Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad (Read 59968 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: NAB Challenge: Carlton vs. Sydney at Etihad

Reply #225
Nicky G and Boeky are CLEARLY the two that look to have come on a little over the break. Boeky has some freakish ability, looks every bit a player.

Agreed along with Kerridge and I was pissed at both those trades.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #226
I'm not sure why there's not more love for Rowe  ???  I thought that he was clearly our most important defender last night and his solid work allowed Weitering to play a more attacking role. 

I'm more concerned about Jamison's form; he seemed all at sea when trying to stand Buddy.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #227
Agreed, Rowe gets a raw deal.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #228
Can a full replay be found anywhere?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #230
Can a full replay be found anywhere?

You should be able to watch it via the Telstra AFL app.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #231
Stunned that a bloke as experienced as Jammo keeps getting caught so badly out of position.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #232
I can't see Casboult as either a key forward or pinch hit ruckman who kicks a few goals in a top class finals team, and that's what we should be aiming at being.
As of today he's as good as anything else we've got, which isn't saying much at all.
We've accepted mediocrity for far too long.

Rucking improved alot last year and took more marks rucking than the others put together. Not so great in the tap department but mark well around the ground. I'm happy to lose`a few tap out for that.

Only played one final at AFL level on that awful wet night in Sydney but at VFL level he used to lift 2-3 levels come finals time and play way better than he did during the home and away season. He did average 1.5 goals a game last year playing only half his season from the goalsquare. The 2nd half of the year he averaged 2. Genuine 2nd ruck first half of the year, FF and pinch hit 2nd ruck the 2nd half.  That's valuable, which you can't argue with, especially in a awful side that struggled to kick 10 goal in a game. Other sides saw his value. He's not a great player but decent enough for someone we plucked off a rookie list.

Personally i'd like us to have 2 key forwards with Casboult playing full time 2nd ruck but that's not possible. Better than any of our other 2nd ruckmen, who, maybe with the exception of Wood, aren't very good. Nice to have a resting ruck would can mark around the ground, take a mark forward and hit the scoreboard.

Just think though he'll struggle as a full time FF. Being our no.1 forward now he'll attract the best defender and every other defender as well. He's not that good to cope with that. Hence why I think he needs the dual role for his confidence to get the best out of him.

Reply #233
Nicky G and Boeky are CLEARLY the two that look to have come on a little over the break. Boeky has some freakish ability, looks every bit a player.

Everytime i see Boeky get the pill i do a double take because he looks like Menzel, even has the '2' on his back from the right angles. (where you can't see the '1').

Both have that same haircut and both are smooth movers.

Happy with the 1 we've kept.

Reply #234
I'm not sure why there's not more love for Rowe  ???  I thought that he was clearly our most important defender last night and his solid work allowed Weitering to play a more attacking role. 

I'm more concerned about Jamison's form; he seemed all at sea when trying to stand Buddy.

Rowe was, is, and always will be an absolute no talent hack who would not get a game in any of the other 17 AFL teams. He is slow, cannot take a contested mark, never has a second effort, panicks under pressure, and totally lacks any ability and a football brain. Weitering who hasn't played an official 4 point earning AFL game yet, is 10 classes above him.

I don't care who we put in the back line to replace him, as long as he isn't there.

We have other spuds playing for the club, but he is far and away the worst.
Went through hell and deserves all praise for the courage that he displayed overcoming his illness. None of that qualifies him to get a game with Carlton or any other side, for that matter.

And it's time for the few on here left that support him, to wake up to that fact.

Reply #235
Rowe was, is, and always will be an absolute no talent hack who would not get a game in any of the other 17 AFL teams. He is slow, cannot take a contested mark, never has a second effort, panicks under pressure, and totally lacks any ability and a football brain. Weitering who hasn't played an official 4 point earning AFL game yet, is 10 classes above him.

I don't care who we put in the back line to replace him, as long as he isn't there.

We have other spuds playing for the club, but he is far and away the worst.
Went through hell and deserves all praise for the courage that he displayed overcoming his illness. None of that qualifies him to get a game with Carlton or any other side, for that matter.

And it's time for the few on here left that support him, to wake up to that fact.

Did you watch Friday's game?

Anyway, Rowe is clearly rated by Bolton and that's all that really matters  :)

Reply #236
Stunned that a bloke as experienced as Jammo keeps getting caught so badly out of position.

Commentators were saying that we are trying to implement some form of zone defence and that we are pressing forward out of defence a lot more. We obviously haven't got it down pat yet.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #237
Casboult has all the potential and not one ounce of dog, he needs to learn to want to hurt opposition or he will go nowhere. What was that thing Graham stated, "I need to be brutal!"

For the likes of Levi, Rowe, Jamison and Everitt the clock is ticking, there is no place in AFL for nice guys! :o

They all need a bit less David Hille and little more Luke Hodge! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #238
Agreed, Rowe gets a raw deal.

Rowe is arguably the worst player on any AFL list right now, who is getting a regular game. He is beyond terrible....cannot mark to save himself, is a panic merchant, horrible decision maker with the ball in his hands, the list goes on......deadset spud, who should be the 2nd one shown the door come year's end (Liam Jones being the first). The only advantage he brings to the team....as others have said, is that he takes the pressure off Weitering for the time being. Jamo.....FMD, Weitering's already better than those 2 clowns.

Is there any other team in the AFL who plays Buddy as badly as we do??? This guy's eyes must light up when he see us as his next opponent, as we are absolutely (and always have been) totally clueless on how to negate him in any way.

We are so far ahead on the Kerridge/Menzel trade, that it's becoming quite embarrassing for the Crows & with Wright it also looks like we'll benefit from having him in the team.

Our forward line is a complete & utter mess.....high bombs to Casboult isn't gonna cut it.....ever.

Love Matty Kreuzer.....just love him, but on the other end of the scale - wtf is going on with Everitt??? I just hope he & the likes of Gibbs need the fair dinkum stuff to really get going or else we've got two major problems right there.

We can't even compare Boekhorst to the player he was this time last year......would be runner-up to Kerridge in the pre-season B&F (if such an award existed). Hoping it turns into a massive year for him.

Good signs all round, but the usual problems still remain: disposal & shooting for goal *sigh*......
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #239
Did you watch Friday's game?

Anyway, Rowe is clearly rated by Bolton and that's all that really matters  :)

Yes, I watched it. He's a no talent hack. The only time he takes a mark, and it's hold your breath when he goes for it, is when he's on his own without an opponent being within 20 metres of him.
And you can completely forget about him being able to read the play. Compare him and Weitering, and it's no contest.

Just accept that he's a liability being on the ground, and the next time he stuffs up, which will be against Richmond, you won't want to throw a brick at the TV screen in frustration.

From conversations that I have had with people at the club, they are fully aware that he's a spud.
If you can provide me with evidence where Bolton has publicly even mentioned Rowe once and that he "rates" him, I will defer to your knowledge on this subject.