Skip to main content
Topic: RD 18 : Blues Scorch Suns (Post-Siren Sunburn)  (Read 26665 times) previous topic - next topic

RD 18 : Blues Scorch Suns (Post-Siren Sunburn)

Ended up being a big win but it took a while to shake them off. Should of been a 10-goal thumping based on the number of points we kicked.

Happy to get away with this one !! 
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: RD 18 : Blues Scorch Suns (Post-Siren Sunburn)

Reply #1
that's all we've been doing - just getting by
not convinced - haven't been for a while
make the 8 = just making up numbers

Reply #2
Kicked away in the last to make it a big win. GC are still developing, and will be a little "one step forward one step back" for a while. 40 scoring shots to 22 is pretty food going though.

Well done lads.

Reply #3
Kicked away in the last to make it a big win. GC are still developing, and will be a little "one step forward one step back" for a while. 40 scoring shots to 22 is pretty food going though.

Well done lads.

Considering we had about 6 or 7 non contributors that's not a bad result.
Waite in for Rowe.

Reply #4
Did what we had too. Comfortable 10 goal win if not for poor kicking.
Looking forward to Freo, opportunity to make a statement.
Waite in, but where does he play?. Loathed to move Hendo away from the forward line
Eat more chooks

Reply #5
Convincing victory in the end and could have been a whole lot more had we kicked straight. A good confidence builder and three straight wins with an undermanned Freo and then Western Bulldogs to come. A big chance to win five straight and build some real momentum.

Curnow BOG today for mine did enough to curtail Ablett and did some damage the other way. He's really come on in the last few weeks.

Hendo continues to impress but I feel there's better to come from him.

Kreuzer a solid game still struggles in those marking contests but getting better.

Really like Dennis' second half.

Really liked Yazz's first half, second half was invisible.

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6

Well done lads.

Waite in for Rowe.

Yep.... a few missing
Problem with Waite for Rowe is that it means we only have one ruck.(and Waite has to be available)
Kreuzer's smashed the hit-outs today (42) but he needs a spell at some stage.

Reply #7
Waite a liability in defence. Too undisciplined and gives away too many frees

Reply #8
Rowe was very unconvincing today.
He has no second effort, and if not on his terms, sometimes even no first effort.
Can take a mark when he wants, but he is a bit too stand offish for mine.

Reply #9
Get the feeling that a Henderson "day-out" isn't too far away.
A 7-8 goal haul is probably on the cards before season's end which will put to bed the "what's his best position?" debate.

Reply #10
He has no second effort, and if not on his terms, sometimes even no first effort.

Bottom line....

If Warnock's fit and available Rowe doesn't play.

Ablett 32 disposals 68.7% efficiency
Curnow 22 disposals 86.4% efficiency ;)

In the words of the Black Knight......"Let's call it a draw" :D

Reply #11

Bottom line....

Not for me...I'm still sticking with Rowe, we need a second ruckman but one who can take a mark and give us some options....Warnock is still a lampost who can only play ruck.
Rowe wasnt great today, didnt take enough marks or get involved enough but i think we have to get away from rotating our KP/rucks when they have a ordinary game or two.
You have to build confidence to build a structure and I think Rowe has to be educated and given a chance to settle.......if you did drop Rowe then I reckon it has to be Casboult who comes in...at least he can play more than one position. I dont see Warnock as an option unless Kruezer gets hurt.

re: Waite...happy to have him back in the team but he isnt a ruckman and you still need a backup for Kruezer wether it be Rowe or Casboult.

Reply #12

Bottom line....

Not for me...I'm still sticking with Rowe, we need a second ruckman but one who can take a mark and give us some options....Warnock is still a lampost who can only play ruck.
Rowe wasnt great today, didnt take enough marks or get involved enough but i think we have to get away from rotating our KP/rucks when they have a ordinary game or two.
You have to build confidence to build a structure and I think Rowe has to be educated and given a chance to settle.......if you did drop Rowe then I reckon it has to be Casboult who comes in...at least he can play more than one position. I dont see Warnock as an option unless Kruezer gets hurt.

re: Waite...happy to have him back in the team but he isnt a ruckman and you still need a backup for Kruezer wether it be Rowe or Casboult.

In the "post match" Mick was apparently pleased with the support Rowe provided so he may be given the opportunity to keep going.

Reply #13
Glad we got the win, sad that we took til the last qtr to put it away.

Our goal kicking was terrible, and still too much not to like overall. Hendo and Kreuzer I suppose were the positives. A real lack of consistancy across the board from nearly everyone else.

Between the umpiring and the commentary, it's becoming near impossible to enjoy watching the foootball on TV anymore.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #14

Well done lads.

Waite in for Rowe.

Only one that comes in for Rowe is Casboult otherwise we have no relief ruckman. Waite will come in for someone else.