Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad (Read 59957 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad

Reply #46
Not even sure if flank is a position either TBH.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #47
Wrong. He kicks more goals with an attacking gameplan, hence his figures under Ratts were far better (other than 2012 when he missed a large chunk of games).

Yes, he wasn't suited to MMs body wrestling the ball around the boundary for 120 mins game plan.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #48
Wrong. He kicks more goals with an attacking gameplan, hence his figures under Ratts were far better (other than 2012 when he missed a large chunk of games).

2012 happened.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #50
I'd play Gibbs as a forward who runs on the ball every now and then rather than the other way round, kicked goals for Glenelg but we have never used him forward enough...even played FF there.

Kerridge is a goal kicking mid as is Graham......

I think Murphy is another player who needs to spend some more time forward as a forward pocket goalsneak to get away from taggers and we need to get away from the Gibbs/Murphy midfield setup and  re-design our onball division...

When Plowman is fit I would use him in the middle..big bodied hard working type who can carry the ball Josh Kennedy style, GWS were trying to develop him in that role but when you have Treloar and Sheil there wasnt any room for him on a regular basis...

One of the better posts I've read.

Reply #51
Would love to see how Kreuzer would go at FF for a full game.  Won't ever get my wish, but always been curious to see him perform if given 4 quarters in the arc.

Reply #52
Would love to see how Kreuzer would go at FF for a full game.  Won't ever get my wish, but always been curious to see him perform if given 4 quarters in the arc.

Wish granted!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #53
Yep, we need a more powerful midfield unit:

1. Murphy
2. Cripps
3. Gibbs
4. E.Curnow
5. Kerridge
6. Thomas
7. Docherty
8. Graham
9. Whiley
10. Wright
10. Boekhorst
11. Buckley
12. Tuohy
13. Kreuzer - ruckman

Simpson might play some more wing this year, I'd even consider him to play as a craft HFF'er. Not sure he'll be able to always keep up down back but his level head is great all over the park.

Simpson, Boekhorst, Buckley, Docherty, Tuohy - they'll rotate between the flanks/wings/onball brigade though I'd like to see more time in the guts for Doch and Zackary 2E. Get Bucks to the outside on a wing all day and he'll grow in that role IMHO.

Think Kerridge will be massive for us. Wright will be better than many think - I've always been a fan of his. He'll play a nice blend of small forward/onball.

Best I've seen Thomas look and move a couple of weeks back. Whiley will win clearances to help Cripps so long as he uses the ball well. Add some more bulk and he'll be even better - just stronger shoulders, back, arms, core.

Graham - I hope he continues to improve, get heaps of the ball and use it well, snag a couple of goals. He'll be very handy then. Add a Cuningham for some games along with Boekhorst and Bucks and there is some really break-neck speed there.

Reply #54
Doesn't look all that bad when you put it like that Pratty.

Reply #55
I think you can add C Curnow to that list.

Reply #56
No mucking around....Go in with essentially our first round team and take it right up to them.
I want to see what our 2016 side looks like and plays like.

Reply #57
I think you can add C Curnow to that list.

x 2.

You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #58
Isn't it pretty much traditional the Swans lose all their NAB games?

We'll fix that  ;D
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #59
Doc, touhey, wright, Buckley aren't mids. Whiley.... jury is still out but only just. He has been way off the pace in preseason.

We need a Sumner, Plowman, etc. To really come good. Like cripps did last year. Without a few of our younger guys becoming stars we're stuffed i think.