Skip to main content
Topic: Rd 11: Post Game Excitement: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 32488 times) previous topic - next topic

Rd 11: Post Game Excitement: Carlton vs Brisbane

After last year I want to see a win when I get home. I'll edit the title when I get home.

Hope that fits.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Rd 11: Post Game ________: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #1
After last year I want to see a win when I get home. I'll edit the title when I get home.

Don't always get what you want... But you did this time Crash. We didn't look like losing.
Let the celebration begin Bluebaggers ;D
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #2
Didn't need the whip...hands and heels win
Fairly average in a lot of respects....But winning average always beats losing well :D

Some nice end to end goals.

Reply #3
Mike Fitzpatrick

Nice to win and if someone said we'd be 6-5 half with a 38 pt win again Brisbane I'd be beyond excited. But now we are actually decent, and you have to say, with a 6-5 record, now a finals contender even if we're still not favoured, we were very sloppy after half time. That attitude won't help against a side like St.Kilda next week.

Anyway, past the negatives, what we have done to get us to 6-5 and some sort of a finals chance is nothing short of remarkable. Especially when we were crap at 0-4 and I was hoping we could win at least 1 game this season. Our season has taken off. Finals, at our stage, would be terrific but development at this stage is the priority. Finals would be simply a bonus on top of that.

Reply #4
If there was any doubt over taking Weitering with the first pick in the draft it was removed today. He beat Schache all day to finish with 24 disposals and 14 marks. He was also the first player interviewed after the game by the fox sportss team.

Reply #5
Weitering might have been playing on another kid, but he was pretty close to BOG today
Goals for 2017
=============
Play the most anti-social football in the AFL

Reply #6
Very good win on a six day break.

Reply #7
Cripps mentioned in a post game on ground interview that Kruze copped a knock to the head.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Another good even team effort which is the most pleasing thing about this season.
Hard to pick the best player, which is odd in a 40 point win, but even harder to pick a bad player.
Gorringe is looking much more comfortable, it's amazing what some senior games can do.
Tough game next week, St Kilda have a good sprinkling of young talent and move the ball very quickly.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #9
Comparing our endeavor and skill to our last game v Lions.
Hard to fathom its the same club. While we have plenty of development to go, its no longer an embarrassment being a Bluebagger. Hats off to the genius behind "the new blues". Finals or not, we've got a chance to resurrect the club back to it's former glory.

Go Blues
Henry Ford.

Reply #10
LLLLWWWWLWW looks a hell of a lot better than than LLLLLLLLLLL which is what many were predicting. I only saw the second half and it looked ugly for the most part. JW was the standout, composure plus that kid. Dare I say it but Gorringe is starting to do a few nice things. What a difference Kreuzer makes to our the structure of our side, it is so noticeable. Interesting fact during the commentary we are the 3 oldest side in the comp! Is that correct? Anyway, a wins a win.
Da dada dada!
Go Blues.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #11
LLLLWWWWLWW looks a hell of a lot better than than LLLLLLLLLLL which is what many were predicting. I only saw the second half and it looked ugly for the most part. JW was the standout, composure plus that kid. Dare I say it but Gorringe is starting to do a few nice things. What a difference Kreuzer makes to our the structure of our side, it is so noticeable. Interesting fact during the commentary we are the 3 oldest side in the comp! Is that correct? Anyway, a wins a win.
Da dada dada!
Go Blues.

100%. Wasn't at the game but felt we cruised at times. Bolton won't be happy, play like that next week and we'll get done.

Reply #12
@GIC

3rd oldest team - have heard that quoted a few times. Not sure if it relates to age (guessing it is) or games played. We do have some older boys with low kms on the clock though.
Henry Ford.

Reply #13
half the hawks prem team last year were 28 and over.

don't think age matters as much as winning - providing we have a solid underbelly of youngsters coming through

Reply #14
Cripps mentioned in a post game on ground interview that Kruze copped a knock to the head.

The word at the ground was that Kreuzer was throwing up.  That could be a response to concussion - or he could have eaten a bad prawn.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball