Skip to main content
Topic: Squad for JLT game named (Read 38818 times) previous topic - next topic

Squad for JLT game named

A 29 man squad has been named for our game against Melbourne and it includes eight new players (ignoring Harry McKay's NAB appearance last year). 

1 – Jack Silvagni, 3 – Marc Murphy, 4 – Bryce Gibbs, 6 – Kade Simpson, 7 – Dylan Buckley, 8 – Matthew Kreuzer, 10 – Harry McKay, 11 – Sam Kerridge, 13 – Jed Lamb, 15 – Sam Docherty, 16 – Billie Smedts, 17 – Sam Rowe, 20 – Lachie Plowman, 22 – Caleb Marchbank, 23 – Jacob Weitering, 24 – Rhys Palmer, 25 – Zac Fisher, 27 – Dennis Armfield, 28 – David Cuningham, 29 – Cameron Polson, 30 – Charlie Curnow, 33 – Jarrod Pickett, 35 – Edward Curnow, 37 – Daniel Gorringe, 39 – Dale Thomas, 41 – Levi Casboult, 42 – Kym Lebois, 43 – Simon White, 46 – Matthew Wright

Ii looks like a pretty strong team.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Squad for JLT game named

Reply #1
I hope all the young guys get the opportunity to play.

Reply #2
In all honesty, I'd love to see all the newbies get a gig along with the young blokes from last year.

The three players I'd leave out might come from - Armfield, White, Thomas, Buckley and Lamb. Having said this, would be good to see these blokes running around too.

Nevertheless, ah, footy (for us) is back soon. Bring it on!

Reply #3
In all honesty, I'd love to see all the newbies get a gig along with the young blokes from last year.

The three players I'd leave out might come from - Armfield, White, Thomas, Buckley and Lamb. Having said this, would be good to see this blokes running around too.

Nevertheless, ah, footy (for us) is back soon. Bring it on!

Pretty much the same guys I was thinking.

Reply #4
It reads like it will be a potent forward line.
Gone are the days of not knowing where we will score from to having a number of avenues.
Will make watching footy almost enjoyable again.  ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5
Pretty much the same guys I was thinking.
I sure hope they aren't thinking of rucking McKay!

8:30am game time in Bali, Bintang and Blues for breakfast at Nirvana! :) Unfortunately I think Nirvana is owned by a CheatsFC man, I'd better check if Diesel and Sticks old joint is open in Poppy Lane!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6
No Liam Jones?

Reply #8
Great to see last years young guys named. Polson surprised me a little. Guess he's really tracking well. That's very pleasing.
I too hope we don't ruck young Harry. Can't see it myself, likely to be Gorringe helping K I'd suggest.
Can't wait to hear from those at the game how the new guys go. My thanks in advance ;D

Go Blues.

Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #9
You almost sound disappointed?

You should get yourself to the doctors quick! You're clearly delirious!

I'm disappointed.

I was hoping he'd evolve and come good.

Sadly he might be our best key forward on the list at the moment.

I hope that changes quickly and is either no longer best or no longer sadly the best.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #10
What's the issue with Harry having a run in the ruck?

He has been in the system for 12 months, put on muscle and, no doubt, learned how to look after himself.  Most of the top ruckmen (apart from those who started as rookies) debuted in the ruck at 19 years of age.  Harry may still be a touch on the light side but I'd back him in if he gets a run.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11
The real surprise is leBois for a rookie to get a mention the kid must have impressed.
Looking forward to the game. Demons will be a fitting test.
Hope we come away with some positives.
Go Baggers

Reply #13
The real surprise is leBois for a rookie to get a mention the kid must have impressed.
Looking forward to the game. Demons will be a fitting test.
Hope we come away with some positives.
Go Baggers

We've certainly named a strong side - even without Crippa and SPS!

Really don't see why the Dees are rated so highly. on paper  we look the goods!
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #14
Reckon Lebois could cause some headaches on the wkend, and in 2017. He'll be a promoted rookie at some point and play senior footy.