time IMO...like Henderson I think he will get his training in the seniors.

Reckon Henderson will play forward along with Jones as the KP Forwards......

All these posts prove to me is that we need another key position player and should take a look at Mckenzie, as we are still one short by my reckoning.  Particularly if someone gets injured.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson