Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad (Read 57172 times) previous topic - next topic

NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad

Our last practice game is not next weekend, but the weekend after, on Friday night. Our only Friday game for 2016. :)
I hope we play a side that might be a bit closer to the team for Round 1. I don't like getting pumped by the Drug Cheats.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad

Reply #1
Anything better than 4 goals will be an improvement.
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #2
We definitely need to field our best possible team for this one IMO.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #3
That was the comment that resonated most among the people I was with yesterday, "why play such a weak side today?".
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4

I'd say the team will be more like what will rock up for Rnd1 vs the Tigers with our A grade midfield back in...think our main problem remains the forward line..

Reply #5
There will be a massive change before the next game:

IN: Cripps, Murphy, Kreuzer, Gibbs, Kerridge, Walker, Wright.

OUT: Jones, Tutt, Dick, Cuningham, Silvagni, Phillips/Gorringe, Byrne.

Reply #6
I'd say the team will be more like what will rock up for Rnd1 vs the Tigers with our A grade midfield back in...think our main problem remains the forward line..

Watching yesterday we don't seem to have any clue in the F50, with guys like our mate Jones running around like headless chooks, no real leads and the ball being bombed in long to a pack contesting for the ball - 9/10 times resulting in a turnover. Just not ever going to work, as the scoreboard reflected. The Bummers, on the other hand, had leading players and on occasions some nice entries and delivery. All of that, coupled with skill errors and turnovers all around the ground were what I took home from the afternoon.

Hopefully the inclusion of our senior players will fix the skill errors to an extent but where the hell are the answers to the F50 predicament??  ???
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #7
That was the comment that resonated most among the people I was with yesterday, "why play such a weak side today?".

People need to look at the big picture. Does losing to Essenscum suck? Yes. Does Rd 2 of the NAB Challenge mean anything? No. Did our kids get a good run and do a few nice things? Certainly.

It was worth giving an extended run to our most inexperienced players, and this was a perfect opportunity to do it. We were playing a team of kids and rejects. It wasn't worth rushing back Murphy and Cripps. It's better to ease Kreuzer into Rd 1 after his injury issues. Kerridge is one who probably could have/should have played, but you'd think he's locked in his spot for Rd 1, so it was a good opportunity to see who else could step up to the plate. As a result of more experienced players being unabailable, Graham and  Tuohy really stepped up. Graham would have to be a certainty now to be in the best 22 come Rd 1.

Reply #8
People need to look at the big picture. Does losing to Essenscum suck? Yes. Does Rd 2 of the NAB Challenge mean anything? No. Did our kids get a good run and do a few nice things? Certainly.

It was worth giving an extended run to our most inexperienced players, and this was a perfect opportunity to do it. We were playing a team of kids and rejects. It wasn't worth rushing back Murphy and Cripps. It's better to ease Kreuzer into Rd 1 after his injury issues. Kerridge is one who probably could have/should have played, but you'd think he's locked in his spot for Rd 1, so it was a good opportunity to see who else could step up to the plate. As a result of more experienced players being unabailable, Graham and  Tuohy really stepped up. Graham would have to be a certainty now to be in the best 22 come Rd 1.
No argument from me Navy, I was merely stating what all the whingers were carrying on with yesterday, I felt like dead set punching them in the head! Some people just never learn.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #9
Full strength CFC midfield - Cripps, Murph, Gibbs, Kerridge, Graham, Thomas, Wright, Whiley, Boekhurst (Simmo, Docherty)

That's a pretty decent list.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #10
Full strength CFC midfield - Cripps, Murph, Gibbs, Kerridge, Graham, Thomas, Wright, Whiley, Boekhurst (Simmo, Docherty)

That's a pretty decent list.
Once that midfield hums along together in sync, it will be pretty good I reckon. Still not sure about Whiley but I will hold off judgement until he gets a decent crack at it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #11

Because 4 points wasn't at stake. Winning is irrelevant so it was a week to expose the kids.

Reply #12
sos - wrong thread

Reply #13
Once that midfield hums along together in sync, it will be pretty good I reckon. Still not sure about Whiley but I will hold off judgement until he gets a decent crack at it.

Forgot Ed Curnow. Oops, sorry Ed, much better player than many give him credit for......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
Delivery into the forward 50 must improve if we are to kick more than 6 goals a game. Deplorable.