Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 1: Northern Blues vs Collingwood (Read 16228 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 1: Northern Blues vs Collingwood

Reply #30
99 points down at 3/4 time, great weekend for the club...Spineless 8)

Reply #31
I've no idea what any of our coaches can say about this weeks performances :(
No idea at all.

"Very sorry Bluebaggers" ?  :-[
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32
Its very sad to see our twos get pummelled, not the outcome I expected. Our entire club is in a massive hole it needs to to dig itself out of...fast
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #33
Speechless. Can't believe what I am watching and yes, I fear our club is in the shizen.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #34
So far, the final qtr is comical... Keystone Cops stuff. Rottingwood up by 111 pts...  :-[

Reply #35
The standard is like U12 v VFL. The worse part is there's so many Blues players in the mix.

The ONLY positive I have found is we have an appropriate sponsor for streaming the game.  Cousins Smash Repairs. I think they'll get plenty of business from our players who've been smashed :-[

Not sure how the club plans to resurrect the carnage. In fact it looks like a total write off of the entire fleet from where I sit.

Where to from here is the question???
I hope someone has some answers coz I'm totally at a loss.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #36
The standard is like U12 v VFL. The worse part is there's so many Blues players in the mix.

The ONLY positive I have found is we have an appropriate sponsor for streaming the game.  Cousins Smash Repairs. I think they'll get plenty of business from our players who've been smashed :-[

Not sure how the club plans to resurrect the carnage. In fact it looks like a total write off of the entire fleet from where I sit.

:)) :)) :)) Good one. Thank you, LN, we needed a good laugh at something other than our club...  :(

Reply #37
61 - 189 In q4. They could still top 200!!

MY deepest sympathy goes to our bravest bluebaggers who are attending the game. It must be excruciatingly painful to endure  :'(
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #38
Like Patrick Kerr...big unit who has a great kick on him.....has to play seniors soon...

Reply #39
Nobody trying to bang down the door to demand senior selection. >:(

Kerridge, Graham and Silvagni are showing us what we already know about them and should be considered for senior selection.

Phillips will probably be first in line if Kreuzer misses again - Rowe is an established option when he is match fit again.

I like the way O'Brien and De Koning move so they are worth observing for further development.

Can’t say I agree with your assessment of Kerridge, Graham and Sivagni - I’ve just returned from the game and none of those players impressed.  Kerridge’s disposal was abysmal and Graham and Silvagni kept getting caught by no-namers in the VFL.

Re Harry McKay - if he wants to play AFL he might actually show some intent to get the ball - he just doesn’t want it enough and spent most of the day floating behind the contest rather than making the play.

Phillips and O’Brien looked Ok at times.

Other than that, nothing to see at the Northern Blues other than a cast of blues players who all looked like they need a good square meal. Pathetic.

Reply #40
201 to 71... a 130 pt drubbing at home from Rottingwood.

Only positives I could see were than Sam Rowe got through another game and Phillips did well in the ruck, so much so that they roved to him.

Reply #41

Can’t say I agree with your assessment of Kerridge, Graham and Sivagni - I’ve just returned from the game and none of those players impressed.  Kerridge’s disposal was abysmal and Graham and Silvagni kept getting caught by no-namers in the VFL.

Re Harry McKay - if he wants to play AFL he might actually show some intent to get the ball - he just doesn’t want it enough and spent most of the day floating behind the contest rather than making the play.

Other than that, nothing to see at the Northern Blues other than a cast of blues players who all looked like they need a good square meal. Pathetic.

Yep, a long way from AFL footy.

Reply #42

Agree on Kerridge and Graham..just garbage....Jack is ultra slow...

Best was Philips ......Kerr and Harry show ability, Obrien is a nice kick but another smaller type  and was ok at times...Pies were too slick and smart, even Mayne got a kick today...Jesse GMac was about as bad as I have seen...

Reply #43
Agree on Kerridge and Graham..just garbage....Jack is ultra slow...

Best was Philips ......Kerr and Harry show ability, Obrien is a nice kick but another smaller type  and was ok at times...Pies were too slick and smart, even Mayne got a kick today...

Yep Mayne looked great and Josh looked more like Peter against us. Fasolo was having a laugh....

What we wouldn’t do for a Michael Conlon type

Reply #44

Send all the kids and Cripps back to the VFL and leave them there for the rest of the year.
Let them develop a team ethic and learn to play together for one another.
Bring them back up at the start of next year...add a touch of Docherty as Captain...and away we go.

(and I'm only half joking :( )