Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 3: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 24686 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 3: Post Game Platitudes: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #165
The logical conclusion to your question is that umpires are either corrupt or incompetent, and I'm sure every club has large swathes of supporters with a major victim mentality.

I think the logical conclusion is that umpires are human and fallable, equally and easily influenced by crowds and media as any of us!

I suppose our problem is too many Carlton fans sit stirring their tea with a silver spoon and offering golf claps of encouragement, while the filth and feral fans scream at the top of their lungs for another "ball"!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #166
I think the logical conclusion is that umpires are human and fallable, equally and easily influenced by crowds and media as any of us!

Yes well, that would take the wind of millions of sails, who swear black and blue that the AFL hates us, the media hates us, the umps hate us, and they will never be satisfied until we are wiped off the face of the earth.

I'm rather surprised that you of all people would take such a benevolent position.

Reply #167
Yes well, that would take the wind of millions of sails, who swear black and blue that the AFL hates us, the media hates us, the umps hate us, and they will never be satisfied until we are wiped off the face of the earth.

I'm rather surprised that you of all people would take such a benevolent position.

We can be persecuted and they can be fallable, there is not necessarily a connection! ;D

I'm no enigma! :o
The Force Awakens!