Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 VFL Rd 1: Northern Blues vs Collingwood (Read 16261 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 VFL Rd 1: Northern Blues vs Collingwood

Reply #45

Can’t say I agree with your assessment of Kerridge, Graham and Sivagni - I’ve just returned from the game and none of those players impressed.  Kerridge’s disposal was abysmal and Graham and Silvagni kept getting caught by no-namers in the VFL.

Re Harry McKay - if he wants to play AFL he might actually show some intent to get the ball - he just doesn’t want it enough and spent most of the day floating behind the contest rather than making the play.

Phillips and O’Brien looked Ok at times.

Other than that, nothing to see at the Northern Blues other than a cast of blues players who all looked like they need a good square meal. Pathetic.

????????????????????????????
Take your pick... you deserve it
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #46
Send all the kids and Cripps back to the VFL and leave them there for the rest of the year.
Let them develop a team ethic and learn to play together for one another.
Bring them back up at the start of next year...add a touch of Docherty as Captain...and away we go.

(and I'm only half joking :( )

I like it. If it's "time playing together..... to gel" they need. We couldn't do any worse surely.
Henry Ford.

Reply #47
May as well do it at AFL level instead.

Gws and gold coast didn't win much and got their fair share of thumpings.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #49
I would get Teague to coach the NB's........that was scary today what we saw and I believe no Collingwood team has scored 200 plus points before.
Thats bad for the kids and we need more fight shown than today, you cant ask supporters to stick with a club delivering that rubbish performance.
Bolton should hold a crisis meeting and put everyone on notice including himself......

Reply #50
The point is there is no point dropping guys like Dow, Polson even Weitering.... if they're going to be part of that debacle.
That's not a learning experience.... it's a demoralising experience

Reply #51
The point is there is no point dropping guys like Dow, Polson even Weitering.... if they're going to be part of that debacle.
That's not a learning experience.... it's a demoralising experience

Deckchairs.....I'd play Kerr or Harry ......the rest as you say..no point.

Reply #52
Given there were so many Carlton listed players in that drubbing, that has to say something about our list management. They have more injuries than us, but still their depth is THAT much better than ours? I'm a big SOS fan, but my faith is wavering

Reply #53
Lasted 3 quarters at the ground.  Graham at least contests and is a mature body who does work hard. DeKoning has promise and will get better. O’Brien ditto. Phillips is an adequate backup. Lobbe was injured early. McKay has great hands...when he bothers to use them. As a wildcard selection, I’d give Kerr a go, to let him show what he’s got and to highlight to McKay what the current pecking order is.  Silvagni presented well, spents some time on ball and will return shortly. 

Reply #54
May as well do it at AFL level instead.

Gws and gold coast didn't win much and got their fair share of thumpings.

We don't have a list chock full of talent.  So the thumping may well be relative.....
Do you think our supporters could or would sustain regular 10+ goal losses?
If not, we might be the first to trial a "membership rebuild"  :))
Novel. If nothing else.
Henry Ford.

Reply #55
This is beginning to smack of player disillusionment imo.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #56
Lasted 3 quarters at the ground.  Graham at least contests and is a mature body who does work hard. DeKoning has promise and will get better. O’Brien ditto. Phillips is an adequate backup. Lobbe was injured early. McKay has great hands...when he bothers to use them. As a wildcard selection, I’d give Kerr a go, to let him show what he’s got and to highlight to McKay what the current pecking order is.  Silvagni presented well, spents some time on ball and will return shortly.

Been pushing up for Kerr and I think its time...he may not be in red hot form but he looks the business when he marks and kicks for goal, we need to take risks and fastrack players we think might help us...not go back to the tried and failed.

Reply #57
This is beginning to smack of player disillusionment imo.

Sadly, that's the feeling I got in the second quarter.
But all is not lost because there were patches of the game that didn't reflect that.

A win or two and things change pretty quickly....but boy do we need that win or two. ::)

Reply #58
Sadly, that's the feeling I got in the second quarter.
But all is not lost because there were patches of the game that didn't reflect that.

A win or two and things change pretty quickly....but boy do we need that win or two. ::)

Well we've got the draw for it.

R4 - North (last year 15th, above us by % only)
R5 - West Coast (@MCG which they can't play)
R6 - Western Bulldogs (currently the only team in the comp below us)

After that, if it isn't already, it will get ugly.

Need some confidence, quick!

Reply #59
Been pushing up for Kerr and I think its time...he may not be in red hot form but he looks the business when he marks and kicks for goal, we need to take risks and fastrack players we thing might help us...not go back to the tried and failed.

BB is fast tracking Polson for no particular reason so may as well give Kerr a good go.
At least like SOJ he will play for the jumper  :-\
2024... Moir of the same to come