Skip to main content
Topic: SSM Plebiscite (Read 114241 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SSM Plebiscite

Reply #300
The left wing nut job that headbutted our former PM has been charged.

Yet nothing happens about Rudds God son who got beaten up.

Agree with GIC, which is what Thry is talking about - ideology.  The other aspects that I get are people being scared of change and not knowing if there will be other consequences that are not relevant to the actual debate eg Safe Schools arguments (ps Thanks Bernardi for your comments that lead to a magnificant fundraising effort)

Reply #302
I have only just looked at this site as I have been pretty busy, and I'm not going to read all 20 pages thus far. So if I repeat something someone else has written I apologise.

I reckon that 90% of the public would not have an issue voting yes, IF the word marriage was not used to describe a same sex union. If it was called a Civil Union performed by a celebrant and a Civil Union certificate was issued,  or a Rainbow Union, a politician recently referred to her family as a "Rainbow Family", only the most fanatical religious individuals would oppose it.

Why is it, that heterosexual couples who have lived together for years, have accepted the term De-facto to describe their union, or partnership, yet the Gay community find it impossible to come up with a term to describe their union. At least De-facto couples have enough respect for the term marriage which has been the term used for a man and a woman who go through a civil or religious ceremony to become man and wife, not to hijack it.

I have many Gay friends, two in particular, who have been a couple for 15 years, and are voting no. When I asked why, they said that they deplore the bully tactics being used by the Gay lobby, and they cannot understand the fixation with the Gay lobby wanting to use the word marriage to describe their  SS union.

Finally, I am absolutely disgusted at that hypocrite Gillon McLaughlin. Our club was correct when they said it is up to individuals to vote how they see fit.

But what is so disgraceful about that goose Gillon, is that on the one hand he decides that the AFL are going to take a stand which has to alienate at least 40% of the Afl's supporters, some AFL members are not going to renew their memberships, but this hypocrite sees no conflict of interest in the AFL taking millions of dollars in sponsorship money from Etihad.

Etihad is the Qatari national airline. Not only are Qatar, along with Iran major sponsors of terrorism, but they have a law they enforce, and hang Homosexuals and Lesbians. And you can forget about women having any rights in the Country. Women can't even attend a soccer match there or drive car. But it is their abominable, disgusting murdering of Gays, that makes Gillon's "taking a stand" such hypocrisy.

Give back the money, Gill, then maybe you might have half a leg to stand on you hypocrite.

Reply #303
I think you will find the issue for the LGBT mob is not nomenclature, but rather equal rights and choice. Gay couples have no choice, and I'm sure not all of them wish to marry. Heterosexual couples are at least able to choose one or the other.  And heterosexual de facto couples do not have the same rights as heterosexual married couples.

No doubt there will be gays out there who will vote no. No group, once it reaches a certain critical mass, will ever have 100% consistency in the opinions of its constituents.

No comment from me on the rest of your post.

Reply #304
I think you will find the issue for the LGBT mob is not nomenclature, but rather equal rights and choice. Gay couples have no choice, and I'm sure not all of them wish to marry. Heterosexual couples are at least able to choose one or the other.  And heterosexual de facto couples do not have the same rights as heterosexual married couples.

No doubt there will be gays out there who will vote no. No group, once it reaches a certain critical mass, will ever have 100% consistency in the opinions of its constituents.

No comment from me on the rest of your post.
You are wrong on all counts, Paul. I suggest you consult a partner in a law firm. One of my kids is.

They will tell you that De facto and gay couples have all the same rights as married hetero couples. The only real difficulty faced by a gay couple, is in adopting a child. As far as making medical decisions is concerned, another furfy brought up by the gay lobby, as long as one of the partners signs a medical power of attorney, just like some heterosexual couples who are not married have to do, they have the same rights as married couples. And even with married couples, the hubby may not want the missus to make medical decisions on his behalf so he can do the same and sign an enduring medical power of attorney, authorizing someone else to make the decisions.

People need to check the ACTUAL law rather than listen to the bullcr@p.  This no equal rights stuff is propaganda and untrue. By the way, living together for 6 months is enough for one partner, to make a claim on the other. Used to be 12 months.

Reply #306
You are wrong on all counts, Paul. I suggest you consult a partner in a law firm. One of my kids is.

They will tell you that De facto and gay couples have all the same rights as married hetero couples. The only real difficulty faced by a gay couple, is in adopting a child. As far as making medical decisions is concerned, another furfy brought up by the gay lobby, as long as one of the partners signs a medical power of attorney, just like some heterosexual couples who are not married have to do, they have the same rights as married couples. And even with married couples, the hubby may not want the missus to make medical decisions on his behalf so he can do the same and sign an enduring medical power of attorney, authorizing someone else to make the decisions.

People need to check the ACTUAL law rather than listen to the bullcr@p.  This no equal rights stuff is propaganda and untrue. By the way, living together for 6 months is enough for one partner, to make a claim on the other. Used to be 12 months.

I did mention the enduring medical power of attorney previously as I was surprised by Magda S's comments and her not knowing that advice...

Reply #310
As usual I'll be labelled a conspiracy theorist.

But I have a contact in political media circles, that Hobart district was only recently upgraded with new 360° full UltraHD low light security cameras. Yet there is no footage of the alleged assault surfacing!

We know there was a hit, but was it a hit or a hit! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #311
The left wing nut job that headbutted our former PM has been charged.

It seems that he's not a 'left wing nut job' but an anarchist whose actions had nothing to do with Abbott's homophobic opposition to marriage equality.

Never let the facts get in the way of cheap point scoring MBB  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #312
It seems that he's not a 'left wing nut job' but an anarchist whose actions had nothing to do with Abbott's homophobic opposition to marriage equality.

He's fairly left wing and a nut job, anybody who renames themselves Astro Labe screwnukel is a tad odd!

Whether his actions are related or unrelated seems questionable, he admits to being pissed at the time, taking drugs and having a mental health issue. I suspect we cannot trust him to chose his left or right!

By the way, an Astrolabe is a ancient type of chronometer / sextant form the same ear as the legendary Antikythera machine. But I suspect the only place this nutter will lead you is up the river!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #313
If he ends up in the can he should have some time to practice his head butting.

Reply #314

Sure he's not, just like you're not.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!